Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

57 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Get Fraser in.

Yes please. It might even get one or two of our crowd worked up enough to take the Werthers Original out of their mouth so they can mumble something mildly impolite at him.

Edited by WillDanceForChocolate

Might not be the right place to ask this but I’m on holiday in Florida (staying in the Clermont area) and wondered if any of our American users knew where I’d be able to watch this? Anything local or would I have to venture to International Drive? 

What's the chances we see Kelly at CB instead of Krafth for this? I know he's left footed but he's actually a CB and Krafth for as well as he did against Southampton, is no more than a stop gap in that position.

Sorry like, but in response to those who would take a draw. If you want us to be competing for the Champions League, or even Europe, then a draw away to Bournemouth would have to be a result you have to be disappointed with.

39 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

What's the chances we see Kelly at CB instead of Krafth for this? I know he's left footed but he's actually a CB and Krafth for as well as he did against Southampton, is no more than a stop gap in that position.

Kelly quite unlikely to start at CB. Howe will most likely start Krafth with Burn. To be fair Krafth been quite dependable and does not seem to be a weak link from I have seen of him recently. I say Kelly has 50% chance starting at LB. Personally I much prefer Kelly over Hall.

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Can only see a rout or scruffy win for them. The South coast is rarely kind to us...

Hope I'm wrong

You think there’s a decent chance they’ll rout us?

Hate Bournemouth, their plastic looking stadium, their kit, the amount of Cooks in their team, all irrational I know, just something about them. Think the defeat there last year has made them into a bogey team. Absolutely shit scared of Semenyo, like. He’s gonna do something, can just feel it. 

Edited by Astroblack

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Sorry like, but in response to those who would take a draw. If you want us to be competing for the Champions League, or even Europe, then a draw away to Bournemouth would have to be a result you have to be disappointed with.

It's about reading the situation. We didn't play well against Southampton even when we had a 11. We are missing two first choice centre backs. We haven't upgraded right winger/forward position. We haven't made a significant high value signing. We've previously struggled a little on the road in this fixture. While we need wins in these fixtures I am not sure we will get it. Happy to be surprised.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You think there’s a decent chance they’ll rout us?

Absolutely. We've made them look like prime Barca in the past down there, we're down to the bones of a defence (already), and the Southampton performance was not exactly confidence inspring

Just now, gjohnson said:

Absolutely. We've made them look like prime Barca in the past down there, we're down to the bones of a defence (already), and the Southampton performance was not exactly confidence inspring

How are we down to the bones in defence ?

8 minutes ago, hakka said:

It's about reading the situation. We didn't play well against Southampton even when we had a 11. We are missing two first choice centre backs. We haven't upgraded right winger/forward position. We haven't made a significant high value signing. We've previously struggled a little on the road in this fixture. While we need wins in these fixtures I am not sure we will get it. Happy to be surprised.

Despite that I still think we are capable of winning down there.

I don’t think Bournemouth are all that to be honest, they will certainly finish in the bottom half of the league.

Regardless, I still think the minimum expectation should be a win.

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

And in spite of all of that, we should be looking to win. As I said before, a draw is a totally believable result, but it shouldn't be a cause for joy.

It doesn't mean we should lose the plot if we draw either, but we shouldn't lower our standards if we want to do anything this season.

22 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We drew with them the season we got champions league and Villa the same last season. They are a good side imo.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How are we down to the bones in defence ?

Confident in a Burn/Kelly/Krath central defence? 

Not one of them would be first choice in there barring injuries and suspensions.

Virtually no pace in there and we know from experience Burn and Krafth both have a howler in them. 

Just now, gjohnson said:

Confident in a Burn/Kelly/Krath central defence? 

Not one of them would be first choice in there barring injuries and suspensions.

Virtually no pace in there and we know from experience Burn and Krafth both have a howler in them. 

You can’t have seen Kelly play if you think he has no pace. Burn has been brilliant at CB as well. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

You can’t have seen Kelly play if you think he has no pace. Burn has been brilliant at CB as well. 

True, but we are playing Krafth as CB. Its quite weak really.