Fulham 0-1 Newcastle United (06/04/23) | Reaction: pg 44

Yorkie

Cursing Paul Dummett for us not holding on on Tuesday. Would've been 6th. 8pts behind Spurs with them to play next and Spurs having Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the 3 games after us.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

The performance reminded me of Man Utd this season, where they are second best for the majority of the game but a bright 25 minute period sees them pick up the win.

Great result for us but we can’t afford to play like that against Spurs.

Aye, and the media will often wank themselves to death over them when you know they were shite. We know we'll get a different analysis 

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Thought we looked much better once the two players who should have started came on. Was a baffling decision pre kick off and looked even worse considering how bad Murphy and Willock were. 

His management of Barnes and Anderson has been spot on for me. Just back from injury and having played midweek and having an option to bring them as fresh legs off the bench without overloading them.

Might have risked it if Gordon had had a 2 game ban but its worked out.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The performance reminded me of Man Utd this season, where they are second best for the majority of the game but a bright 25 minute period sees them pick up the win.

Great result for us but we can’t afford to play like that against Spurs.

Kind of, difference has been when I've watched Man Utd they've gave away big chances.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Schär was imperious despite the massive Bramble moment?

Thought Burn was imperious, especially after some posters said he can't play CB at all.

Burn was probably motm against Everton, if his goal stood with the benefit of margins then we'd have been taking about the complete performance.

He's had a lot of shit hoyed his way considering he's not a LB

4 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Great to get the 3 points, but that was a shit show.

What I notice is that some of the players arent listening to the instructions from Howe. Ie. Often this season you can see Howe screaming to Gordon and try to get him to track back but he looks like not responding. Gordon has been one of our best players this season, imo before xmas he was tracking more back. The way Howe wants us to play(like we played last season) everyone has to be on board and work for each other, is he starting to loose some players? I cant see Bruno and Isak wanting to stay if we in the future play like we have done for most of this season. 

yeah he's losing some players! Christ man can't you see how hard the players are working? 7 out of 9 points with 10 players missing and you have tried to make it sound like Howe is loosing the players! Dear me!

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Did Bruno avoid a booking? 

Yup. Does that mean he's only one game away from avoiding his tenth yellow?

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If someone had said at 3-1 down against West Ham last week we would take 7 points from that, and the next two games everyone would have snapped their hand off. Fantastic return.

Snap dubravkas hands off will anyone notice? (I know he did well today, just a joke - it’s good for morale)

Third time we have beat Ful-Ham this season. Pretty much played out like the cup game this. Loads of possession for them but we end up winning because we have better individuals and a better manager. 6-0 on aggregate. They’re fuming. Caviar all owa the Thames.

Edited by Joelinton7

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Fucking massive result - Europe well within reach

Sorry mate you are wrong we are shite Howe should sacked and all the players are useless! you have to follow the forum narrative man!

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

I think one more to go yeah

Madness. Said it before but hopefully Howe can use this to show he doesn't need to be a mad man every week in future. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Shame on Fulham for not finding the net against us in three whole games. Desperate, that. :lol:

Feel like we always get a spawny win against them. 

12 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Great to get the 3 points, but that was a shit show.

What I notice is that some of the players arent listening to the instructions from Howe. Ie. Often this season you can see Howe screaming to Gordon and try to get him to track back but he looks like not responding. Gordon has been one of our best players this season, imo before xmas he was tracking more back. The way Howe wants us to play(like we played last season) everyone has to be on board and work for each other, is he starting to loose some players? I cant see Bruno and Isak wanting to stay if we in the future play like we have done for most of this season. 

Boring.

1 minute ago, Bondedcrown said:

Sorry mate you are wrong we are shite Howe should sacked and all the players are useless! you have to follow the forum narrative man!

Aye, add the fact that expanding SJP is a shit idea too cos the acoustics will be fucked, WiFi is shit and you can't get a hot dog 

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Kind of, difference has been when I've watched Man Utd they've gave away big chances.

That was more down to Fulham and their final ball decision making rather than good defending on our part, they were walking through us in the first half.