Everton vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

btw,ok sure luque is "bad", but wasn't starting him as LW better then starting emre?,at least he can put on or two good cross's in..

You never give up do you? :D

NEVER!! :D

then again i sat for 90 horrible min's today...watching our team get hammerd by everton,i am really depressed..

But at least saddam is  dead.. :thup:

We need Duff back for the game against Manyoo. If he's not back, I'm desperate enough to play Luque at LW because we need a left winger to be playing, and have Emre and Butt in the middle with Milner on the right. That's our best bet. I don't fancy seeing Dyer out on the wing because it takes him out of the game. I'd rather he float around with Martins up top, we seem to play better that way.

I'd go for that too, rather than see Parker selected.

Why are people being told to shut up for suggesting Luque be given a game? We're getting raped down the left, all our left-sided players are injured so somebody suggests we give a £9.5m Spanish international a game there and abuse is hurled at them. Disgraceful.

Duff, N'Zogbia and even Babayaro are injured. Emre has struggled there in his last two games, he leaves the left back exposed by drifting inside and never gets up the wing, denying us vital width. With Milner on the right and Dyer up front, Luque is our last left-sided player. Things are so bad that we have to play Huntington, Edgar, Ramage and Pav at the back, and yet people won't even talk about the prospect of playing Luque at left-wing, even though he's our only left winger standing. Get a grip of yourselves.

Why are people being told to shut up for suggesting Luque be given a game? We're getting raped down the left, all our left-sided players are injured so somebody suggests we give a £9.5m Spanish international a game there and abuse is hurled at them. Disgraceful.

Duff, N'Zogbia and even Babayaro are injured. Emre has struggled there in his last two games, he leaves the left back exposed by drifting inside and never gets up the wing, denying us vital width. With Milner on the right and Dyer up front, Luque is our last left-sided player. Things are so bad that we have to play Huntington, Edgar and Pav at the back, and yet people won't even talk about the prospect of playing Luque at left-wing, even though he's our only left winger standing. Get a grip of yourselves.

Luque is shite, he doesn't have Blackburn form to fall back on. 

Luque is an option, but I'd still rather have Emre drifting into the middle than a complete non-preformance from Luque...

Why not put Emre back in his rightful position alongside Butt. We were winning games when we did that.

Luque is an option, but I'd still rather have Emre drifting into the middle than a complete non-preformance from Luque...

So should we just forget the left side and play everybody down the right or through the middle?

Luque is shite, he doesn't have Blackburn form to fall back on. 

What are you on about?

Duff is injured.

Point is he's our last left-sided player. Emre has been dragged out of his position and we are losing games again.

Until Duff is back, why not put Emre back with Butt and play Luque left wing. It's only a suggestion. We tried Emre and Milner on the left and we got raped today, so I would think suggestions are welcome at this point.

Guest Bellers

Why not put Emre back in his rightful position alongside Butt. We were winning games when we did that.

True, but we'll be just as exposed down the left...

why do u think he is shit? FFS he hardly get any chance here at nufc,the manager hates him and would rather have Fatty Pattison over him,and still he did very well for us whenever given a chance this season

He's a lost cause. Tragic I have to refer to him as that, but I've given up all hope of Roeder ever managing him properly.

We need Duff back for the game against Manyoo. If he's not back, I'm desperate enough to play Luque at LW because we need a left winger to be playing, and have Emre and Butt in the middle with Milner on the right. That's our best bet. I don't fancy seeing Dyer out on the wing because it takes him out of the game. I'd rather he float around with Martins up top, we seem to play better that way.

I'd go for that too, rather than see Parker selected.

blueeek.gif

Jeez, now you're agreeing with me. I guess that bug must have lasted more than 24 hours ;)

why do u think he is shit? FFS he hardly get any chance here at nufc,the manager hates him and would rather have Fatty Pattison over him,and still he did very well for us whenever given a chance this season

I can't wait until Luque is gone (but apparently there are no takers for him at the moment from Spain) so you can pick a new Newcastle 'hero'.

He's a lost cause. Tragic I have to refer to him as that, but I've given up all hope of Roeder ever managing him properly.

FFS. You'll be a fully paid up member of the loony club once you make the leap to blaming Fred for Luque's shit attitude.

Duff, N'Zogbia and even Babayaro are injured. Emre has struggled there in his last two games, he leaves the left back exposed by drifting inside and never gets up the wing, denying us vital width. With Milner on the right and Dyer up front, Luque is our last left-sided player. Things are so bad that we have to play Huntington, Edgar, Ramage and Pav at the back, and yet people won't even talk about the prospect of playing Luque at left-wing, even though he's our only left winger standing. Get a grip of yourselves.

Well said. People may hate Luque beyond belief, but he at least knows how to play out on the left giving us some semblance of balance and would allow us to restore Emre and Butt in the centre which was the combination that was winning us games in the first place. It will be in excusable if he's left out again whilst Parker is shoe horned into midfield and Emre forced to play left wing again to accomodate not only Parker but to keep Luque out of the team at all costs. Put the team first please Roeder.

Man Utd and Tottenham next in the Premiership :confused:

Today we were poor especially after the second goal.I feel bad about Oba because he was clearly upset after the game.Emre was awful today IMO

I hope that after fat fred watched this game to realise that we need to spend big this transfer window if we dont want to be fighting for mid table position in the end of the season :thdn:

Well said. People may hate Luque beyond belief, but he at least knows how to play out on the left giving us some semblance of balance and would allow us to restore Emre and Butt in the centre which was the combination that was winning us games in the first place. It will be in excusable if he's left out again whilst Parker is shoe horned into midfield and Emre forced to play left wing again to accomodate not only Parker but to keep Luque out of the team at all costs. Put the team first please Roeder.

The best run we had under Souness was when the fans started chanting for Robert, Souness had to bring him back because of the pressure, that balanced the team and our game was raised 10 fold, Roeder is doing exactly the same thing now, he has something personal against Luque and we're suffering for it.

Roeder in my opinion is a lost cause, he has no balls even when we are winning he doesn't fill me with confidence. In tactics he's useless and not playing Luque, who's a natural left sided player, sheer stupidity! because it's so obvious Emre is not a left winger and those who say Luque is not worth it, bullshit!, he's a better crosser of the ball than Emre and wouldn't have left Huntington exposed like Emre was doing.

My thoughts- Emre is the biggest prick in the league.

How he never got sent off is beyond me. Looked like Butt raised his hands to Anichebe as well? Anyone see it on a stream?

Bigger prick than Cahill? I sincerley doubt it. Emre has his faults but at least he isn't so much of a twat that he thinks battering an inanimate object is clever.

Guest Bellers

As much as I'd love to agree starting Luque isn't going to make a massive amount of difference.  As much as I'd love to see Emre restored to the middle, Roeder isn't going to drop Parker. So you have a choice between Emre, Luque, or mixing both of them into a 4-5-1. We know we can't play the latter so that leaves playing Emre or Luque on the left. Emre will drift in but at least he still contributes to the attacking play, whenever Luque has player he's given minimum effort which suggests he'll contribute nothing. Either way we're going to be exposed down the left but Emre will contribute more to the attack.

FFS. You'll be a fully paid up member of the loony club once you make the leap to blaming Fred for Luque's shit attitude.

You don't think Roeder could have helped sort out Luque's "shit attitude"?