Alfie Harrison

NSG

1 hour ago, NSG said:

Then sell him to Brighton! 🙂

City have a hefty sell on clause in the contract should the club decide to flip him. Nothing unusual for City to do this btw, they tend to add these clauses to all their academy products.

6 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd have agreed 6 or 7 years ago but the likes of Foden, Mainoo and Wharton haven't been loaned out and they've turned out okay. We just need to start giving our youngsters minutes in games that we've already won after 70 mins. Something myself and others have criticised Eddie Howe for when he's brought on Matt Ritchie instead of Lewis Hall or one of the other youngsters on the bench.

Pretty sure I read that he left City because he wanted an easier route to the first team, so I imagine he probably thinks he should be getting a fair crack here next season.

I'd have agreed 6 or 7 years ago but the likes of Foden, Mainoo and Wharton haven't been loaned out and they've turned out okay. We just need to start giving our youngsters minutes in games that we've already won after 70 mins. Something myself and others have criticised Eddie Howe for when he's brought on Matt Ritchie instead of Lewis Hall or one of the other youngsters on the bench.

100% - look at what liverpool did with what was basically an academy team in the carabao. No reason talent such as here can't get some spare minutes with us, versus shipping them out to some farmers division.

Wharton has spent a season in the Championship though,  I don't think it's comparable

Edited by joeyt

Reckon he’ll be a bench regular? Or too soon? No little about him but looks to have confidence in his ability in his clips.