Newcastle United 4-3 West Ham United (30/03/24) | Reaction: pg 50

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, duo said:

Any word on Almiron or Tino?  Hearing a rumour another player is injured longterm in addition to Lascelles :kasper: 

Nailed on to be Tino. Just how it goes.

Moyes taking Antonio off for Kelvin Phillips was their downfall, he tried to sit on the lead and their hold up play went out of the window at that point and allowed us to have one attack after the other. 

He only brought Ings on when they went behind, when a like for like swap was the sensible option.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Moyes taking Antonio off for Kelvin Phillips was their downfall, he tried to sit on the lead and their hold up play went out of the window at that point and allowed us to have one attack after the other. 

He only brought Ings on when they went behind, when a like for like swap was the sensible option.

Don’t even think it was necessarily that, for me it was more he put Paqueta through the middle and Schar and Burn where able to cope more. If had put Bowen or Kudus through the middle we probably would have conceded again.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Tbf to Moyes, and to some degree Howe with the Krafth reshuffle, he had every right to think a team 3-1 up wouldn't implode when he brings on an "England midfielder" to tighten up. Still had plenty for any breakaways which is how they'd set up. 

Likewise Howe with the Krafth & the 3 changes at the back. I know I'm being generous but they did seem to go to pieces for a while and neither manager could expect either player to have absolutely honking cameos. 

On the game in general, at the risk of being a "happy clapper", I thought we were the better team throughout. Mad spell either side of half time but if you consider their equaliser a result of those multiple changes to the back line not instantly gelling then everything else wasn't on the defence. 

At 1-1, Gordon's header was a whisper away, Bruno hit the crossbar. 

Their 2nd, if you want to pin it on anyone, was down to Willock not tracking Kudos. Tino got back at Bowen. 

Their 3rd, if you want to pin it on anyone, Schar with the flailing miss-tackles on Kudos AND Gordon letting Bowen go on his own. 

After that we battered them. 

Edited by Groundhog63

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Tbf to Moyes, and to some degree Howe with the Krafth reshuffle, he had every right to think a team 3-1 up wouldn't implode when he brings on an "England midfielder" to tighten up. Still had plenty for any breakaways which is how they'd set up. 

Likewise Howe with the Krafth & the 3 changes at the back. I know I'm being generous but they did seem to go to pieces for a while and neither manager could expect either player to have absolutely honking cameos. 

On the game in general, at the risk of being a "happy clapper", I thought we were the better team throughout. Mad spell either side of half time but if you consider their equaliser a result of those multiple changes to the back line not instantly gelling then everything else wasn't on the defence. 

At 1-1, Gordon's header was a whisper away, Bruno hit the crossbar. 

Their 2nd, if you want to pin it on anyone, was down to Willock not tracking Kudos. Tino got back at Bowen. 

Their 3rd, if you want to pin it on anyone, Schar with the flailing miss-tackles on Kudos AND Gordon letting Bowen go on his own. 

After that we battered them. 

For 3rd, I think Tino has to drop deeper in that situation and use the other covering defender to take care of the ball carrier. 

Just reading back some of thread from the winner. Why was referee getting so much stick? Don’t recall him getting much wrong and let the game flow pretty well.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just reading back some of thread from the winner. Why was referee getting so much stick? Don’t recall him getting much wrong and let the game flow pretty well.

Their 2-1 goal was incredibly weird that he let them play on. Felt like he was making up for letting a couple of situations play on in our favour when the Wham fans sang 'paid by the Saudis'.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Their 2-1 goal was incredibly weird that he let them play on. Felt like he was making up for letting a couple of situations play on in our favour when the Wham fans sang 'paid by the Saudis'.

Ref switched off for that. We all know Fab's fond of a head injury but Kudos cleary runs his fingers down his bracket. Lashes out at him. As I said earlier he did the same at Gordon, 1st half. 

Refs body language was all about going over to Schar and the free kick spot. Soon as Paqueta took the kick he should've blown. 

Daft cunt didn't even know he'd booked Gordon twice man. 

Edited by Groundhog63

Still not bored of replaying the 4th over and over again. Touch destroys Phillips then Soucek and Mavropanos pooing themselves. Truly glorious.