The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

3 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Pistone in the cup final. Was usually at best a 1/10 but the cup final he gets 0/10

Picked at right back ahead of Steve Watson. Mental. 

I seem to have a vague recollection of all of those January signings under Souness (Boumsong, Babayaro, Faye) starting off okay, before all becoming utterly shit? We did beat Chelsea and Spurs on the way to the cup semi, Babayaro even scored in that cup run. 

Worst player out of position was definitely Shola on the left wing for me.

I mean he was shit enough as a striker, but to put him on the wing was just a crime against nature. At least up front his height and lumbering stature were a benefit, despite his inability to actually play football.

8 hours ago, Earp said:

Mark Stimson - blond bombshell at left back. Utter shite.

has always been a byword for shite in my mind after he scored an own goal with the last touch of the first game i went to:

https://toon1892.com/detail_match.php?ul=gb&id=4418

i was a kid at the time and this was the only time i saw him play, so i'd occasionally wonder if my memory was being unfair, so in that regard it's nice to have someone confirm he was shite haha

6 hours ago, enthusiast said:

has always been a byword for shite in my mind after he scored an own goal with the last touch of the first game i went to:

https://toon1892.com/detail_match.php?ul=gb&id=4418

i was a kid at the time and this was the only time i saw him play, so i'd occasionally wonder if my memory was being unfair, so in that regard it's nice to have someone confirm he was shite haha

Similar memories here. Kevin Dillon was another boo boy but I think he was from Sunderland which may have contributed to his lack of popularity. 

I'm not sure if this is wildly unfair, and I can't remember the exact games, but there were a couple of Sylvain Marveaux performances that left me raging. So lightweight and scared looking. 

Very tempting also to suggest everyone who played in the aggregate 11-1 defeats to Man Utd in 2007/08. Had the misfortune of watching at least one of them in a pub and we were fucking hopeless to a man.

Team from the 1-5:

Newcastle: Given (Harper 46), Beye, Taylor, Faye, N'Zogbia, Milner (Geremi 84), Butt, Barton (Carroll 61), Duff, Smith, Owen.

Subs Not Used: Cacapa, Ameobi.

New to this thread and have lazily not looked at all of the replies.

I'd be gobsmacked if nobody has mentioned Kenedy against Cardiff. And even if they have he deserves another mention. Utter dogshit.

Edit: Just seen the first reply :lol: 

Edited by ads

My worst NUFC player XI

Sels

Yedlin? Cacapa Boumsong Serrant

Fumaca

Maric                     Smith

Riviere                         S. De Jong

Guivarch

Subs: Hooper, Marcelino, Ramage, Thauvin, Bassedas, Luque, Xisco

Probably missed loads, but these are based on memories of just hopeless performances

Edited by AJ9
For some reason I put in Hamilton instead of Carl Serrant!

13 hours ago, Novocastrian said:

The worst player I’ve ever seen in professional football was Paul Dalglish, not sure if a single performance stood out  but the lad couldn’t play for toffee.

Scored the winner at my first ever away game, leave the lad alone. 

3 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

My worst NUFC player XI

Sels

Yedlin? Cacapa Boumsong Hamilton

Fumaca

Guivarch

Probably missed loads, but these are based on memories of just hopeless performances

Was Marcelino actually crap, or just injury prone?

20 hours ago, TRon said:

Jack Carlton brought in two big fellas up front when he wanted to go Aces High as the Chronicle memorably called it. I think one was called Tony Cunningham and the the other was George Reilly? Both were absolute shit, and we made Waddle and Beardsely play deeper to accomodate them.

Tony Cunningham wasn't great, but he was a grafter. As for Mavis - he did OK I guess. That winner v Liverpool.

13 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

My worst NUFC player XI

Sels

Yedlin? Cacapa Boumsong Hamilton

Fumaca

Guivarch

You trying to drive clicks with the Yedlin shout?

53 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You trying to drive clicks with the Yedlin shout?

Maybe, I thought he was turd like. I suppose in the list of out and out right backs I would say he was worse than the majority for me.

Question marked because I had a bit of a freeze thinking of godawful right backs. Carr? I couldn’t think of too many tbh for that position, but my memory is pretty awful these days