Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

12 minutes ago, Stottie said:

If you look at the last 28 games of last season, Bournemouth got one fewer point than us and more points than Spurs. The 28 game thing comes from me looking at the table after the first 10 games. That's six months of better form than Tottenham. During that time, they got 11 more points than Brighton, who many will fear on their own park.

bournemouth.thumb.png.5aa7e7a84af015402abe544867649abc.png

I suppose the biggest question will be how much of it was Solanke powered. Did Solanke make Bournemouth/Ireola look good or was it vice versa? 

Anyway, not a must-win for me. Not at this stage.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that Solanke found form in the Premier League after the arrival of Ireola, it took the players a while to get used to the style of football he wanted from them but once they did they have been very good.

There is no reason why we can’t beat them, we just need to be disciplined in our performance as they will look to draw us out and then hit us for pace on the counter.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cm2n6pv7yezo

An Arsenal fan still going on about, wrongly representing and selectively remembering the 3-2 :pilko:.

Anyway, Bournemouth even without Solanke need to be respected.  I wonder of we'll see us a new formation of a 3-5-2 with Tino and Hall told to push on and overlap.

Pope

Tino, Krafth, Burn Kelly Hall

Bruno Joelinton 

Barnes

Isak Gordon

I'm not sure this suits Joelinton and I'd wonder if Gordon, Barnes and Isak would get in each other's way.

16 hours ago, Stifler said:

Sorry like, but in response to those who would take a draw. If you want us to be competing for the Champions League, or even Europe, then a draw away to Bournemouth would have to be a result you have to be disappointed with.

If we are going to compete for the Champions league we are going to likely need a couple quality signings and a Gordon back in form. Getting Tonali back will also hopefully help massively.

But as we stand right now I would be perfectly happy with a draw, think that is just being realistic based on our current circumstance. 

Edited by Displayname

4 hours ago, Sima said:

Not confident on this one. It’s got routine home win with us not turning up written all over it.

Yup. 2-0, won't lay a glove on them. 

31 minutes ago, 54 said:

Would like to see something like this:

fotmob_lineup_builder.thumb.png.cfffdd736686ab30faf453b5e0a94b6a.png

Nice way of getting Barnes and Gordon on at same time. Hall more midfield is good too. Also mitigates Kraft right of a back 3.

One of those where we should be aiming to win, but a point wouldn't be terrible. 

Both sides rely on the high press, but Bournemouth do look a bit short up top.

Don't think there will be much in it at all, but I'll back us due to our superior firepower. 1-2 win.

On 23/08/2024 at 18:40, Stifler said:

Sorry like, but in response to those who would take a draw. If you want us to be competing for the Champions League, or even Europe, then a draw away to Bournemouth would have to be a result you have to be disappointed with.

I take your point, but we drew twice with these when we finished 4th.

This will be tricky. Long way to travel and these have been a bit of a bogey team of late. Keep it tight and if we can get Gordon in the game I'm hoping we can nick it. We'll need Burn to follow up on last week with another good show and hopefully Joelinton bang up for an away day battle. 

On 23/08/2024 at 18:40, Stifler said:

It's a very basic metric but win your home game and draw your away = 76 points.

Which is enough to get you Champions League. While I wouldn't be ecstatic with a point, it wouldn't be a disaster.

That said, we need to win this game, mainly as our away from was so poor last season that getting a good start would set a precedent.

Eddie knows we need to improve our away form from last season. I wonder what practical steps you can take to do that, other than just being better/improved game plans. Would love to know what the coaching team have tried, if they've tried owt. 

Tomorrow's game will be a small but good indicator whether it'll continue to be an issue this season.