NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

I feel like the last window was depth building and while i love Barnes, Tonali, Livramento, and Hall  and applaud planning for the future, those moves did not significantly improve the starting eleven and we missed out on CL. Of course, the injuries really hurt and underscore the need for depth, I feel like a big boost to the starting eleven is in order. That is not DCL for Callum Wilson.  

I think RW is the only position where we’re likely to be able to achieve that.

Otherwise the strategy is still the same, improve the squad so Longstaff-level players don’t have to play too much. 

4 minutes ago, Jagten said:

He had an all-time terrible finishing season last year and underperformed his expected goals like nobody else. 

so are you suggesting that was just a blip or that he’s turned to shit generally as a player?

The latter is a hard thing to recover from.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

so are you suggesting that was just a blip or that he’s turned to shit generally as a player?

The latter is a hard thing to recover from.

He might be, with injuries, post-peak. He's never been a good finisher though. 

He was a good finisher under Ancelotti, a manager who knew how to use him. Cannot stress enough how much a manager matters to a player. We’ve seen it here with Howe digging at least half the squad out of the grave that Bruce put them in. I also dread to think how Isak would get on in that Everton team. Any half decent attacking player should steer well clear of them.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You see the error in this statement though yeah?

Yes I know CW is a back up but trading young talent to replace a backup with a backup kind of makes my point.  As noted above, Miggy out and a dynamic RW in is the way to go. 

43 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think RW is the only position where we’re likely to be able to achieve that.

Otherwise the strategy is still the same, improve the squad so Longstaff-level players don’t have to play too much. 

I mean getting a solid defence again would have got us champions league this season despite the AWOL 300 players(yes I know that's related before the mob comments) having tonali and Barnes all year will be huge but defence is a concern. RW great but wouldn't be the terrible end of days situation some make out considering what we still scored 

20 minutes ago, Ellis H said:

He was a good finisher under Ancelotti, a manager who knew how to use him. Cannot stress enough how much a manager matters to a player. We’ve seen it here with Howe digging at least half the squad out of the grave that Bruce put them in. I also dread to think how Isak would get on in that Everton team. Any half decent attacking player should steer well clear of them.

No matter how many times this is stated, they're not trying to hear it. In time the point will be proven yet again though.

It will be just like Rondon being rescued from Pulis ball. If you pull up the Rondon thread you'll see the exact same complaints about how awful he was when we went for him, until the games started and then he wasn't for us, under Rafa.

Edited by KaKa

7 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I mean getting a solid defence again would have got us champions league this season despite the AWOL 300 players(yes I know that's related before the mob comments) having tonali and Barnes all year will be huge but defence is a concern. RW great but wouldn't be the terrible end of days situation some make out considering what we still scored 

All true, I just don’t see someone a step up from the defenders we have coming in. Hopefully we get a CB who is around as good as Botman and can succeed Schar though. 

Funny how DCL has become better all of a sudden compared to before he was seriously linked. Some make it sound as if he was a Drogba regen(For some).

Having said that, me, personally think he might prove to be a decent signing for us. However I would prefer that we go for someone less injury prone, especially for the price that’s been doing the rounds. I can see him doing better in a new environment with us but I’m hoping for someone else. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No matter how many times this is stated, they're not trying to hear it. In time the point will be proven yet again though.

It will be just like Rondon being rescued from Pulis ball. If you pull up the Rondon thread you'll see the exact same complaints about how awful he was when we went for him, until the games started and then he wasn't for us, under Rafa.

Loved Rondon. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that we enquired about DCL in January and now Everton have come to us with this swap deal to get them out of the shit rather than the other way around. We potentially just see an overvalue on Minteh which we can use to leverage some summer business.

other clubs get a sniff and start looking at his price.

the club know that we need to have a new starting rw this summer and Minteh is off on loan or sale with buy back as his route to the first team will be blocked short term

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Loved Rondon. 

That really brief period of Ayoze and Miggy either side of Rondon man. Could see something interesting was going to kick off with that.

We then had that 3 centre back combo of LeJeune, Schar and Lascelles at the back too.

All on the most miserly vindictive Mike Ashley budget, Rafa was still on his way to putting together something really enjoyable.

And then all of a sudden, Steve Bruce.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That really brief period of Ayoze and Miggy either side of Rondon man. Could see something interesting was going to kick off with that.

We then had that 3 centre back combo of LeJeune, Schar and Lascelles at the back too.

All on the most miserly vindictive Mike Ashley budget, Rafa was still on his way to putting together something really enjoyable.

If I was this guy i'd hunt down Bruce's entire bloodline.

Just now, Pablo said:

3-4-3 can be a lovely formation, the end of that season was wonderful, and then Ashley did what Ashley does.

Yeah, Rafa had us so well drilled in that setup. And the back three was such a great mix with so much room to continue to grow together.

Rondon's hold up and link up was great, and Ayoze and Miggy played off him so well.

There's something seriously wrong with Mike Ashley in the head.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, Rafa had us so well drilled in that setup. And the back three was such a great mix with so much room to continue to grow together.

Rondon's hold up and link up was great, and Ayoze and Miggy played off him so well.

There's something seriously wrong with Mike Ashley in the head.

Simply put, he was a spiteful Cnut.

I could be looking back a little wrong, but we ended that season in a similar way to how I feel Palace ended this, on the up.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah exciting times. You could see what Rafa was capable of with limited resources. A step on from “the short blanket”

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

All true, I just don’t see someone a step up from the defenders we have coming in. Hopefully we get a CB who is around as good as Botman and can succeed Schar though. 

Well it's up to the scouts but we are crying out for a pacey strong CB. Delicate balance of potential and immediate quality, never easy like you say

44 minutes ago, Pablo said:

3-4-3 can be a lovely formation, the end of that season was wonderful, and then Ashley did what Ashley does.

Makes me sad, lejuene fucked over by bruce. Him and schar spreading passes to lascelles and clark ffs

One thing I will say though is that if Minteh is the only signing to go before end of June (I personally think Wilson and Trippier are also likely) then I think there’s a very very good chance there’ll be no other outgoings of players we want to hold onto, e.g. Isak or Bruno