Everton vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

My thoughts- Emre is the biggest prick in the league.

How he never got sent off is beyond me. Looked like Butt raised his hands to Anichebe as well? Anyone see it on a stream?

Bigger prick than Cahill? I sincerley doubt it. Emre has his faults but at least he isn't so much of a T*** that he thinks battering an inanimate object is clever.

Yep. Not only does he do sly niggly challenges and mouth off like Cahill does, he also dives/play acts.

And what is that muzzy about? It's like when you're 15 and some nob in your class is trying to grow one.

Cahill is a complete c*** tbh

I'm not denying that, it's good to have a cunt in your team to frustrate the opposition

Some people on here are in serious denial about Emre though

aye, Emre's constant tumbling is starting to really annoy me... add to that the card waving today. Starting to hope the Barton rumours are true.

Just heard Roeder on the radio - says defending for the goals from set pieces was not good enough - 3rd goal was typical of our luck today.

He has also backed Martins after his penalty miss.

Bramble and Moore are out for another month. Ramage is going to be missing for a few weeks, though the extent of his hamstring problem isn't known yet.

He's again refusing to use the injury crisis as an excuse and also added that the players need to keep on fighting and if anyone thinks we will lie down in upcoming games, then they are wrong.

He also commented on the Barton speculation saying that midfield isn't an area we are looking to strengthen - he is happy with the numbers. Defence and attack are priorities.

He can't use injuries as an excuse, they don't help but he's part of the reason why we've lost our last 2, him and his team selection.

I'm sorry but, having been at the game,  a lot of the stuff on this thread is such a load of bollocks. A lot of our football was really good today and we looked a far classier side than Everton for virtually the whole match. Roeder's post-match comments were just about spot on, the three goals were all from set-pieces, two of them were scored with Nicky Butt as a central defender. It's a miracle that we have gained any points at all with the back four that we're forced to play at the moment. I blame Roeder for none of that.

Guest WEVE_GOT_OUR_DUNCAN_BACK

Emre made two racist remarks to Tim Howard and Joseph Yobo, which happened them two and Joleon Lescott all went for him when they seem so calm.

Dyer didn't look impressed and just walked away from the situation, the ref didn't hear his comments and didnt recieve his second yellow card, howard wasn't happy about emre showing a fake card so he told emre what he though only to be abused but Yobo butted in for the same to be said.

Its what most people are saying if true then he should be ashamed of himself.

Great to the newcastle fans, came down in numbers and didnt shutup singing  blueyes.gif nice one

Emre made two racist remarks to Tim Howard and Joseph Yobo, which happened them two and Joleon Lescott all went for him when they seem so calm.

Dyer didn't look impressed and just walked away from the situation, the ref didn't hear his comments and didnt recieve his second yellow card, howard wasn't happy about emre showing a fake card so he told emre what he though only to be abused but Yobo butted in for the same to be said.

Its what most people are saying if true then he should be ashamed of himself.

Great to the newcastle fans, came down in numbers and didnt shutup singing  blueyes.gif nice one

Who is making these allegations?

Just heard Roeder on the radio - says defending for the goals from set pieces was not good enough - 3rd goal was typical of our luck today.

He has also backed Martins after his penalty miss.

Bramble and Moore are out for another month. Ramage is going to be missing for a few weeks, though the extent of his hamstring problem isn't known yet.

He's again refusing to use the injury crisis as an excuse and also added that the players need to keep on fighting and if anyone thinks we will lie down in upcoming games, then they are wrong.

He also commented on the Barton speculation saying that midfield isn't an area we are looking to strengthen - he is happy with the numbers. Defence and attack are priorities.

He can't use injuries as an excuse, they don't help but he's part of the reason why we've lost our last 2, him and his team selection.

I'm sorry but, having been at the game,  a lot of the stuff on this thread is such a load of bollocks. A lot of our football was really good today and we looked a far classier side than Everton for virtually the whole match. Roeder's post-match comments were just about spot on, the three goals were all from set-pieces, two of them were scored with Nicky Butt as a central defender. It's a miracle that we have gained any points at all with the back four that we're forced to play at the moment. I blame Roeder for none of that.

watching the game on TV right now. 3-0 definetly doesn't reflect our preformance.

Watched it on delay on ART Sport 1, well the first 62 minutes of it anyway... 3-fucking-0? Unreal scoreline for the way the match went.

We didn't deal with 3 set plays (fair play to Neville, mind) and Martins' penalty is one of the worst I have ever seen, the dumpling. Typical scenario for our annual trip to Goodison Park - I have believed since the Gravesen/Bernard incident that it's our new bogey ground after the Dell went and it never ceases to amaze me how blindingly lucky they are on their home turf. It's like some gypsy martyr has put a blessing on the place - it's not just against us, either, I see game after game of Everton on ART Sport and it always seems to be the same story. All 3 goals were extremely lucky, IMO, whereas nothing went for us.

You make your luck, I suppose, and we didn't deserve anything from the game with the way we defended at times and because our lack of finishing ability. I thought Milner looked exceptionally bright, but he still flatters to deceive - don't think he's ever going to make a "top" player as he isn't particularly great at anything and seriously lacks a football brain, although he's always lively.

Happy with our passing/movement and from what I'd seen so far Butt looked very composed at centre-half when Ramage had to go off... as for Emre... well this has been boiling over for a long time now, he's a right contemptuous little bugger and he certainly doesn't like playing on the wing and Everton wound him up, as they are entitled to do. He was a complete arse asking for Osman to go and he should be ashamed of himself for it.

Didn't expect a win because of our still-increasing sicklist but the way we battered them from open play made me proud - I can only hope that we someday get to see an almost first-eleven from Roeder because at times he has us playing some delightful football and surely that can only improve once we sort out the fullback slots and get one of our proper left-wingers back.

Emre must play in the middle against Man Utd and Sibierski HAS to play. That game there further convinced me that we'll never do a fucking thing playing such a small team, we looked miles better in the spell after half-time when Sibierski was playing as a link-man. Whoever said Martins is a "playmaking forward" was again proven to be full of shit, his touch/passing/vision needs serious work. We need to get some players in with a bit of height and power about them because the likes of Yobo, Lescott and Anichebe bullied us out of 3 points today.

watched it on delay too, for the first 65 mins anyway. hard defeat to take considering we were on top and played some excellent football for the majority of what i saw. we shot ourselves in the foot, with poor finishing and sloppy defending. martins missing the pen and taylor and martins getting in each other's way summed things up, we had a good chance to win against an everton side who looked pretty ordinary and we didn't take it, then theyve capitalised on set pieces through sheer brute force.

No one has stated that but for three Everton black players to run towards him and look like they are going to swing for him along with Dyer just walking away from Emre instead of defending him, most everton players seemed to try and crunch him when possible so thats what it looks like and couple of sites have suggested he made a racist remark or spat at Yobo to kick it all off.

No one has stated that but for three Everton black players to run towards him and look like they are going to swing for him along with Dyer just walking away from Emre instead of defending him, most everton players seemed to try and crunch him when possible so thats what it looks like and couple of sites have suggested he made a racist remark or spat at Yobo to kick it all off.

So in other words accusing him of such a horrible thing based on no real evidence. Great.

So in other words accusing him of such a horrible thing based on no real evidence. Great.

Exactly. WUM methinks.

It's interesting that you don't blame the manager for us being unable to defend set-pieces or for being forced to play that back four considering he got rid of two defenders and only got one in after the transfer window had closed, that one he got is has not and will not play a game for us.

Who do you blame?

Guest MexicanToon

First time poster.....

Watched the game on the net today...gotta say that Arteta was head and shoulders the best player on show.  He really showed up Parker and Emre.

Defensively....what a shambles. Titus must be in line for a recall at this rate.

:confused:

First time poster.....

Watched the game on the net today...gotta say that Arteta was head and shoulders the best player on show.  He really showed up Parker and Emre.

Defensively....what a shambles. Titus must be in line for a recall at this rate.

:confused:

Will he play on crutches?

Guest Knightrider

Arteta is a fantastic player, really come of age over the past two seasons. One of the best midfielders in the league IMO and much better than the overrated Cahill. Arteta deserves to be playing for someone in the Champions League as he's good enough. Such a fine player playing for a dog of a side.

It's interesting that you don't blame the manager for us being unable to defend set-pieces or for being forced to play that back four considering he got rid of two defenders and only got one in after the transfer window had closed, that one he got is has not and will not play a game for us.

Who do you blame?

you don't take the view of someone who was at the game ???????

What he is saying is that we couldn't put the ball in the net while we were on top.

As for your comments, we had - and still have - only 1 out and out forward to play up front, for the rest of the season. And you say we need defenders more. Amazing.

Keep up the cliches, and don't get a mind of your own whatever you do.

It's interesting that you don't blame the manager for us being unable to defend set-pieces

who do you think is more responsible for the goals conceded today, roeder, or the players?

Was suprised that no one went in for him when Sociedad wanted £2.5m after we sent him back from loan the season we finished in 4th place, ended up getting him for around £1.5m.

Looks brilliant on the wing, which is where he has played this season, normally plays in the centre.

I like the guardian's comment about him (they gave him MOM), and they said that if he were in a top 4 team, he'd be a house hold name.  Must say i agree, he's quality.

I do not blame Roeder for the fact that our squad is not deep enough and decimated by injuries. I blame the spending of previous Managers for the first part. Our defence today consisted of an unfit goalkeeper, a right winger and three centre backs, one of whom is massively out of his depth and one of whom was replaced by a midfielder. I don't think that Roeder can be blamed for  the lack of depth in the squad and I think that he has done a pretty good job this season, given all the circumstances.

I also think that it's a miracle that we haven't conceded more goals recently, given our defensive options. AND, I also think that we could just as easily have won today's game, not if the tactics or personnel available had been different, but if the ball had run for us. I know that it's easier to find someone to blame (usually Roeder or Parker) but that is not, having been there, the reality of today's game IMO.

Guest MexicanToon

Think you are right there, but a dog of a side?? They have two solid centre halves we woud die for, and the Portugese lad o the left was taking the piss all afternoon...add Arteta, Johnson, they don't seem that bad to me :roll:

It's interesting that you don't blame the manager for us being unable to defend set-pieces

who do you think is more responsible for the goals conceded today, roeder, or the players?

he still thinks Roeder is playing by the sound of it.

you don't take the view of someone who was at the game ???????

What he is saying is that we couldn't put the ball in the net while we were on top.

As for your comments, we had - and still have - only 1 out and out forward to play up front, for the rest of the season. And you say we need defenders more. Amazing.

Keep up the cliches, and don't get a mind of your own whatever you do.

My mistake, I thought he was blaming our result on defending set-pieces and our lack of defenders, I felt that the fact that we had let in 3 goals backed him up on that point.

Think you are right there, but a dog of a side?? They have two solid centre halves we woud die for, and the Portugese lad o the left was taking the piss all afternoon...add Arteta, Johnson, they don't seem that bad to me :roll:

Nuno Valente? bluelaugh.gif