Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, black_n_white said:

This could drag on for some time yet, palace have no reason to sell.

Apart from his being worth significantly less next summer?

Probably their last window to get maximum £ for him and it appears they’ve already signed Guehi’s replacement. 

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Guehi and a young backup forward is definitely a step in the right direction, but it's mad how long we've needed to upgrade that right forward position for.

As I've said elsewhere I think it'll depend in sales or a favourable loan to buy option.

Thankfully we don't struggle to score goals.

No i think we’ll score goals and if we sign Guehi then that’ll firm the defence up particularly with Pope back. Big games I still think we’ll struggle to edge things at time with the likes of Murphy and Almiron but if we don’t have the ability to bring a RW in then finances clearly are very tight, far tighter than we’d like. When did we last sign a RW ffs? 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

You'd think we hadn't just gone through a massive issue with PSR.

Yep.  Without all of that, there’d be no ‘pissing about’ - we’d be running around overpaying just to get shit sorted quickly.  ‘You want £65m?  Oh, I getcha.  Here’s £70m.  Keep the change’

image.png.a7ec3f8349014696cb08435ac32106c2.png

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Twitter meltdown will be something when he plays in Palace's friendly tomorrow.

Won't just be on there, it'll be on here too, screws will be let loose and fired in all directions.

Palace probably holding out for a bit to see if anyone else came in for him. We're probably not willing to meet the £65m. Reckon it gets sorted next week somewhere in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Palace probably holding out for a bit to see if anyone else came in for him. We're probably not willing to meet the £65m. Reckon it gets sorted next week somewhere in the middle. 

Agreed then we’ll look at some kind of deal including loan option for a RW before the window ends.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not really a deal that makes much sense for Chelsea, not that it usually stops them.

Plus he's already managed to escape from that fucking borstal of a club once before, can't see him wanting to back there in a hurry. Not if he's got any sense anyway

For once, I’d be confident we’d get a player ahead of Chelsea.  That club is a mess - and Guehi’s visibility and reputation is growing.  The last thing he needs is to enter a chaotic environment where he might find himself benched for the next couple of seasons.  

The DeLigt transfer only went through today after how many weeks?

Just need to let this one play out whichever way it ends up. Sure we'll have back up options if it goes left.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The DeLigt transfer only went through today after how many weeks?

Just need to let this one play out whichever way it ends up. Sure we'll have back up options if it goes left.

We've only 3 weeks though. Need to make a decision to go for it or move on soon. 

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

We've only 3 weeks though. Need to make a decision to go for it or move on soon. 

Yeah, hopefully find out either way this week now.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

It’ll get done but I’m just bored of it and the whole window. 

Don't think its been too bad. Been going a week with minimal noise for such a high profile deal.

I must admit, every time I'm seeing us linked with any player over £30m now I'm getting twitchy about whether we'll get stung by the wanky PSR/FFP bollocks again at some point in the future and whether it's going to be worth it - bloody ridiculous way to be having to think.

5 minutes ago, NSG said:

Reckon we’ll get him for about £60m and also get Madueke on loan with an obligation for next summer.

Would take that. Has been a slow burner this window like.

He looks like he would fit this team perfectly, can ping a ball as well. Not bothered if 65m, let the accountants worry about it. Strong defence enables those in front