Loan Watch (2023/24)

A thread used in order to keep track of all the players NUFC have out on loan for the 2023/24 seaso.

Senior Players

Jamal Lewis - Watford - Season Long Loan

Harrison Ashby - Swansea - Season Long Loan

Ryan Fraser - Southampton - Season Long Loan 

Jeff Hendrick - Sheffield Wednesday - Season Long Loan 

Isaac Hayden - QPR - Until the end of the season.

Development Players

Yankuba Minteh - Feyenoord Rotterdam - Season Long Loan

Matty Bondswell - Newport County - Season Long Loan

Kell Watts - Wigan Athletic - Season Long Loan

Max Thompson - Northampton Town - Until January 2024

Garang Kuol - FC Volendam - Season Long Loan

Jay Turner-Cooke - St Johnstone - Season Long Loan

Joe White - Crewe Alexandra - Season Long Loan 

Cameron Ferguson - Forfar Athletic - Season Long Loan

Dylan Stephenson - South Shields - Until the end of the season.

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Is this not the purpose of the transfer tracker thread? Lock this shit down, @Rich

He's the one that approved it :lol: 

It's purpose is to track players that are out on loan throughout the season, not track the transfer of loans through the window, thought that was self explanatory tbh :lol: 

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

He's the one that approved it :lol: 

It's purpose is to track players that are out on loan throughout the season, not track the transfer of loans through the window, thought that was self explanatory tbh :lol: 

Hmm seems superfluous to me, and I’d watch your letterbox you devious little minx.

3 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Hmm seems superfluous to me, and I’d watch your letterbox you devious little minx.

Jokes on you, I don't have a letter box :p 

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus I assumed he was way younger and third tier would be a good test.

I guess they still saw some potential when he signed a two year extension last year and would assume he's cut loose when that expires end of this season.

14 minutes ago, wormy said:

Jesus I assumed he was way younger and third tier would be a good test.

I guess they still saw some potential when he signed a two year extension last year and would assume he's cut loose when that expires end of this season.

We were probably hoping there was an outside chance of him stepping up to Championship level and us squeezing a transfer fee at some point - as he'd played a lot of footy successfully in good 3rd tier clubs up until his injury last year (85 games for Plymouth and Wigan across two seasons, going up as champions with the latter).

Now I'd imagine he goes on a free at the end of the season.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

We were probably hoping there was an outside chance of him stepping up to Championship level and us squeezing a transfer fee at some point - as he'd played a lot of footy successfully in good 3rd tier clubs up until his injury last year (85 games for Plymouth and Wigan across two seasons, going up as champions with the latter).

Now I'd imagine he goes on a free at the end of the season.

Exactly that. Expecting them to take his full wages and sign him this summer. Don’t know whether we’ll be due compensation of a form. Think we have to offer him a contract to be eligible and can’t see that happening.

Edited by Nucasol

48 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Exactly that. Expecting them to take his full wages and sign him this summer. Don’t know whether we’ll be due compensation of a form. Think we have to offer him a contract to be eligible and can’t see that happening.

As he'll be 24 well before the end of the season in November, I think we might not be due anything? Could be wrong of course; I often am.

I'd imagine it would be negligible anyway.