Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

The data doesn't seem to support your prediction, but happy to eat crow if it turns out to be the case

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 1.05.01 PM.png

I'm not sure what your data is showing? I'm not saying Lloyd Kelly is a better player than Hall, I'm saying he will start ahead of Hall.

Also, two seconds while I go and pull Gordon's Everton data out.... :lol:

Hall has unbelievable potential, but he's still a work in progress. Eddie won't be relying on him as a regular starter just yet.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'm not sure what your data is showing? I'm not saying Lloyd Kelly is a better player than Hall, I'm saying he will start ahead of Hall.

Also, two seconds while I go and pull Gordon's Everton data out.... :lol:

Hall has unbelievable potential, but he's still a work in progress. Eddie won't be relying on him as a regular starter just yet.

Here is Hall for comparison - not sure the unfinished product bit is all that relevant... Is Anthony Gordon, for example, a finished product?

Hall is Eddie fit, or near it at this point, and certainly will be more so than Kelly by next season's start - in addition to simply being the flat-out better fullback

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 1.11.00 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Here is Hall for comparison - not sure the unfinished product bit is all that relevant... Is Anthony Gordon, for example, a finished product?

Hall is Eddie fit, or near it at this point, and certainly will be more so than Kelly by next season's start - in addition to simply being the flat-out better fullback

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 1.11.00 PM.png

You don't need to convince me on Hall. You need to convince me that Eddie Howe won't value experience over youth.

My point about Gordon is that his stats were shocking, until Eddie got hold of him. Show me Kelly's stats in 6 months time and we will see what they look like.

I'm just surprised anyone thinks that Eddie is now "all in" on Hall after a, in fairness, very good spell. 

In order to aid Halls development he will be brought in and out of the team. Like every good manager does with youngsters.

It's about trust. Does Eddie Howe absolutely 100% trust Hall yet? We will see come August.

Just now, STM said:

You don't need to convince me on Hall. You need to convince me that Eddie Howe won't value experience over youth.

My point about Gordon is that his stats were shocking, until Eddie got hold of him. Show me Kelly's stats in 6 months time and we will see what they look like.

I'm just surprised anyone thinks that Eddie is now "all in" on Hall after a, in fairness, very good spell. 

In order to aid Halls development he will be brought in and out of the team. Like every good manager does with youngsters.

It's about trust. Does Eddie Howe absolutely 100% trust Hall yet? We will see come August.

No real disagreements here. We'll just have to see as you say. Although my wager would be he's higher up the totem pole as of now.

His pace and athleticism will be a big welcome. He brings something we dont have. A little bit like Willock, he will be quite unique in what he offers.

If we sign Kelly, I'd reckon our back 4 come the first game will be:

Trippier   Schar    Burn     Kelly

Perhaps by the end of the season we might see:

Tino     Schar     Botman     Hall

Of course I'd like to see us go big on another CB to compete with Schar but we will have to see what happens with our budget.

I'll be shocked - and pleased - if Hall is our starting LB from the beginning of the season. I've got the same working assumption; Kelly LB, Burn CB.

29 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'll be shocked - and pleased - if Hall is our starting LB from the beginning of the season. I've got the same working assumption; Kelly LB, Burn CB.

We're edging towards the point where we don't have a "starting" XI. and Kelly fits perfectly into that.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

We're edging towards the point where we don't have a "starting" XI. and Kelly fits perfectly into that.

We'll see... Although, ironically, a traditional first XI will be more effective than it was last season due to the lack of Europe.

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

We'll see... Although, ironically, a traditional first XI will be more effective than it was last season due to the lack of Europe.

I'm not so sure about that. The season we finished 4th we used the 2nd most amount of subs because of how(e) we play. More rotation (yes I think he would've rotated more had we not had the injuries/suspension) would benefit that.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm not so sure about that. The season we finished 4th we used the 2nd most amount of subs because of how(e) we play. More rotation (yes I think he would've rotated more had we not had the injuries/suspension) would benefit that.

He says he's a fan of settled back lines though. I'm not sure he'd want to be mucking about too much if we're just on a Saturday-Saturday schedule - if we have a strong start I could see him just wanting to stick with what he's got to let things gel, and I wouldn't blame him.

With Kelly's injury record, it might not be an eternity until Hall gets his turn, mind...

12 minutes ago, 80 said:

He says he's a fan of settled back lines though. I'm not sure he'd want to be mucking about too much if we're just on a Saturday-Saturday schedule - if we have a strong start I could see him just wanting to stick with what he's got to let things gel, and I wouldn't blame him.

With Kelly's injury record, it might not be an eternity until Hall gets his turn, mind...

Hall is behind a more often injured and older Targett now. I would think Hall is very likely to start w/ Kelly having to cover Burn too.

29 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'd hope he's learned through Trippier etc that the back line is more expansive. Centre halves maybe but the fullbacks aren't defenders when we have the ball anymore.

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Drooling at their description of his recovery pace. If that's an accurate assessment then I'd want him starting LCB with Schar at the beginning of the season. With Hall LB. That pace at centre back is an absolute no brainer upgrade. Obviously not considering any other defensive signings.