Alfie Harrison

NSG

2 hours ago, andycap said:

So are we still buying for the future? Do we never learn we need players for our first team. To finish the campaign strongly and hopefully get a europa spot. 

1. We have the 3rd oldest squad in the Prem.

2. FFP.

This guy really does look amazing, but it just brings home just how good Miley is. 
Alfie is 1 year older, unbelievable talent, but goes into the Academy, whilst our Miley is 1 year younger, first team regular, with champions league experience

1 minute ago, arnonel said:

This guy really does look amazing, but it just brings home just how good Miley is. 
Alfie is 1 year older, unbelievable talent, but goes into the Academy, whilst our Miley is 1 year younger, first team regular, with champions league experience

Do we know hes going into the academy long term?(havent read every page)

Hearing that interview, that he went to City from Blackburn aged 9-10, triggered a memory. There was a lad of about that age joined in with a City academy session when my son was there. Played in joggers and hoodie and normal trainers. Rang rings around everyone. One of the coaches said he was a couple of years older and moving over from Blackburn (I think, had remembered it as Burnley but easy mixed up). Age is right. Wonder if it was him? 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I reckon he’ll be training with the first team squad. If so, it’ll be up to him (to some extent) whether we see him in the first team. 

Wouldnt be shocked if he played a part Saturday, assuming he signs on time obviously

34 minutes ago, Erikse said:

1. We have the 3rd oldest squad in the Prem.

2. FFP.

Also, it's not just you doing this, there's going to be a lot more of it happening in future - in general in the PL, i mean - than has in the past, due to FFP.

We're doing the same (and we're facing, maybe a bit further down the line, the same FFP woes you are) right now - signing some kid from Boro, a 12 year old Serbian right back and allegedly a goalkeeper who has to leave training early most days to do his paper round.

16 hours ago, Yorkie said:

£17m!? City's academy is a money printer. 

It is, they made something like £480m selling academy lads since 2017, good luck to Harrison hope it works out well for him at you guys.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

What makes yours?

The combination of nice colours and high quality fabric, I reckon.

(this is a low quality apostrophe based joke)

58 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Black and white striped throw. ‘Twas a sign, a sign!

IMG_7856.thumb.jpeg.9faef1c6168b5d4d671824497b98bdd8.jpeg

I heard we were his boyhood club. Used to get Mitro on the back of his shirts.