Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

From the Times would you be happy paying 37 million ?

Newcastle United are pushing ahead with their interest in the Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin as they seek to bolster their forward options.

There has been contact between the clubs with regard to the future of Calvert-Lewin, who has 12 months remaining on his contract and is not minded to sign an extension. Everton are seeking about £37million if they are to sell the striker.

Everton have offered a new deal to the 27-year-old, but the uncertainty over the ownership of the club means there is little incentive for the forward to put pen to paper.

If they are asking that much with only one year left on contract we definitely need to move on.

Much better value to be had elsewhere 

Just now, Shearergol said:

He didn’t, so was a terrible signing. Simple as that really.

You must concede the situation was desperate at the time though. Desperate times produce desperate measures.

3 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

We've reached the point where you can't criticise Chris Wood. Great stuff. 

Reached the point that people understand the situation you mean. Well most of us anyway 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Reached the point that people understand the situation you mean. Well most of us anyway 

Aye, we were desperate so signed a player who was poor for us. 

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

You must concede the situation was desperate at the time though. Desperate times produce desperate measures.

Not worth the effort mate. Same reason our top scorer started out his fingers in his ears to celebrate cos he only had 14 goals or something 

Just now, Weezertron said:

Aye, we were desperate so signed a player who was poor for us. 

Got most the money back so why constantly cry over it?

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Not sure anyones crying, like. 

It's almost daily telling people wood was shit man. He did a job, we got money back who fucking cares? Alan Smith cost us over £20m overall but wood gets mentioned as our worst signimg by simpletons

Wood was fine. We obviously weren't paying to his strengths but he held the ball up, brought others into play and led the line well. He didn't score much, but we also finished 4th and had 4th placed form for the half season after he first joined us. 

You could further argue (tongue firmly in cheek) that we then sold him and only finished 7th...

35 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just don’t get this one. Wilson out and DCL in is sideways or slightly backwards move. Unless we’re planning on bringing in a third striker. 

Agreed - what is the point swapping Wilson for DCL.  Would rather keep Wilson - when fit is more prolific.  I just can't wrap my head around this one - very underwhelming. 

Edited by duo

I understand the signing of Wood, in desperate times and all that. As well as getting some money back for him. Having said that, ha was quite bad even if not an awful signing in the end all things considered. 

Edited by Ikon

53 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye but your last paragraph has been debunked. 

He has been a very good player.

He played 38 games last season.

We've had a season of bad injuries, whether the club is culpable or not, do you not think they are trying to fix that or that they might know a touch more about sporting medicine that you? 

Everything we've seen this season suggests they are not the best at sports medicine. I know nothing about it, but having several hundred days of injuries more than anyone else really doesn't say we've got the best

Ok here's my final thoughts on what it still quietly to be transfer bollocks anyway. Our lot have heard on the wind that Everton will sell him on the cheap if the deal is done before the end of June, so the club has put in an offer. It'll be nowhere near the 35 million and is quite likely to be sub 20. As a sweetener for Everton they have offered Minteh on loan with a very low loan fee.  Meanwhile later in the window Wilson is sold for about 10 million. If it all works out it could be considered a win win win for the club.

They get a player who knows his place in the squad, while also offering something a bit different to the established number 1 striker.  A hot prospect gets Premier League minutes. The money from Wilson (and saved here) is used to get that top quality RW and RCB the club is look for.

Right that's enough fantasyland for me. I'm off Vampire hunting, as you all know the shortest night of the year are the safest for this.