Marc Guehi

gdm

5 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

I think a lot of supporters of other clubs haven’t yet come to terms that this isn’t Ashley era Newcastle anymore. Most of them probably can’t even remember a pre-Ashley Newcastle. 

They can’t be football fans if they’re aware only of what they’ve literally seen.  

59 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’s strange how big they think they are. Been to a few home games when they’ve played us and we were pretty shit at the time and, they thought they were the dogs bollocks in the away end.

They always seem to be a total nothing club to me apart from the occasional relegation they rarely seem to push past mid table at best or do anything particularly interesting.

Might be something to do with the fact I've yet to actually see us have decent game when they're involved. (Know we've had a few decent results but always missed them) my most consistent memory of any Palace game was when the whole crowd was so bored they resorted to making paper planes out of pepparami leaflets and trying to hit the pitch

52 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I like Palace, many fun away days, home fans pretty friendly, don’t know where this grief is coming from

They also suffered Pards so I sympathise there as well.

Yeah, they have that home ground rocking.

Easy for them to support the more glamorous London clubs.

A lot of hate stems from that Bin Salman banner.  Fair dues.

Guehi is a good player. A bit short, but he is fast and has a good technique. But 70m euros is madness. He is worth 40-45. And you must also buy a RW. Next year you will be again in great FFP trouble. 

Just now, jigen said:

Guehi is a good player. A bit short, but he is fast and has a good technique. But 70m euros is madness. He is worth 40-45. And you must also buy a RW. Next year you will be again in great FFP trouble. 

Are you here from the Minority Report people? 

1 minute ago, jigen said:

He's going to summon him isnt he

1 minute ago, jigen said:

40-45 gets you someone like Thiaw, who might be talented but is less of a sure thing.

12 minutes ago, jigen said:

Come back next Jun. I think you are right but sanity is not welcomed at this moment, when most of the people just want a marque signing to improve the team in a short run

This is a huge gamble, like it or not

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Come back next Jun. I think you are right but sanity is not welcomed at this moment, when most of the people just want a marque signing to improve the team in a short run

This is a huge gamble, like it or not

Just shows how different the view of a gamble can be. Guehi is about the most proven CB we could possibly buy, but he’s expensive so he’s a gamble. Other CBs are cheaper but are a gamble because we don’t know they’ll be class in the PL. It’s all about opinions. 

A song. A good (ish) song is what we need to seal the deal. 

Sing if you're glad to have Guehi 
Sing for the lads, Howay!  

To tune of Glad to be Gay, Tom Robinson Band. 

It’s a deal-sealing banger. Amirite? :)

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just shows how different the view of a gamble can be. Guehi is about the most proven CB we could possibly buy, but he’s expensive so he’s a gamble. Other CBs are cheaper but are a gamble because we don’t know they’ll be class in the PL. It’s all about opinions. 

True that.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I agree,  it should also be noted that those saying Guehi is bad for PSR are the same saying we should buy a marquee RW. I guess it's really about opinions hey.

27 minutes ago, jigen said:

Nobody is taking you seriously at this point. Over played your hand I feel 

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

A song. A good (ish) song is what we need to seal the deal. 

To tune of Glad to be Gay, Tom Robinson Band. 

It’s a deal-sealing banger. Amirite? :)

Think it’s pretty clear it will be this if he signs…

“You to me are everything you make the Geordies want to sing, Marc Guehi, Marc Guehi”

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

“You to me are everything you make the Geordies want to sing, Marc Guehi, Marc Guehi”

Michael Scott No GIF

I still can’t believe there wasn’t a Ginola song to the tune of Gloria by Van Morrison. Missed opportunity that one. 

It's only a gamble at the absolute baseline level, in the same way that literally any signing (which costs a fair whack) is a 'gamble' - because your investment choices are so crucial in this day and age. And any signing at all has the capacity to go wrong. 

But beyond that it's as low risk as you can get. You're getting proven quality that is as likely to improve and increase in value as any. 

The CB position is approaching a tipping point with Schar, Lascelles and Burn all approaching their twilight years, so I can understand the decision to invest heavily in that area. It's also a really, really important position in terms of delivering your long-term vision (more important than RW), so, if the opportunity is there, I can understand trying to grasp it from that point of view as well.

If you're worried about the expense then I'd say think of it as investing in the position rather than an individual- because Kelly goes some way to offsetting.

I get the temptation to go big on a RW but it definitely isn't as sensitive an issue imo. 

To you I guess we're just the crowd, that picks you up each time you're down Marc Guehi, Marc Guehi 

Just now, 1964 said:

To you I guess we're just the crowd, that picks you up each time you're down Marc Guehi, Marc Guehi 

Hope we dont fucking sign him now