Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

34 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Great win. But these match threads man, seen EH described as "a fucking idiot" and a "fraud" over the course of 90 minutes. Fucking shocking following these threads.

Seriously?? Name and shame.  That's awful craic.

2 minutes ago, simonsays said:

You saying Barton was right?  Sexist.

He was absolutely bad for the first. He’s a good player but he’s horrible off the ball. Barton’s opinion is worthless lol. Lived off being able to sling a ball at a 6’5 target man 

This penalty chat is nonsense

This penalty chat is nonsense

The word “intentional” goes unsaid these days - Dubs wasn’t even looking in that direction, he genuinely played the ball”.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We do, but it's not entirely down to Tino. We also go a lot more defensive with a back 5 out of possession.

That is absolutely true ofcourse but the way he plays that role had a huge impact on the team. Bringing on Dummett instead of Tino in that same scenario for example doesn't produce the same result.

My view:

Good win on the road. Better side, despite what Andy Hinchcliffe would have you believe.

Ref was awful. Let them foul all day. Proper homer. Let their fans dictate the decisions.

How did Dan Burn play? Got done once and I'm not talking about their first goal, prior to that. Their first was an excellent counter and an excellent pass. If city score that, nobody criticises Burn.  If we are to put blame, perhaps blame the midfield for the same issues we've had all season.

Aside from that, Forest were shite. Sat behind the ball and tried to hit us on the break (to some success). We should have worked this out sooner and kept the ball better but ultimately they did fuck all... or at least no more than any other PL side at home is expected as a minimum.

Howe played a blinder playing Bruno further forward... credit? We dominated the ball but still looked like a side lacking some confidence.

We scored 3 goals, again, our scoring goals isn't an issue. We conceded 2, fair but one was a freak. You take them on the chin. 

Ultimately, we've scored 6 on the road to Villa and Forest. That's fantastic. If we can plug that gap in midfield, particularly on the break, we will improve no end.

And yes, of course I agree Burn shouldn't be starting. Get behind the lads during a match. Stop whinging or a mirror will be held up at reactionary bullshit.

I love these players, I love this manager and I'm sooooo pleased we aren't in the Ashley/Bruce era. 

There's issues, sure, so fuck, we will get through them.

3 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

They are talking utter bollocks. If that was given it would have been a shocker 

Desperate to make plucky forest sound like they've been robbed, the hacking bastard's that they are.

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

What the fuck is this cunt redknapp on about 

Arguing VAR should have given this penalty as a clear and obvious error while also acknowledging it took a lot of time and different camera angles to spot it.

Just now, jack j said:

Whats he saying

Turned it off

Just absolute bollocks. It was a pen.....then Bruno blocked someone...then the forest keeper should have saved the 3rd etc 

Nowt said about 2 forest players that should have walked

Nowt said about dominating the first half 

Honestly lads and lasses - don’t watch it.  At HT I let the dogs out for a lash, made some toast and had a cup of tea (it was 5am here).  If you’re watching in the UK, try knocking the sound off the telly, and read a chapter of a book, grab a bottle and listen to some music, take the dog / cat / hamster for a five min walk round the block.  Do anything but listen to the tiresome wank coming out of a bunch of bored ex-pros.  Your day will be better for it. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly lads and lasses - don’t watch it.  At HT I let the dogs out for a lash, made some toast and had a cup of tea (it was 5am here).  If you’re watching in the UK, try knocking the sound off the telly, and read a chapter of a book, grab a bottle and listen to some music, take the dog / cat / hamster for a five min walk round the block.  Do anything but listen to the tiresome wank coming out of a bunch of bored ex-pros.  Your day will be better for it. 

That was my approach for Liverpool and Sunderland. It worked! 

3 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Arguing VAR should have given this penalty as a clear and obvious error while also acknowledging it took a lot of time and different camera angles to spot it.

Sometimes in wish they would just announce that they fucking hate us. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Do you get a lot of people walking hamsters where you live? 😄

Just now, Joe1984 said:

Do you get a lot of people walking hamsters where you live? 😄

It’s Australia - there’s probably giant hamsters with venom which could kill the entire population of Morpeth in a single envenomation in the wild out here.