Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Should be over one way or another this week at least. Personally think we get him and that’s us done for the window.

I think its him and someone on loan with obligation or a surprise target if pieces fall the right way. 

Will depend if any of our other top CB targets are available and if we want to go lower down our list or just wait for another window. 

Wasn't there talk of a Chelsea clause coming into effect after the first game of the season? That would make any deal look even less appealing. Think we'll look elsewhere. Hope so too for the fee mentioned.

It’s kinda of strange though, in that article from Waugh all of the alternatives also were PL based. Mitchell’s reputation at Monaco was based upon trimming the wage bill and bringing through talents so it’s quite surprising to me we are after such players. 

That’s of course unless we intend to ship out someone Schar maybe? 

8 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Wasn't there talk of a Chelsea clause coming into effect after the first game of the season? That would make any deal look even less appealing. Think we'll look elsewhere. Hope so too for the fee mentioned.

that’s what shadow puppet said, which I thought would means the end of this deal.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s kinda of strange though, in that article from Waugh all of the alternatives also were PL based. Mitchell’s reputation at Monaco was based upon trimming the wage bill and bringing through talents so it’s quite surprising to me we are after such players. 

that’s why I said it’s Howe who is pushing the deal. 

Just now, Zero said:

that’s why I said it’s Howe who is pushing the deal. 

We don’t know this and I’d rather not assume. We know that plurality will be needed to go forward so we shouldn’t just say it’s x pushing. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

We don’t know this and I’d rather not assume. We know that plurality will be needed to go forward so we shouldn’t just say it’s x pushing. 

you can say so. I just think as the one who knows the squad best at this moment, Howe has the right to push for the deal and Mitchell gotta respect this. I ain’t blaming Howe for the pushing.

22 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Yeah, that’s what I was told. I was expecting us, based on that info, to have gone all out to tie up the deal before Palace’s game 🤷‍♂️

That info came from a fairly well known agent by the way, whereas the info about how keen he is to join and how he expected the deal to be done imminently came from much much closer to home. (And as of Saturday they still expect it to get done)

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah, that’s what I was told. I was expecting us, based on that info, to have gone all out to tie up the deal before Palace’s game 🤷‍♂️

That info came from a fairly well known agent by the way, whereas the info about how keen he is to join and how he expected the deal to be done imminently came from much much closer to home. (And as of Saturday they still expect it to get done)

Thanks for the info as always. Will be interesting to see what happens. I still think it might happen based on absolutely nothing other than gut instinct and snippets of info such as from yourself 😂 I think there’ll be a few outings maybe Trippier and that will mean we bring a RW in. I think it’s about to get very hectic.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

23 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

A lot of talk that the targets for this window where already decided and Mitchell’s appointment wouldn’t change that. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

A lot of talk that the targets for this window were already decided and Mitchell’s appointment wouldn’t change that. 

I took that one with a pinch of salt tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Is this the sell on clause? 

Seems mental for Palace to allow that if they actually want to sell as don’t see that his value ever being this high again (post Euros, perfect age, media hype). 

I feel their preference would be that he signs a new deal with a buy out clause / gentleman’s agreement that he can go next summer. But if they have a poor season that’s still a gamble. Plus it looks like Guehi has no intention of signing a new deal at the moment. 

I’d still like him here, think the deal has a combination of being a statement (young England player, just had a great Euros) and has a lot of quality about him even if he didn’t have the greatest game yesterday.

People get caught up in a binary player good vs player bad mentality. I think he’d great here and I’m sure the recruitment and coaching team have thought about how he compliments our style. Plus Howe has shown he can improve most players if they are fully bought in. 

I’m resigned to this transfer not happening now, and at this point, despite being a fan, rather it didn’t how it’s gone.

Just got to hope the back up option turns out to be a gem and we don’t look back.

I’m the opposite, I’m resigned to it happening and I’m not that happy about it given how much it’s going to cost and what that means for us strengthening in other areas 

Just now, Sibierski said:

I’m resigned to this transfer not happening now, and at this point, despite being a fan, rather it didn’t how it’s gone.

Just got to hope the back up option turns out to be a gem and we don’t look back.

It certainly hasn’t played out how they usually do but both Caulkin and Douglas have said club would dispute how many bids there’ve been. All the noise seems to have come from the Palace end.