Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Has been non stop since 1995

:D

Going in my mate's car at 2.15 as couldn't get out of work until then so 22 minutes!

Just now, Paully said:

:D

Going in my mate's car at 2.15 as couldn't get out of work until then so 22 minutes!

Those 300 days off a year catching up with you 

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Hoping we get a comfortable win tonight. What a mood lifter it would be.

Still find it odd to say that when we're sitting with 4/6 points but here we are.

Think we’ll need to destroy them about 6-0 to lift the mood. 

0-1, Henri Lansbury 89, Anderson assist.

Guehi laughing in the stands with Mitchell in a Crystal Palace top. Tonali hammy and Longstaff signs a 20 year contract in the centre circle.

Should be fun.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think a comfortable 0-2 with a good performance will see us happy enough for 20 minutes.... until we draw Liverpool away in the next round :lol: 

I'd definitely be going as strong as possible though. 

I'd guess maybe Tonali starts on the bench - he'll be chomping at the bit to get a good half hour / 40 minutes and will get a huge ovation when he comes on if so.

Happy either way, just excited to see him on the pitch mainly.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Some on here would still kick off over something 

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

I’ll be shocked if Tonali doesn’t start, no reason at all that I know of to have him on the bench.

Yeah, I was only thinking he's not had any competitive minutes for nearly a year.

So, I guess the other way to look at that is that there's only one way to get them and so to start him.

Edited by Abacus

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Yeah, I was only thinking he's not had any competitive minutes for nearly a year.

So, I guess the other way to look at that is that there's only one way to get them and so to start him.

Yeah, think it’s different to come back from an injury compared to a ban. Just feels like a perfect opportunity to get that first start out of the way and some match-sharpness back.

Edited by Pata

Yeah, I'd hope he starts aswell. See how he goes and if really struggling then change at half time. If not try and give him a good 60mins atleast. 

We need him up to speed as fast as possible and if god forbid we get knocked out tonight, then he will only have league games to gain sharpness anyways so throw him straight back in tonight I say. 

4 hours ago, Displayname said:

Dont really care about the league cup, but excited to to see Tonali back and us hopefully turning it around and playing some good football.

Not really sure how this is possible. We've been to the final and QF (could and should have been SF) in successive seasons. The absolute best thing that could happen this season is Bruno lifting a trophy at Wembley. 

English League Cup
Europa League Cup

Europa Conference League Cup

Give it to me.

I noticed longstaff finds pockets of space like de bruyne. The only difference is that instead of a lovely clean strike or a cross on someones head he takes another touch, then another one and then ends up on the floor. Apart from that, exactly the same. More of that tonight please 

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, anyone saying they don’t care about a trophy is absolutely mental 

Same cunts who will be saying in 30 years they don't care about the trophy when the last time we won owt was during the last ice age. 

It's fucking important, probably the most important thing the club ever achieves again ,(if). Thick cunts