NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

if you’re fabricating scenarios based on hunches, why make it so depressing? 

‘This season is disappointing but as I’ve mentioned before the contracts I have zero insight into are a vast improvement on our previous deals regardless of league position or European qualification. One ‘bad’ season shouldn’t set us back and we’ll have plenty of FFP wiggle room in the summer’

Better?

Of course the deals are better than the earlier ones. But we also have signed players at a higher price and higher wages than under those deals. I agree that a bad season shouldn't set us back but the way FFP and the likes are set up it unfortunately means that if you're speculating to accumulate from a lower starting point than the clubs with 2-6x our revenue you need to get it right and a whole lot of luck as well. For me it's imperative that we somehow try and get a spot in Europe for next season as well be it through the league or the FA Cup.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

The article says City want a 5 million loan fee for Phillips, and an obligation to buy included for close to 40 million. I hope we don’t do it for that price tbh.

Yeah walk away he’s not a game changer long term to take us to next level. If we need to write this season off for the greater good so be it.

2 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Just getting players back in january and february should help us immensely btw. The 'best' additions we could make would probably be Murphy, Barnes, Anderson, Willock, Trips and Wilson. 

I'm pretty concerned about injury recurrence in a few of those players, like [emoji38] Some have also missed big stretches of gametime and will take a good few games to get up-to-speed too.

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I'm pretty concerned about injury recurrence in a few of those players, like [emoji38] Some have also missed big stretches of gametime and will take a good few games to get up-to-speed too.

Absolutely. But if we could have them back at around the same time we could at least ease them in a bit. We have a squad that is good - good characters, good players. We just need a few more of them to stay fit for longer.

Phillips for £5m now and £35m in the summer would be a great deal. Just think how much were paying fro Hall who can't even make it off the bench. Phillips is a quality player and had 4 great years in him. 

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

If we finish mid table I’m not sure transformative moves are really on the table tbf. It’s a risk for sure

We signed Bruno and Trippier when we where second bottom and Botman and Isak the following summer without any European football.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Phillips for £5m now and £35m in the summer would be a great deal. Just think how much were paying fro Hall who can't even make it off the bench. Phillips is a quality player and had 4 great years in him. 

We ain’t getting Philips, the sooner people get it through their heads that the ITKs actually know fuck all the better.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Disagree, imagine us having obligations which make up over 50% of the summer budget. Would be poor planning and we would all be howling when we have nothing to spend in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We signed Bruno and Trippier when we where second bottom and Botman and Isak the following summer without any European football.

That’s true tbf, but I do think there would have to be an adjustment of target if we are solidly mid table this season. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Psychologically there's a huge difference between "Richest team in all of sports"/Saudis' cockfighting Qatar and Abu Dhabi ie. an unknown entity with potentially a huge upside and a team finishing mid table on the back of a quick visit in the Champions League and having their possibilities limited and hamstrung by new rules brought in to stop us from upsetting the apple cart. 

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

We ain’t getting Philips, the sooner people get it through their heads that the ITKs actually know fuck all the better.

You'd have to be ITK to know that we're not getting him. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Disagree, imagine us having obligations which make up over 50% of the summer budget. Would be poor planning and we would all be howling when we have nothing to spend in the summer. 

Should.be howling at the £55m on Tonali, the weird asm for Barnes deal or the committed £28m to hall. £35m on Phillips is a better spend than all of that. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You'd have to be ITK to know that we're not getting him. 

No just someone that knows not to believe some of the idiots, I would put money on him being anywhere but here on feb 1st 

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The article says City want a 5 million loan fee for Phillips, and an obligation to buy included for close to 40 million. I hope we don’t do it for that price tbh.

Feel like that’s a decent price for him tbf. Longstaff is one of the first names on the team sheet for us and Phillips can do  everything he does but better and with bonuses of being better athletically and giving us a much needed option of having a true defensive 6.

I’m not in the camp of writing off this season entirely, yet. In theory KP could be the difference between getting European football or not. These “next-level” summer alternatives to him may not even want to join a team that’s limped to a 10th place finish at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

No just someone that knows not to believe some of the idiots, I would put money on him being anywhere but here on feb 1st 

Do it then.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Feel like that’s a decent price for him tbf. Longstaff is one of the first names on the team sheet for us and Phillips can do  everything he does but better and with bonuses of being better athletically and giving us a much needed option of having a true defensive 6.

I’m not in the camp of writing off this season entirely, yet. In theory KP could be the difference between getting European football or not. These “next-level” summer alternatives to him may not even want to join a team that’s limped to a 10th place finish at the end of the season.

But we have already had arguably or best windows without European football.

23 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

If we finish mid table I’m not sure transformative moves are really on the table tbf. It’s a risk for sure

We signed Trippier and Bruno in a relegation fight, along with Botman and Isak after finishing 11th.

35 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It sounds perfectly fair tbh. But I guess it comes down to if his style of play would suit us a year down the line.