Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Someone obviously has too much time on their hands (the writer, not you Jack…)

In fairness I do have too much time on my hands

42 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Referencing football managers “scouting team” had me in stitches :lol:

Jokes on you pal.

Watched a documentary on how their whole scouting setup has expanded outside of gaming now.

A number of professional clubs now use and reference the data and information they collect as part of their recruitment process for players and staff.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Jokes on you pal.

Watched a documentary on how their whole scouting setup has expanded outside of gaming now.

A number of professional clubs now use and reference the data and information they collect as part of their recruitment process for players and staff.

Yeah they can do and say what they want, these people aren’t scouts they are fans of the club who watch the games and give ratings based on their own opinions. They are volunteers and not scouts. 

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah they can do and say what they want, these people aren’t scouts they are fans of the club who watch the games and give ratings based on their own opinions. They are volunteers and not scouts. 

Where do I sign up as volunteer?

Kelly has gone under the radar a bit, probably because clubs have been scared off by his injury record. If that's not an issue going forward, it seems like he could be a really top class signing for us.

8. Lloyd Kelly

Club: Bournemouth, Appearances: 23, Top speed: 35.42km/h

Having a player with multiple traits like versatility, strength and speed is always good and a blessing when he plays in the defense of your team. Lloyd Kelly was vitally important for Bournemouth’s survival aspirations this campaign as he moved across the backline performing multiple roles with merit. Nominally a center-back, the 24-year-old was tasked with playing left-back at times, a notion that doesn’t seem too fanciful when you look at his ‘top speed’ of 35.42km/h.

Ten fastest premier league defenders in 22/23. It will be nice not to see rw's blowing past Burn on the left wing. 

For those saying that he’s a good upgrade on Dummett, I think there’s a good chance that he is actually our starting LB for the majority of next season. He can do everything that Burn does there but is physically more effective (quicker) and he is not far off of Burns height either at 6’3. Tall for a LB, which is what Eddie has liked there so far.. the height is a huge advantage when shifting into that back 3.

10 minutes ago, Nine said:

For those saying that he’s a good upgrade on Dummett, I think there’s a good chance that he is actually our starting LB for the majority of next season. He can do everything that Burn does there but is physically more effective (quicker) and he is not far off of Burns height either at 6’3. Tall for a LB, which is what Eddie has liked there so far.. the height is a huge advantage when shifting into that back 3.

Of course he's our starting left back. It really suprises me to think that anyone thinks Howe will pick Hall over him.

Also I agree. He's basically an upgraded, younger version of Burn. This will allow our RB to play further up the pitch.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Yeah, he's not joined us as a sought after free agent with the level of experience and ability he has, to fill Dummet's role behind a teenage Lewis Hall. 

This will become far more apparent once people actually watch him play for Newcastle, as most have already stated they weren't that aware of him.

Apart from all the physical traits you mentioned, he does get forward pretty well, and puts in a decent cross. He is no slouch by any means in that department, and looks nothing like Burn does in those forward areas.

I still wonder if we might go three at the back a bit more. He'd be perfect on the left of a three and it would allow Tino and Newcastle United Fan Lewis Hall to just bomb forward with gay abandon.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

I still wonder if we might go three at the back a bit more. He'd be perfect on the left of a three and it would allow Tino and Newcastle United Fan Lewis Hall to just bomb forward with gay abandon.

Feels like tearing up the tactic book doesn't make a lot of sense. I would like to see us have that option though. Would be really handy to have a plan B. Especially away from etc.

15 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Aye, this. I was referring to this, not the Sky Sports News one.

really cant remember that!

can we get it back?

2 hours ago, Nine said:

In all fairness to burn he never gets injured so I genuinely don’t think Kelly will be starting for the majority of the season. Hope I’m wrong though - I just can’t see how we of all clubs will manage his poor injury record.

Think Kelly gets the regular nod over Burn eventually just down to age and the fact Kelly is a better athlete so think Kelly will be no1 LCB until Botman comes back. Then idk can LK play RCB? Really don’t want to stunt Hall’s growth. 

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Think Kelly gets the regular nod over Burn eventually just down to age and the fact Kelly is a better athlete so think Kelly will be no1 LCB until Botman comes back. Then idk can LK play RCB? Really don’t want to stunt Hall’s growth. 

I honestly don't know, I bet Howe will have them compete but Isn't Kelly more of a LCB in a back 3 or LB where as Dan Burn is a LCB in a back 4, back 3 and and LB? 

4 hours ago, Checko said:

Superb use of the term gay abandon. Bravo. 

By the way, from his interview, apparently Kelly had been talking to Callum Wilson about coming here.

I'm glad he didn't listen to anything he said, seeing as ITKs have told us Wilson has hated Eddie Howe and everything he stands for for at least a couple of months, now.

Just now, 80 said:

By the way, from his interview, apparently Kelly had been talking to Callum Wilson about coming here.

I'm glad he didn't listen to anything he said, seeing as ITKs have told us Wilson has hated Eddie Howe and everything he stands for for at least a couple of months, now.

Wilson didn't manage to say anything, he injured his mouth muscles while trying to in yet another one-off incident

3 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Wilson didn't manage to say anything, he injured his mouth muscles while trying to in yet another one-off incident

Ruptured cheek and torn larynx.

5 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Misinterpreted the grunts, makes sense :lol: