Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 21/09/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

The best time for us to be playing any of so called top sides (home or away) has to be during their ridiculous fixture congestion caused by playing in Europe. We have to leverage that advantage where we can - ‘let’s blow them away with our running’.

2 hours ago, 54 said:

We could do with a win in this, looking at our fixtures afterwards we have a tough run of games coming up:

Man City (h)

Everton (a) - despite how shit they are, we always struggle against them.

Brighton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

Does make this game pretty massive. If we win I fancy us to get a draw against City. Everton, fuck knows. Hope we absolutely disembowel them. Brighton I think we’ll win or at the worst draw. Chelsea away Id predict a loss. Arsenal at home a draw 

I wound start Osula if Isak is out. I think Osula can replicate what Gordon gives us in that role and let Gordon get back to the wing where he is most effective. 

Pope

Trippier.   Schar.     Burn.   Livramento

Tonali.       Bruno.    Joelinton 

Gordon.             Osula.          Barnes 

Subs: Dubravka, Murphy, Almiron, Willock, Krafth, Hall, Kelly, Longstaff, Targett 

3 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Would be tempted to play Bruno, tonali and willock with joelinton as centre forward to keep Barnes and Gordon wide. A big Joe hat trick would be biggest redemption ever seen in football.

Joelinton centre forward ??

46 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Would be tempted to play Bruno, tonali and willock with joelinton as centre forward to keep Barnes and Gordon wide. A big Joe hat trick would be biggest redemption ever seen in football.

:tiote:

48 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Wonder if we've ever tried him there before? 

:joey:

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

The ghost of Bruce returns. 

I don't really care who starts up top if Isak is unavailable, but you have to ask why Osula was bought at all if he's not ready to start as a 3rd choice striker. He's 21, got 21 PL appearances last season, and was part of the end of our pre-season.

It's not like we're throwing a 16 year old into the deep end and hope he can swim like we had to with Miley.

Could try:

Tonali Bruno Willock

Barnes Gordon Joelinton

If Isak doesn't make it. That way you can have the Joe interchange on the left wing & left of midfield, and also have Gordon & Joelinton interchanging as an option. 

I would start Osula just to have a presence up top with Gordon and Barnes either side, but I am 99.99% sure that Eddie will not do that and will only bring him on if we are either comfortably winning or comfortably losing.

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

My friend, no. 

The way we play just doesn’t work with Gordon as a false 9. We need a presence and Osula is already surrounded by better quality throughout the side. Don’t see why he shouldn’t start up top. 

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Could try:

Tonali Bruno Willock

Barnes Gordon Joelinton

If Isak doesn't make it. That way you can have the Joe interchange on the left wing & left of midfield, and also have Gordon & Joelinton interchanging as an option. 

Maybe PTSD from last season, but I'd be terrified only having 1 CM on the bench, knowing what can happen to us with injuries 

6 hours ago, 54 said:

That a good question actually, would you rather play the all the top 10 sides at home in the first half of the season, and play the bottom 10 away, and then play the top 10 away from home in the second half or would you rather have it the other way where you play all the bottom half teams at home in the first half?

My thoughts are that it's good to get them out the way early, and then you can keep accumulating points to so called "lesser sides" at home in the second half, despite having horrid away fixtures against teams you hope to be competing with.

I guess it all depends on form, home and away.  If we can maintain our home form (from last season) against most of the teams, playing the better teams now, should translate to better form on the road (I think!).  Most of them are in Europe so travelling to us amidst all that makes it more favourable for us this side of Christmas.

All things being equal, I guess a bit more of a spread is probably ideal over a season.   

To go to all their grounds in the second half of the season, especially if we are battling for top 4 this season, might make it harder for us. 

I predict a lousy 1-1 draw and a terrible performance for 70 minutes until Howe brings on the actual footballers to bail him out and paper over the cracks.

The losers in our fanbase will then be waxing lyrical about how a point at Craven Cottage is a good result, we're still unbeaten and telling us to be grateful Steve Bruce isn't the manager anymore or something idk