NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Talk of who AC Milan are looking to replace Thiaw with, which seems significant.

https://football-italia.net/pavlovic-for-milan-if-thiaw-joins-newcastle/

Pavlovic is a player that Mitchell sold whilst Sporting Director at Monaco to one of the clubs he previously was Technical Director of (RB Salzburg). Coincidence?

Edited by geordie_b

5 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Pavlovic is a player that Mitchell sold whilst Sporting Director at Monaco to one of the clubs he previously was Technical Director of (RB Salzburg). Coincidence?

Interesting. Name might have come up during discussions. Good spot.

I'm bored ... so doing some scouting work for the club, as they hit me up in the DMs.

Didn't realise how often Gabriel Sara had played on the right. Left footed. Great versatility for positions that work in our system too.

Another boy from Brazil? Was class in the Championship with Norwich. 13 goals and 12 assists. Surely someone picks him up?

chrome_screenshot_5Jul202416_17_30BST.thumb.png.6b396c52b0def79f90169c4c481c1336.png

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

I'm bored ... so doing some scouting work for the club, as they hit me up in the DMs.

Didn't realise how often Gabriel Sara had played on the right. Great versatility for positions that work in our system too.

Another boy from Brazil? Was class in the Championship with Norwich. 13 goals and 12 assists. Surely someone picks him up?

chrome_screenshot_5Jul202416_17_30BST.thumb.png.6b396c52b0def79f90169c4c481c1336.png

He looks brilliant and definitely worth a punt imo. Could have a similar trajectory to Eze and Olise.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He looks brilliant and definitely worth a punt imo. Could have a similar trajectory to Eze and Olise.

Yeah, really like him. Never clocked on to his positional versatility though, as I wasn't paying that close attention. Just seen him scoring some great goals and passing the ball all over.

Wish we'd explore the South American market more. How Norwich just picked someone like this up so easily, while in the Championship, is astonishing to me.

2 minutes ago, ATB said:

No chance. Dont think he fits the profile. 

What profiles is that? I think he fits the bill well can see Eddie working wonders on refinding his best form

Chiesa's FB ref stats are pretty damn good over the last year tbf:

https://fbref.com/en/players/b0f7e36c/scout/365_m1/Federico-Chiesa-Scouting-Report

How does 99th percentile for shot creating actions sound?

94th % for expected assists

97th for progressive carries

84th for progressive passes

91st for progressive passing distance

96th for passes into penalty area

97th for key passes

97th for crosses into penalty area

Above average for tackles, blocks and interceptions

Fucker's finished.

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

Chiesa's FB ref stats are pretty damn good over the last year tbf:

https://fbref.com/en/players/b0f7e36c/scout/365_m1/Federico-Chiesa-Scouting-Report

How does 99th percentile for shot creating actions sound?

94th % for expected assists

97th for progressive carries

84th for progressive passes

91st for progressive passing distance

96th for passes into penalty area

97th for key passes

97th for crosses into penalty area

Above average for tackles, blocks and interceptions

Fucker's finished.

To make these stats even more impressive he was playing out of position for most of the season

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Wait are we seriously in for Chiesa?

Probably not. But he would be class. Plus it's a friend for wor Sandro. And he speaks excellent English. And I used to like seeing his dad play on Football Italia.

Gutted to hear Chiesa isn't the player he used to be, haven't watched him lately but he used to be so exciting 

Just a thought, but would people rather we got Chiesa for £20M or something and a attacking midfielder like MGW too... Or we only went big on RW Mbuemo/Neto/ Olise type of level etc?