Marc Guehi

gdm

19 minutes ago, Erikse said:

What's with the Gomez hate? Are we back into thinking that we should only sign "elite" players with the 7th highest income in the league and barely any sellable assets? I don't even know that much about Gomez, but I know enough to tell that we would be much better off playing him than Krafth. Which is where we are at when Schär is out injured or suspended. I thought Liverpool fans kind of liked Gomez. Not even saying we have to sign him, I just don't see why it would be so horrible.

one word answer: Liverpool 

I personally think Gomez would be a good addition given his versatility. He seems to be good on the ball and fast as well

Edited by kenlau88210

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Overpriced, injury prone and we would be helping out a club we are trying to catch. 

Allright. With transfers, the buying club is allways helping the selling club? There is something in it for both most of the time.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, kenlau88210 said:

one word answer: Liverpool 

I personally think Gomez would be a good addition given his versatility. He seems to be good on the ball and fast as well

Agree but I hope we don’t buy him, just because of the reaction. 

I guess we’ll want someone younger anyway. Seems like we’re doing for a no-doubt signing in Guehi, so it would be clearly a step down. 

Strangely several clubs has been tranfering players between each other despite not being in a different league or on a completely different level in the league.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's a backup at a club above us and so tthat means we will never catch-up, apparently.

I'm not even sure on him myself, and yet this kind of thinking pains me.

Right up there with how we will never progress signing players from clubs like Bournemouth, when we picked up Kelly.

If it enables Liverpool to sign Guehi instead of us then it puts us a step back in catching up to them. We'd be far better off just giving Palace the asking fee, at least that way we would be buying best in class, assuming that is how we view him.

That said, I'm not sure he even wants to come here. I think this might turn out to be another Tosin move where "bigger clubs" are using us to set the price before moving in for a bit lesser fee.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Allright. So if we sell Gordon to Liverpool, that means they will be helping us out? With transfers, the buying club is helping the selling club? There is something in it for both most of the time.

You are bang on. I've seen a high number of posts in here that say something along the lines of if we can't sign a world class talent at RW, we should hold out until next summer. People seem to genuinely believe the only way to improve the squad is to bring in a Raphinha or Olise. Strange entitlement for a club that was on the verge of relegation some months ago.

Cartel 6 clubs have been consistently making sub-20m signings window after window, as well as sub-30m and sub-40m signings. The notion that Guehi, whose fair market value is probably half of what Palace are asking, is the only way to improve our starting xi is frankly madness. Is no one scratching their head at the fact that we are, effectively, the sole bidders for this superstar talent? He would improve our squad, and I would be excited for him to join, but the club's transfer policy has frankly confused me.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I still believe. 

Maybe if a few more people around here believed too it would happen, but no, you'd all rather Tinkerbell died and the world burns.

3 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

You are bang on. I've seen a high number of posts in here that say something along the lines of if we can't sign a world class talent at RW, we should hold out until next summer. People seem to genuinely believe the only way to improve the squad is to bring in a Raphinha or Olise. Strange entitlement for a club that was on the verge of relegation some months ago.

Cartel 6 clubs have been consistently making sub-20m signings window after window, as well as sub-30m and sub-40m signings. The notion that Guehi, whose fair market value is probably half of what Palace are asking, is the only way to improve our starting xi is frankly madness. Is no one scratching their head at the fact that we are, effectively, the sole bidders for this superstar talent? He would improve our squad, and I would be excited for him to join, but the club's transfer policy has frankly confused me.

We can’t work out if we’re the only people interested in Guehi or he’s definitely going to Liverpool. People have gone bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I mean the example he gave of Gordon going and them doing us a favour is a shocking one. Them signing one of our best players does us no favours at all. Us signing a player they don’t want for big money helps them.

2 minutes ago, BottledDog said:

I still believe. 

Maybe if a few more people around here believed too it would happen, but no, you'd all rather Tinkerbell died and the world burns.

No mate the windows closed we managed to sign Lee Trundle and sold all of our class players. Eddie’s fucked off to England and PIF have bought the Mackems. The club is broken and everything is bad forever. No idea if any of this is true like, just a feeling. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We can’t work out if we’re the only people interested in Guehi or he’s definitely going to Liverpool. People have gone bonkers. 

You think Palace wouldn't leak to the public if there were other interested bidders? Same way they've been leaking our interest, bid-by-bid, the past three weeks?

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

You think Palace wouldn't leak to the public if there were other interested bidders? Same way they've been leaking our interest, bid-by-bid, the past three weeks?

Well Liverpool have been ‘linked’, whatever that means. 

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's a backup at a club above us and so tthat means we will never catch-up, apparently.

I'm not even sure on him myself, and yet this kind of thinking pains me.

Right up there with how we will never progress signing players from clubs like Bournemouth, when we picked up Kelly.

I just think he's looked rubbish every time I've seen him play, especially for England (but I try not to judge players on playing under Southgate).

Even my father-in-law, who thinks that every single Liverpool player (particularly English ones) are the greatest players ever to play the game, doesn't rate him.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I mean the example he gave of Gordon going and them doing us a favour is a shocking one. Them signing one of our best players does us no favours at all. Us signing a player they don’t want for big money helps them.

Ofcourse, that's why I removed it right after posting. But it doesn't change the point. If he does well, that effectively means that Liverpool helped us aswell by selling him to us? Why can't it be both ways? Feel free to argue against my actual point if you think that it's not valid.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well Liverpool have been ‘linked’, whatever that means. 

Yes you're right. Its all very vague. Whatever we do, I hope we'll take a definitive stance one way or another in the coming days. Maddening watching us being toyed with by a mid-table side.

If Liverpool pay less than we are offered, then there is something really rotten about how we were treated. :thup: 

Otherwise, i'm 100% supportive of buying abroad to spite and not fund the dealings of clubs with chairmen/owners who complained about us being taken over enough to slow it down, then created bullshit anti-competitive measures to limit our growth, and further continue to "tax" us for no apparent reason. All the while, we play nice because we have to.

Fuck them. I hope our players absolutely get into all of them on the pitch too - More Big Jow and BDB clattering. I'm sick of us walking on egg shells tbh. Fucking get into their faces. 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I think he's a decent enough utility defender, but just out of interest, how would you feel if we bought him, then Liverpool used that money to buy Guehi?

It's not the end of the world lad. plus I'd be expecting gomes to be a lot cheaper. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

40 million they want apparently. 

That's a better deal for us. 

Means we can go and get a right winger with the spare money we'd of had to pay for guehi.