Arsenal vs. Newcastle United: 24/2/24 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Twitter rumours suggesting it’s a back 3/5 with Tino and Tripps wingback. Miley Bruno Longstaff in the middle and Barnes and Gordon up top.

It really would be the best option imo. 

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

It really should be Laschelles in the back five over Burn.

Yeah I agree. Lascelles with Botman and Schar either side of him is similar to the role he played under Rafa with two ball playing cbs. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Twitter rumours suggesting it’s a back 3/5 with Tino and Tripps wingback. Miley Bruno Longstaff in the middle and Barnes and Gordon up top.

Scenes when the team is exactly same as last week and burn is lb

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Scenes when the team is exactly same as last week and burn is lb

im fully expecting this and burn to be booked in 15 mins dragging down Saka 😂 

if it’s burn against Saka, I’m going to seriously start questioning just how stubborn eddie can be. 

20 minutes ago, Sufi said:

im fully expecting this and burn to be booked in 15 mins dragging down Saka 😂 

if it’s burn against Saka, I’m going to seriously start questioning just how stubborn eddie can be. 

Burn has played Arsenal 4 times since coming here. Arsenal has scored 2 goals in total. 1 by Ødegaard, 1 own goal by Schar. Saka played in all the games.

Scenes when Burn pulls Saka out of his back pocket at the final whistle.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Burn has played Arsenal 4 times since coming here. Arsenal has scored 2 goals in total. 1 by Ødegaard, 1 own goal by Schar. Saka played in all the games.

Beat me to it - I want Tino to be starting ahead of Burn, or at least 5 at the back tonight, but every time we've played Arsenal recently there have been worries about Saka rinsing Burn and he's kept him quiet every time.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We and him as a team where in good form and high in confidence in those games. Pretty much the opposite currently.

10 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If someone drove drunk 4 times..never got a ticket. 

correlation vs causation. 

im not sure we have had ALL that success against arsenal due to Dan burn. 

if you are sitting here honestly telling me that burn vs Saka is a good idea due to them scoring only twice in 4 matches..I’d like to know your views on sports data and sample sizes in general. 

I say all this respectfully. I completely disagree but I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. I just think quoting stats like that is looking through the wrong end of the telescope 

Just now, Sufi said:

If someone drove drunk 4 times..never got a ticket. 

correlation vs causation. 

im not sure we have had ALL that success against arsenal due to Dan burn. 

if you are sitting here honestly telling me that burn vs Saka is a good idea due to them scoring only twice in 4 matches..I’d like to know your views on sports data and sample sizes in general. 

I say all this respectfully. I completely disagree but I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. I just think quoting stats like that is looking through the wrong end of the telescope 

I'd prefer Livramento personally, but I won't kick up a stink if it's Burn, as he's shown plenty times he can handle Saka just fine. :dontknow:

Saka doesn't have the scary pace of Ogbene, Elanga or Semenyo, which seems to be Burns biggest cryptonite so it's not as big a worry for me as the previous games of ours.

On 18/02/2024 at 12:04, toon25 said:

A routine 4-0 win to those cunts. Fuck that whining bastard Arteta too

Would be hilarious if there was an actual controversial goal by us that got us something from the match, blubbing Arteta wouldn't be able to hold in his "It's a dissssgrace" whining [emoji38] 

... sure the cheating fuckers will dive to glory though.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Would be hilarious if there was an actual controversial goal by us that got us something from the match, blubbing Arteta wouldn't be able to hold in his "It's a dissssgrace" whining [emoji38] 

... sure the cheating fuckers will dive to glory though.

im praying for controversy. 

id prefer beating them 1-0 with an insanely controversial goal over us beating them 10-0 

can’t stand arsenal supporters and their manager is so cringe. I think being at city made him feel entitled to decisions 

32 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We were a totally different team then tho compared to now

37 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Burn got outplayed by Saka before Joelinton ran his socks of the whole game at The Emirates.