Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Henry Winter is alright, never thought he had anything against us, unlike a lot of his mates.

I read his last ridiculously negative column about us pre season, and changed my mind on him.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Henry Winter is alright, never thought he had anything against us, unlike a lot of his mates.

Aye, he’s signed up to do Newcastle podcasts with true faith 

Finding myself caring extremely little about whether we get him or not. If we do, fine. If we don't then :dontknow:We'll manage without him too. Maybe come back next summer if he hasn't signed a new contract.

Plenty of talent out there. A younger understudy to Schar with higher potential wouldn't be bad either.

After watching that Parish interview I feel it may be close, like some have said feels like it’s more structural. 
feeling more relaxed about the whole thing, maybe it’s because the season has started.  Think we will do some business in any event 

Only watched half the interview. But feel more positive about a deal than before. 

Looked to be lying or yet again trying to drum up interest. Mentioning speaking to ‘other people’ and other clubs expressing interest. 

they’ve made him captain :lol:

furthermore they’ve took it off Andersen which suggests he’s going 

Edited by gdm

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Can’t help but feel we miss Mandy in these negotiations. Yes Mitchell, Eales etc are experienced in these matters but she was special. 

Seems like Mitchell is quite close to Parish tbf, it's probably more of a help than a hindrance for this particular deal.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

In his last interview, Parish said Guehi is the more likely of the two to go.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Seems like Mitchell is quite close to Parish tbf, it's probably more of a help than a hindrance for this particular deal.

Well of course it’s a help, just wish Mandy was there as well. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

In his last interview, Parish said Guehi is the more likely of the two to go.

Tbf Guehi was the captain for last game of season last season so no big deal 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Joel Ward is club captain, Guehi is vice captain. They haven’t taken it off Andersen. Last time Guehi and Andersen played together last game of last season, Guehi was captain. 

Edited by Joelinton7

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Joel Ward is club captain, Guehi is vice captain. They haven’t taken it off Andersen. Last time Guehi and Andersen played together last game of last season, Guehi was captain. 

I just said that but cheers 

Edited by gdm

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Why change the thread title all the time. Nothings changed really. 

Get over it :lol: Just a thread title man!

Also I hope we'll now throw in a £65m with 5 in add-ons offer as expected. Anything over would be canny nuts you'd imagine

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Spot on - I know him. He absolutely gets Newcastle as a city and a club and likes both personally. 

Just now, Theregulars said:

Spot on - I know him. He absolutely gets Newcastle as a city and a club and likes both personally. 

Did he once lose a bet and swim the Tyne ?

5 minutes ago, Willow said:

Get over it :lol: Just a thread title man!

Also I hope we'll now throw in a £65m with 5 in add-ons offer as expected. Anything over would be canny nuts you'd imagine

“Get over it” :lol: 

Not sure what made you believe it’s any sort of deal whatsoever to me. Not like I’m running around being furious :lol: Don’t worry, I won’t lose any sleep over it.  People are over sensitive about non things on here at times. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Correction to what I previously said about a negative article - it was Martin Hardy and I've mixed them up.