Marc Guehi

gdm

First leaks of who’s to blame. I’m shocked. 

Mitchell for me, will want to bring in players that can have profit. If Howe is saying this or no-one, it’s drawing an early battle between the two and club will have to back one long term.

51 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

After the Hall and Osulu transfers in July, and our failure to sell anyone, I’m struggling to see where the numbers to buy more come from - I still think that Guehi is one of those where because of his quality, the club would sign him now and claw back money later - either in Jan or June.  Our amortised transfers and salaries are pretty much at 100% of projected income.  We haven’t done anything commercially significant this summer. 

Where did our bids for Guehi come from, then? Did we make bids that we couldn't afford?

Edit: I read something else that what you were typing, sorry. But it does beg the question as to why we didn't find any other options that were worth clawing back money on, if Guehi for that price was.

Edited by Erikse

I’m a big fan of Guehi, but I can accept club drawing a line at the fee getting close to £70m, as he’s not some god tier talent that’s unattainable elsewhere.

Just not having no other back up options, is criminal when we’re playing Krafth ffs.

24 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm considered a happy clapper by my mates because I've always defended the club and Howe (still do defend him)

However, there's not a chance I can defend this window, it's farcical 

It would have been quite average even if we managed to sign Guehi but not signing him and an RW is ridiculous 

I'll quickly get over it and still think we have plenty to be optimistic about but anyone describing this window as anything other than a farce has to be a sarnie short of a picnic 

I totally get this opinion. However…

Would you rather back EH & the current squad during a season without European distractions and get the RCB & RW we WANT next summer without selling Bruno/Isak/Gordon and hope we get top 4-6.

Or…

Would you want that RCB & RW this summer and have a greater chance of making top 4 and winning a cup you’d think BUT regardless if you do achieve it or you don’t you MUST lose two of Bruno/Isak/Gordon to pay for them albeit 12 months down the line so possibly being even worse off?

That is the possible dilemma this window seems to be posing that not enough on here are understanding. Transformative can be achieved in so many ways. Don’t equate it only to spending big this window like most of you are.

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

I’m a big fan of Guehi, but I can accept club drawing a line at the fee getting close to £70m, as he’s not some god tier talent that’s unattainable elsewhere.

Just not having no other back up options, is criminal when we’re playing Krafth ffs.

image.png.d95837f6d04fe9a37e3131123a625342.png

Just now, LFEE said:

Would you rather back EH & the current squad during a season without European distractions and get the RCB & RW we WANT next summer without selling Bruno/Isak/Gordon.

Or…

Would you want that RCB & RW this summer and have a greater chance of making top 4 and winning a cup you’d think BUT regardless if you do achieve it or you don’t you MUST lose two of Bruno/Isak/Gordon to pay for them albeit 12 months down the line so possibly being even worse off?

That is the possible dilemma this window seems to be posing that not enough on here are understanding. Transformative can be achieved in so many ways. Don’t equate it only to spending big this window like most of you are.

I mean if you're going to guarantee that, then sure. Chances are massively reduced by finishing 8th though.

7 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

First leaks of who’s to blame. I’m shocked. 

Mitchell for me, will want to bring in players that can have profit. If Howe is saying this or no-one, it’s drawing an early battle between the two and club will have to back one long term.

Surly backing Mitchell? 

Cant see this work at all. Im sorry, I would replace Howe with another manager that can work worh Mitchell.

Not sure Howe has what it takes anymore to be elite either. Thanks, but its time to move on.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Who knows what’s gone on but it’ll eventually come out if there has been an issue. Worse case scenario Howe decides he doesn’t have enough control and does the off to England. Let’s just see how this plays out though. 

At least he'll get his one time wish of managing Marc Guehi then.

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Yeah as I mentioned somewhere else, they’ve stepped away from deals before when the price is too high. I have no issue with them doing that but less than 48hrs before the window ends with no obvious back up that we know of yet is ridiculous. Who knows what’s happened, was someone saying “let’s move on” the other saying “keep pushing for him”

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah as I mentioned somewhere else, they’ve stepped away from deals before when the price is too high. I have no issue with them doing that but less than 48hrs before the window ends with no obvious back up that we know of yet is ridiculous.

Its even more ridiculous if it was Guehi or none. Looking at how this has been going, it makes sense..

1 minute ago, ATB said:

Surly backing Mitchell? 

Cant see this work at all. Im sorry, I would replace Howe with another manager that can work worh Mitchell.

Not sure Howe has what it takes anymore to be elite either. Thanks, but its time to move on.

Honestly some people need to switch off and have a lie down.

Yeah let’s sack the manager as he asked for a certain defender who ended up being too expensive.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Would you rather back EH & the current squad during a season without European distractions and get the RCB & RW we WANT next summer without selling Bruno/Isak/Gordon and hope we get top 4-6.

Or…

I personally would've rather bitten the bullet and sold just 1 of those 3, probably Gordon, and refreshed the team with the money from his sale rather than have the window we're currently having. As Isak is irreplaceable for me as is Bruno's character (and that we are incapable of winning matches without him even against the most rancid opposition).

Regardless of that, we've been bidding for/chasing Guehi for the better part of a month so we have money to spend. If its true that we think Guehi and Guehi only can improve this team for £65m, it's an absolute joke.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Who knows what’s gone on but it’ll eventually come out if there has been an issue. Worse case scenario Howe decides he doesn’t have enough control and does the off to England. Let’s just see how this plays out though. 

I’d be more confident of Howe staying than Mitchell if it was one or the other who was chopped in near future due to tensions. Howe effectively would need to be languishing mid table to be under threat, as owners not stupid IMO and know how much backing Howe has and that goes a long way to keeping eyes off ownership. 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Or…

I think the fact our season hopes come down to whether we get one specific footballer is mental like. It’s Marc Guehi ffs not mbappe