Lockwood Cup 2023: Whites win!

Yorkie

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Pitch booked at usual venue at Dunston. 7’s for 2hrs 9:30-12:30. 

Opens up 9am so anyone landing early the manager will open up pitch for warming up.

The pitches are the latest G and only recently laid.

Will sort out £ once I’ve a more fixed number of players ??

That's 3 hours mate

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Still looking at coming over lads (and lasses). If I can make it, will most probably be in attendance to cheer you on rather than on the pitch :lol:

Get that kit packed! ?

So I've been looking into travel and accommodation and the current plan is to make it a four day trip, taking the ferry on the way in, arriving Thursday morning, and returning by plane Sunday afternoon. Would be good to meet up with some of you former dissidents, certainly on Saturday (will pack my kit and be a reserve player in case anyone drops out just in case @LFEE), but also possible on Thursday or Friday evening? What are the plans in terms of pre or post match drinks on Saturday?

Also I would love to take my boy Arthur to see the game on Saturday if at all possible. I assume that entails getting memberships and entering the ballot nowadays?

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

So I've been looking into travel and accommodation and the current plan is to make it a four day trip, taking the ferry on the way in, arriving Thursday morning, and returning by plane Sunday afternoon. Would be good to meet up with some of you former dissidents, certainly on Saturday (will pack my kit and be a reserve player in case anyone drops out just in case @LFEE), but also possible on Thursday or Friday evening? What are the plans in terms of pre or post match drinks on Saturday?

Also I would love to take my boy Arthur to see the game on Saturday if at all possible. I assume that entails getting memberships and entering the ballot nowadays?

We'll have stuff planned after the game etc.

Your fine the game, we need more subs since most of us are unfit etc.

Enjoy the party ferry.

19 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Definitely bring your kit for the kick around. There will be friends available to help look after Arthur if you had wanted to bring him to watch you. Offer of mine still stands for you all also just let me know ASAP. 

Yes unfortunately when discussed months ago I envisaged being able to sort you both out fairly easily but as you know all has changed so it’s a case of having a membership each and entering a ballot (they do international ones). Or if you know anyone with STs not going to the game they can transfer to you.

Can help entertain you prior to weekend also and show you a few sights if you wish.

10 hours ago, Kanji said:

I’m staying at the new Melia hotel along the Quayside. Get in Saturday morning and leaving Monday. 

there's loads of good places to eat in town obvs, but Gino D'Acampo's restaurant there is meant to be really good.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I tried to book the Malmaison but it’s website is fucking shambolic. Boiled my blood. 

it's not that good anyway, to be honest. Hotel du Vin is probably the best premium hotel in town.

17 minutes ago, Big River said:

it's not that good anyway, to be honest. Hotel du Vin is probably the best premium hotel in town.

hotel guy over here sees some massive opportunities for the future. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

hotel guy over here sees some massive opportunities for the future. 

I'm not so sure :lol: the majority of our tourism comes from stags/hens/weekends away. there's not a great deal of business up in Newcastle. feels like the few premium hotels we do have sit at half capacity most of the time.

anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. I just can't help myself talking about our great city. ENJOY THE GAME.

4 minutes ago, Big River said:

I'm not so sure :lol: the majority of our tourism comes from stags/hens/weekends away. there's not a great deal of business up in Newcastle. feels like the few premium hotels we do have sit at half capacity most of the time.

anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. I just can't help myself talking about our great city. ENJOY THE GAME.

It's better than what it used to be like 10-15 years ago for comparison.

The opportunities in town should be for more residential accommodation tbh.

18 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Just checking 'no studs' includes no rubber moulded? Fair enough, just want to check for sure as I'll have to buy something special. (Only got Copa moulded)

I think people have worn moulded previously tbh, I'm not 100% on it, I've always worn astros. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think people have worn moulded previously tbh, I'm not 100% on it, I've always worn astros. 

I normally wear moulded on 3G pitches. Wasn't sure if it was a rule from the facility or just from our group to avoid injuries and anyone going studs in on AyeDoubleYoo.

Edited by Superior Acuña