Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Nothing to do with the source. We have a day left of the window and we haven’t signed a CB. It’s the only theory that works. [emoji38]

You were backing it before, giving it the, he knows people within the club bla, bla,

Now you're saying the source doesn't matter, make your mind up? 

There's 24hrs, it could be dead, it might not be, I'm not buying the speculation, and the stubborn Howe, the now imaginary stand off between manager and Sporting director, its pathetic, Howe is a diplomatic type, a top guy, there's no way he's arguing or being stubborn, if anything Howe wants his top target, and Mitchel wants to deliver what he wants, I'd say they're working together and it's been really challenging, I know the fanbase will be pissed there's no new major signing, but let's save the full meltdown for tomorrow at midnight.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

You were backing it before, giving it the, he knows people within the club bla, bla,

There's 24hrs, it could be dead, it might not be, I'm not buying the speculation, and the stubborn Howe, the now imaginary stand off between manager and Sporting director, its pathetic, Howe is a diplomatic type, a top guy, there's no way he's arguing or being stubborn, if anything Howe wants his top target, and Mitchel wants to deliver what he wants, I'd say they're working together and it's been really challenging, I know the fanbase will be pissed there's no new major signing, but let's save the full meltdown for tomorrow at midnight.

I’d back Howe over anyone currently at the club, but the interview in Germany re Mitchell did feel like a dummy spit.  Pretty much the only time I’ve seen the otherwise media-savvy hyper professional How drop his guard

The source is completely irrelevant at this point. But yes, I don’t think Hope is fabricating. I think he gets the vast majority of his insights from someone within the club. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d back Howe over anyone currently at the club, but the interview in Germany re Mitchell did feel like a dummy spit.  Pretty much the only time I’ve seen the otherwise media-savvy hyper professional How drop his guard

If there's a problem getting in a CB when you've got £70m to throw at it then someone needs to get the blame. Mitchell was hired for just that job, that means either he's shit at it, or Howe has put the blocks on his alternatives.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

If there's a problem getting in a CB when you've got £70m to throw at it then someone needs to get the blame. Mitchell was hired for just that job, that means either he's shit at it, or Howe has put the blocks on his alternatives.

I agree, and I’ve already wrote it but my suspicion is that if we end the window empty-handed that all parties at the club will start leaking furiously to the press to apportion blame. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We never recovered from the Liverpool home loss last season. 

If you looked at the results after I wouldn't say it was that. Me and my infinite wisdom would pinpoint it unravelling either when Isak got injured and went off at home to Dortmund or when Pope went off injured against Man Utd at home.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Keith hasn't made the claims Hope has made, causing pure conjecture across Twitter and sadly here, where you'd expect a slightly more grown up take?

He has, I just watched him say it on his YouTube channel today. 

Reiterating that the pool is small and it's very likely to be no alternatives because Howe doesn't want to buy for the sake of it. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We never recovered from the Liverpool home loss last season. 

We did actually recover and recovered really well. Nervy against Brentford at home but then saw off Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U at home, playing the latter two off the pitch. The 1-0 at home to Man U was one of the best displays of the season, and it got us up to fifth.  All this whilst playing some juggernaut CL matches with the same XI and not a bench to call upon. 

Pope's injury was the tipping point - the squad just was completely spent over Christmas. 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He has, I just watched him say it on his YouTube channel today. 

Reiterating that the pool is small and it's very likely to be no alternatives because Howe doesn't want to buy for the sake of it. 

He never really cut as deep as Hope is trying.

Keithis just really adding to what we all know, none of us can be sure, but Eddie Howe doesn't for one minute strike me as a guy who's stubborn, throws his toys out of the pram or put his foot down, they all (collaborating) desperately want this player for it to have gone to the wire, Hope is a cunt for trying to paint Howe as the problem if we get nobody, that's all I'm saying.