Everton vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Pisses me off what Oba did, try to be fucking clever and chip it instead of just hitting it like he did with the Reading one. Roeder should tell him never to try that ever again.

Though the 3rd goal was stupid play by Butt. AJ was runing towards the corner with no danger and Butt goes and fouls him for no reason. Senior player who should know better.

Sadly, Huntington is to blame for the Anichebe goals. First goal he fails to clear the ball from under his feet and the second he gets beat by Anichebe to the first header.

Our opinions differ. ;-)

Not saying we should or will break the bank, i'm just saying that if we were to - i'd rather we did it on a defender than a striker.

But, if Roeder's going after the likes of Mario Melchiot, he is clearly saving a hefty wedge of his budget for a striker.

Not needed IMO. I'd much rather we go after a £2m Viduka or a £3m Beattie than spend £8m or whatever on Peter Crouch, or someone.

Fucks sake, not picking on you particularly but to even suggest the Roeder is going after Melchiot based on speculation by Planetfootball is insane. The article had no quotes from anybody and no other credible site is covering the story.

Our opinions differ. ;-)

Not saying we should or will break the bank, i'm just saying that if we were to - i'd rather we did it on a defender than a striker.

But, if Roeder's going after the likes of Mario Melchiot, he is clearly saving a hefty wedge of his budget for a striker.

Not needed IMO. I'd much rather we go after a £2m Viduka or a £3m Beattie than spend £8m or whatever on Peter Crouch, or someone.

Fucks sake, not picking on you particularly but to even suggest the Roeder is going after Melchiot based on speculation by Planetfootball is insane. The article had no quotes from anybody and no other credible site is covering the story.

Why i said "if" tbh mate.

Pisses me off what Oba did, try to be f***ing clever and chip it instead of just hitting it like he did with the Reading one. Roeder should tell him never to try that ever again.

:lol:

It was a poor penalty, but he was trying to put it in the corner... he wasn't trying to chip it. :? :lol:

Pisses me off what Oba did, try to be f***ing clever and chip it instead of just hitting it like he did with the Reading one. Roeder should tell him never to try that ever again.

It was a poor penalty, but he was trying to put it in the corner... he wasn't trying to chip it. :? :lol:

I don't know, it looked to me by his body shape like he was trying to chip it up into top corner. I can't see how he got it that high and wide if he was just trying to put it in the corner.

I don't know, it looked to me by his body shape like he was trying to chip it up into top corner. I can't see how he got it that high and wide if he was just trying to put it in the corner.

A chip to the top corner? now that would be taking the piss if he tried that :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

he leant back, body taught, shape all wrong. If Nobby won't step up and take set pieces though I won't have a go at him.

that's the 7th time i've been to an away game, specifically in the away end, without even seeing a goal for us. unbelievable. i thought we played ok, we just can't defend set-pices for shite and we didn't capitalise on a lot of good possession. this may be biased as i'm very drunk but still, i thought they were no good and we deserved better. absolutely appalling penalty miss though, i actually could not believe my eyes. really hope it doesn't affect Martins too much

he leant back, body taught, shape all wrong. If Nobby won't step up and take set pieces though I won't have a go at him.

He's scored 6 in 6 including a penalty against Reading, there was no doubt he wanted which shows confidence in itself and Roeder's said he'll take the next one when it comes around.

A chip to the top corner? now that would be taking the piss if he tried that :lol:

I know. :lol:

You're talking shite Stozo mate. ;-)  Crap penalty, absolutely - but he was trying to chip it? :shock:

Was that penalty worse than the one Jenas took in that Asia Cup when Sir Bobby went mad with him.

No, Martins was genuinely trying to use the quality that he has to score, but it didn't come off.

Jenas just didn't have the quality. The lanky wankfuck.

From my seat it appeared that Obas pen went vertical! Definitely the worst pen i've seen taken by a Toon player, easily eclipsing Jenas' chip.

The one where he tried to chip it in off the bar ;)

Bobbys quotes:

"This press conference is not about JJ, we missed three penalties, not one. I never really complain about penalties... I always have a bit of sympathy for the players who have to take them.  I just felt in his case it was an outrageous way to try and take a penalty.  He's young and for some reason he's gone against all his education, all his practice to do something different and he has come unstuck because of that.  He's a young player and he has to learn from being unprofessional in that sense.  I've never seen him do that.  If I knew he was going to take the penalty like that, he would have been last."

Guest Ridzuan

Poor poor goals to give away.I thought we had our defence sorted out but of course I was wrong.Oba missing the penalty as well,that was poor.Hopefully he can bounce back from that and score in our next match being penalty or not.And hopefully Glenn will get the defence sorted out before our next game and buy some quality defenders during the transfer window.

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

Though the 3rd goal was stupid play by Butt. AJ was runing towards the corner with no danger and Butt goes and fouls him for no reason. Senior player who should know better.

Sadly, Huntington is to blame for the Anichebe goals. First goal he fails to clear the ball from under his feet and the second he gets beat by Anichebe to the first header.

the 3rd goal shouldn't have been a free kick to start with, and if u had been there or watched the highlights more closely u would realise that johnson is a diver. thought we played really well overall, we didn't deserve to lose and definitley not by 3.

everton's supporters were crap didn't sing once all game. newcastle fans brilliant as always, heard a few new songs too!  :toon1:

I think his point is pretty clear, but only if you can open up your mind - if you have one that can makes its own opinions that is. But you can disagree with someone who was at the match if you like. Goals change games if we had scored first, they would not have got 3. Our defenders will be back, but I am pleased you are happy to buy a defender and go the rest of the season with only 1 striker.

I'll tell you what Mr Hypocrisy, I'll not talk about the game that I didn't attend when you do the same.   Yes our defenders will be back, so will our forwards unless you know differently and our returning forwards will be better than our returning defenders.

Where have I said we should go through the season with only 1 striker?

Talk about games I don't go to ???? Who is contradicting someone who was at the game. Just like you do pre-1992 as well ...  :lol:

Our strikers will not be back until the end of the season if that, you tell us when our defenders will be back, and also tell us if we have replaced Shearer and Bellamy yet ?

We have 1 striker - that is 1 - ie ONE - to play the season, if he isn't injured. And YOU say we need defenders  :lol: :lol: :lol: but that is you just following everyone else as usual because you are clueless and don't have a mind of your own, despite your apparent age.

Thats the games that we actually scored a goal but because of our defence we didnt managed to hold on!!!

13points lost...

1.  Fulham  PREM    L    1-2

2.      Everton  PREM    D    1-1

3.      Bolton  PREM    L    1-2 

4.      Arsenal  PREM    D    1-1

5.      Bolton  PREM    L    1-2

We need at least one striker but our defence is critical,especially the left back and the one central defender :confused: