FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

Couldn't agree more.  Then there are the supposedly Toon fans that brag about placing bets on sunderland to win.  It leaves me completely gob smacked.

I suppose it's different if you aren't local with the "banter" before and after with mates, and work colleagues etc, and yes we should be aiming higher and not worrying about these.

However, you cant just ignore the years and years of local rivalry, its mad to think otherwise.

17 minutes ago, patrone said:

How do we still have "fans" that come out with shite like this?

It's becoming more obvious that people are starting to forget how to support the team, or is it just some kind of cool edgy quote so you can come out with the "I told you so, ITK" rubbish?

What a load of emotional bollocks. None of that has anything to do with what I said.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, patrone said:

As opposed to the shite you came out with

[emoji38]

Thinking that we'll lose isn't shite, it's literally just an opinion about how a result will go ye fucking girl. It's got nowt to do with how I support the team, where I'm from (Killingworth btw), or saying I told you so, it's my genuine opinion based on loads of things. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Was there. Total wild west outside. I can't remember being frightened but I do remember repeating to myself "just get on the bus, Niall" 

Glad I wasn't half cut and had a modicum of wits about me. 

I was only 14 at the time and it was my first experience of proper football violence. Remember getting to the ground and thinking I just wanted to be outside and there was a Newcastle fan stood there selling The Mag fanzine and a couple of Boro fans started kicking the living daylights out of him. No chance the poor lad got to the match. Was pretty much the same afterwards especially as we won 3-1. I remember still not feeling safe even once I was on the bus!

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thinking that we'll lose isn't shite, it's literally just an opinion about how a result will go ye fucking girl.

And my "opinion" is that you are posting shite, like some child that doesn't get the attention at home so come's out with bullshit to get others to notice.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by patrone

1 hour ago, Sima said:

No VAR is a concern here.  The shite they could get away with man…

I really hope Isak is running at nearly full pelt now. They’re playing O’Nien at CB, all it needs is slide rule pass from Bruno in behind him and he’s either being left for dead or jumping on Isak’s back and getting sent off.

We’ve spent two days pissing and moaning at how Liverpool targeted the Botman x Burn channel, we should be doing the same to them with Gordon and Isak making runs between their RB Hume and O’Nien.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I was only 14 at the time and it was my first experience of proper football violence. Remember getting to the ground and thinking I just wanted to be outside and there was a Newcastle fan stood there selling The Mag fanzine and a couple of Boro fans started kicking the living daylights out of him. No chance the poor lad got to the match. Was pretty much the same afterwards especially as we won 3-1. I remember still not feeling safe even once I was on the bus!

Aye, that walk to and along the buses was like The Warriors. 

6 minutes ago, patrone said:

And my "opinion" is that you are posting shite, like some child that doesn't get the attention at home so come's out with bullshit to get others to notice.

Every accusation is a confession as far as I can see. Proper cry arsing over a nothing post from days ago and coming out with extra shite about how to support the team that has nothing remotely to do with what I said. No idea who you are but you seem like a proper weirdo, so I'll stick you on mute and I recommend you do the same.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Every accusation is a confession as far as I can see. Proper cry arsing over a nothing post and coming out with extra shite about how to support the team that has nothing remotely to do with what I said. No idea who you are but you seem like a proper weirdo, so I'll stick you on mute and I recommend you do the same.

"Cry Arsing"

ye fucking girl

[emoji38]

1 hour ago, patrone said:

🤷‍♂️

There's a difference between being negative and being a realist. He was being a realist. It's a forum, we're supposed to share our honest opinions.

My honest thoughts are where fucked and this is only going one way. We’ll make Clarke and Roberts look like world beaters and we’ll be absolutely dragged down to their level, with misplaced passes and daft fouls given away all over the shop.

Sheffield Wednesday last season all over again unfortunately.

Guest reefatoon

Hope we play Joelinton back in midfield as one of the three. Longstaff, Miley and Bruno is just too weak. They have been overrun so much in games. I think you need to pick one of Miley and Longstaff as both in there leaves us too vulnerable. And out of the two, Miley has been the much better player, so would go Joelinton - Bruno - Miley.

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

My honest thoughts are where fucked and this is only going one way. We’ll make Clarke and Roberts look like world beaters and we’ll be absolutely dragged down to their level, with misplaced passes and daft fouls given away all over the shop.

My honest thoughts are that we will hump these by at least three goals.

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Have seen a few people saying it could be like Sheff Wed last season but looking at the team we put out against them and only about 4 of them will be starting on Saturday . Seem to remember it was Isak first game back as well and he was nowhere near fit.

Dubraka
Lewis
Lascelles
Botman
Manquillo
S.Longstaff
Anderson
Joelinton
Murphy
Ritchie
Isak

Edited by Geogaddi

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Have seen a few people saying it could be like Sheff Wed last season but looking at the team we put out against them and only about 4 of them will be starting on Saturday . Seem to remember it was Isak first game back as well and he was nowhere near fit.

Dubraka
Lewis
Lascelles
Botman
Manquillo
S.Longstaff
Anderson
Joelinton
Murphy
Ritchie
Isak

There’s also a misconception that we were terrible in that game and got battered. But truth be told we should have been comfortably ahead at half-time had Isak taken his chances.

When you’re playing lower league teams, that’s inevitably what it comes down to, can you take the chances that you’ll almost certainly create?

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Was always rougher than Sunderland was Boro. Much worse. Remember going to Ayresome Park when we beat them in the League Cup and it was genuinely scary! One of only 2 times I've genuinely been scared outside a football ground. Contrast that to Sunderland away 2 weeks later when O'Brien scored the free kick and the mackems just kept out of the way. Strange thing with Cleveland Police was that they would go to all those lengths to segregate us before the match, often meaning we missed the first 15/20 mins (I remember one time once they finally let is in it was already 1-1!) and at full time they would let us all out together :lol:

Was this the 3-1 win in 1992? I was at that one and I must have been one of the few people who saw no trouble whatsoever. I do remember making sure that I wore no colours though as Boro had a reputation back then of being rough.

Was a brilliant night that though. I'd been to Ayresome a season or two before when they stuffed us 3-0 so it was immensely satisfying to put them in their place. We were on our way up via promotion and they were were on their way down from the Prem via relegation.

9 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Dubraka
Lewis
Lascelles
Botman
Manquillo
S.Longstaff
Anderson
Joelinton
Murphy
Ritchie
Isak

Notwithstanding "the beauty of the cup" & all that jazz, that team should've had enough about them. 

Arguably 6 of those could start on sarraday 😉. 7 if Lascelles were to replace Schar. 

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

There's a difference between being negative and being a realist. He was being a realist. It's a forum, we're supposed to share our honest opinions.

FFS, what has happened to our fanbase 

So being a "realist" is saying "we will lose" against Sunderland, nah mate, that is being negative just for the craic

I've no idea why some people bother to be fair if they expect us to lose all the time, feel free to mute me also, miserable fkrs man :hunter:

Edited by patrone
cant spell proper

21 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Was this the 3-1 win in 1992? I was at that one and I must have been one of the few people who saw no trouble whatsoever. I do remember making sure that I wore no colours though as Boro had a reputation back then of being rough.

Was a brilliant night that though. I'd been to Ayresome a season or two before when they stuffed us 3-0 so it was immensely satisfying to put them in their place. We were on our way up via promotion and they were were on their way down from the Prem via relegation.

Aye we won 3-1. They were Premier League at the time and we were top of Division 1 as it was known then. Drew 0-0 in the first leg at SJP.

Was my first experience of proper football violence and I remember thinking how mental the Boro fans were. Just full of absolute hatred. The season before they'd came up here and put all the windows out in the Three Bulls.

We played Sunderland 2 weeks later at Roker and I remember bricking it after what I'd seen at Middlesbrough. Our next door neighbour drove us down there and we parked well away from the ground. As we got nearer it became apparent that Sunderland was going to be nothing like Middlesbrough and it actually felt like more of a home game for us, and the Sunderland fans weren't interested in any bother.

21 minutes ago, patrone said:

FFS, what has happened to our fanbase 

So being a "realist" is saying "we will lose" against Sunderland, nah mate, that is being negative just for the craic

I've no idea why some people bother to be fair if they expect us to lose all the time, feel free to mute me also, miserable fkrs man :hunter:

What do you expect man? If that's what people think that's what people think. It's not unrealistic or overly negative to think we might lose this, we're in dreadful form, we've lost 7 of the last 8 and these are doing pretty well. That's before you take into account the occasion and all that bollocks.

I dint want a forum where every fucker comes on here and says we'll win every game 6 nil easy, that's blind optimism and ain't gonna happen.

People are saying what they think will happen, no one's showing off, no one wants us to lose to these cunts man, fucking hell, but equally we're thankfully not a deluded fanbase that thinks we're going to smash every team when we're clearly not.

Gillispie

Trippier  Lascelles   Burn   Dummett

Miley  Longstaff Hall

Ritchie

Parkinson  Ndiweni