League Cup 2nd Round Draw - Nottingham Forest (a)

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

Assume we have to go strong. Deep progression in the cups is probably a mandatory factor in Howe keeping his job tbh. 

I think the league is the only thing that will really count on that one.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

So much for the pre match thread at the bottom of the home page. :hmm:

It was still the right thing to do. Only dead fish go with the flow.

17 minutes ago, 80 said:

I think the league is the only thing that will really count on that one.

None of us know tbh. 

I'd like to think they've had frank discussions about what's expected cup-wise for this season. 

On 27/08/2024 at 09:29, kingxlnc said:

Isak should not start

Keep him safe for Spurs

Would rather rest Isak vs Spurs and actually have a crack at a trophy

Didn't we spend the Ashley years railing against his shit attitudes to the cups?  Or did we win loads of trophies and so we can write the League Cup off now?

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Would rather rest Isak vs Spurs and actually have a crack at a trophy

Didn't we spend the Ashley years railing against his shit attitudes to the cups?  Or did we win loads of trophies and so we can write the League Cup off now?

Go for the FA cup, not the league cup. I will probably never completely understand you lads and getting any silverware but I think I might slightly understand since my NFL team won a single trophy 53 years ago and I did watch it and it wasn't the big one.

Edited by McDog

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Go for the FA cup, not the league cup. I will probably never completely understand you lads and getting any silverware but I think I might slightly understand since my NFL team won a single trophy 53 years ago and I did watch it and it wasn't the big one.

We haven’t won a domestic trophy in my lifetime - and I’m fed up with that being the case.  Trophies live in the memory and are what the game is about - honestly, who’ll likely remember a run of the mill league match against Spurs many moons from now?

A Trophy is a Trophy and the League Cup is easier to win than the FA Cup - much rather we just go all guns blazing for the LC and play the kids in the FAC. Once we've ended our trophy drought we can start focusing on winning the "better" trophies.

Edited by Kaizero

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

I've just remembered that the European clubs can't draw each other in the next round which is an utter disgrace!

It's a joke, I think it gives us a 22.5% chance of drawing one of them in the next round if we were to go through.

Judging by our luck over the last 12 months, more a 100% chance!

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

It's a joke, I think it gives us a 22.5% chance of drawing one of them in the next round if we were to go through.

Ha ha 100% it'll be Man City away if we win!

12 minutes ago, Vaj said:

That would have been the % chance anyway before the rule change (7 out of 31), would it not?

If anything the chances are now (slightly?) higher given they can’t draw each other, but I’m nowhere near clever enough to work out by how much?

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

That would have been the % chance anyway before the rule change (7 out of 31), would it not?

If anything the chances are now (slightly?) higher given they can’t draw each other, but I’m nowhere near clever enough to work out by how much?

Yeah it felt wrong when I sent it [emoji38]