Everton vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

After winning me over with his performances recently, Nicky Butt pissed me off at the final whistle by rushing over to Man U old boys Tim Howard and Phil Neville with a big grin on his mash for cuddles and laughs and to arrange where they were going for a pint.

Nothing as bad as Cardiff, he did at least give the fans a clap this time once he was done catching up.  Just that ginger fucking grin when I'm stood there gutted.

:wullie:

Martins' penalty definitely wasn't a chip. He attempted to side foot it, only gave it far more power than he could really control. A bit weird.

It didn't help that there was a gap of two minutes between the decision and the eventual kick. Plenty of time to get nervous or lose concentration.

I think his point is pretty clear, but only if you can open up your mind - if you have one that can makes its own opinions that is. But you can disagree with someone who was at the match if you like. Goals change games if we had scored first, they would not have got 3. Our defenders will be back, but I am pleased you are happy to buy a defender and go the rest of the season with only 1 striker.

I'll tell you what Mr Hypocrisy, I'll not talk about the game that I didn't attend when you do the same.   Yes our defenders will be back, so will our forwards unless you know differently and our returning forwards will be better than our returning defenders.

Where have I said we should go through the season with only 1 striker?

Talk about games I don't go to ???? Who is contradicting someone who was at the game. Just like you do pre-1992 as well ...  :lol:

Our strikers will not be back until the end of the season if that, you tell us when our defenders will be back, and also tell us if we have replaced Shearer and Bellamy yet ?

We have 1 striker - that is 1 - ie ONE - to play the season, if he isn't injured. And YOU say we need defenders  :lol: :lol: :lol: but that is you just following everyone else as usual because you are clueless and don't have a mind of your own, despite your apparent age.

Against Everton we had 0 fullbacks, that's NONE.

Guest smoggeordie

TBH if Martins is injured we still have Dyer, Emre, Sib, even Luque to play emergency striker. Whereas we have no defenders left, even the bloody academy are running out.

TBH if Martins is injured we still have Dyer, Emre, Sib, even Luque to play emergency striker. Whereas we have no defenders left, even the bloody academy are running out.

I'm sure Duff can also play up front.

Apparently none of them count although Bernard counts as a defender and the young academy lads as full backs  blueconfused.gif

Guest smoggeordie

Duff can play full stop?  ;)

Duff can play full stop?  ;)

bluelaugh.gif

Guest WEVE_GOT_OUR_DUNCAN_BACK

i am an everton fan and got to say milner looks one cracking player, just didn't give up still running down the wings trying to put crosses in and at parts looked like he was the only one interested.

i am an everton fan and got to say milner looks one cracking player, just didn't give up still running down the wings trying to put crosses in and at parts looked like he was the only one interested.

:thup: I think he is very underrated myself, yes his crossing can sometimes be bad but he has skill to beat his man, works his arse off and when he gets a good cross in its normally a perfect cross! I think people forget he is only 20, N'Zogbia gets allowances because of it and because he had a good season last year and although Milner had a fantastic season last year, because it wasnt at Newcastle it doesn't seem to count!

Guest WEVE_GOT_OUR_DUNCAN_BACK

he was against Nuno Valente who was Everton's man of the match who has bags of experience won the champions league with Porto along with uefa cup and got to the semi-final of the world cup with Portugal really good defender but gave Valente a tough task down the left.

Apparently none of them count although Bernard counts as a defender and the young academy lads as full backs  blueconfused.gif

Dyer, Emre, Sibierski and Luque are not out and out strikers, although Dyer can do a job in support. Would you want to see Dyer as the MAIN striker in the absence of Martins? Would you want to see Emre as the main striker in the absence of Martins?  bluelaugh.gif

Bernard is a LB by the way, so that means even though he's not fit he counts as a defender because LB is a defensive position.

Any academy lad who is a defender is a defender, so they count as defenders. It's upto the manager to decide if they're upto it or not at PL level as backup.

It's obvious that we have an injury crisis in defence, (Carr, Babayaro, Bramble, Moore, Ramage, Bernard) which is why we're short at the back. We don't have an injury CRISIS among the strikers, but we're still short up front.

Before the injury to Ramage my opinion was that we needed 1 quality striker, 1 LB, 1 backup striker, 1 CB and in that order. We probably now need to swap the order of that backup striker and CB due to the additional injury to Ramage, but all of that is depending on the expected return dates of the injured defenders, which as I'm not a club insider, I have no reliable knowledge of. Do you?

Jon, we don't have to agree, but I'm especially interested in why you say defenders who are defenders shouldn't count as such, yet midfielders who aren't strikers at all should count as strikers.

Bernard wont play for us, want a bet on this? You keep banging on about how he should count but I think its clear to anyone but you that he wont play for us.

I don't want to see Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Edgar et all as MAIN full backs either, the fact that we look like we are going in to todays game with Butt as a centre back says it all does it not?

Dyer has pretty much played as a striker for us since Souness took over and has done a good job, a better job than the kids have done at full back so why can't he be included as a striker?

At the moment we probably have 1 centre back who is really up to the standard (Taylor) and he is still a little young and rash and the only full back we have that is good enough is our right winger who people were writing off not so long ago, that said he is doing a fantastic job but as soon as he is injured again we are back to absolutely no attacking from either full back position, thats going to help us keep the ball in the opposition half isnt it!