***The Quote-tastic thread***

Guest smoggeordie

I knew that would get a long drawn out responce, funny thing is I didn't even read it  :lol:

Here's the answer to one of his questions:

The Arsenal board consistently get it wrong?  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

George Graham (1986-1995):

Littlewoods Cup winners 1987

Littlewoods Cup runners up 1988

League Championship 1989

League Championdhip 1991

FA Cup winners 1993

Coca-Cola Cup winners 1993

European Cup-Winners Cup winners 1994

Bruce Rioch (1995-1996):

Won nothing, this must be where they "consistently got it wrong." bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Arsene Wenger (1996-To Date):

Do I have to list them?

Liverpool from the two managers they appointed.

Roy Evans (1994-1998):

League Cup 1995

Gerard Houllier (1998-2004):

League Cup 2001 & 2003.

FA Cup 2001.

UEFA Cup 2001.

Super Cup 2001.

Charity Shield 2001.

I knew that would get a long drawn out responce, funny thing is I didn't even read it  :lol:

In response to yet another bit of sarcasm from you, may I suggest that your concentration span can't be very well developed if you thought that was a long drawn out *responce*.  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

It only took about 1 minute to write that, mate.

BTW There's no doubt you will have read it, but sadly you're like a few other people on here mate. You fail to answer questions when it dawns on you that the only answers that make any sense go against what you've been saying previously.

They are easy questions, Jon. Go on. Surprise me. Give them your best shot........

Here's the answer to one of his questions:

The Arsenal board consistently get it wrong?  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

George Graham (1986-1995):

League Championship 1989

League Championdhip 1991

FA Cup winners 1993

Bruce Rioch (1995-1996):

Won nothing, this must be where they "consistently got it wrong." bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Arsene Wenger (1996-To Date):

Do I have to list them?

Liverpool from the two managers they appointed.

Roy Evans (1994-1998):

League Cup 1995

Gerard Houllier (1998-2004):

League Cup 2001 & 2003.

FA Cup 2001.

UEFA Cup 2001.

Super Cup 2001.

Charity Shield 2001.

Apart from

League Championship 1989

League Championdhip 1991

FA Cup winners 1993

and Wenger's honours, he has a point to be fair :D

In response to yet another bit of sarcasm from you, may I suggest that your concentration span can't be very well developed if you thought that was a long drawn out *responce*.  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

BTW There's no doubt you will have read it, but sadly you're like a few other people on here mate. You fail to answer questions when it dawns on you that the only answers that make any sense go against what you've been saying previously.

They are easy questions, Jon. Go on. Surprise me. Give them your best shot........

i didn't read it as i figured I have probably read it before 1000 times. My responce was very tongue in cheek, I would have thought you would have figured that out considering it was word for word something you wrote apart from one change!

Apart from

League Championship 1989

League Championdhip 1991

FA Cup winners 1993

The only mistake Liverpool made was keeping Evans for an extra year, if only we could complain about just 1 year. :wullie:

Apart from

League Championship 1989

League Championdhip 1991

FA Cup winners 1993

Aye, I do have a point. Arsenal appointed a shit manager in Bruce Rioch from a position of strength. Before that they went from a double winning team to not winning the league again for 18 years, appointing 3 managers in the process who all failed in the League. They won the FA Cup once in that time, but this is a club that wants to win the League more than the FA Cup. They've done better than us yes, but it shows it's not easy or automatic to get it right. 18 years! For them that was a time of failure in the league. Eventually they got it right, then they got it wrong again, then they got it right again. If it's so easy why don't they get it right every time?

Liverpool also appointed a shit manager in Evans and then made it worse by appointing 2 managers before getting it right with Hoolia on his own. Fred is slated now for sacking Robson. Imagine if he'd sacked Robson having won 5 trophies as Hoolia did? Doesn't bear thinking about, how fickle some people are.

So what's the problem? The point I'm making is it's not easy to get it right and you can't get it right all of the time. How many times did manure get it wrong before they appointed Ferguson?

i didn't read it as i figured I have probably read it before 1000 times. My responce was very tongue in cheek, I would have thought you would have figured that out considering it was word for word something you wrote apart from one change!

I've written it once, so it's doubtful you've read it 1000 times. You could also link to the post where I said the same thing apart from this one change you mention, if you like.

BTW Your response wasn't tongue in cheek, you just have no interest at all in debating football. I seriously believe that all you (and some othes) want to do is make a statement and have everyone accept it as gospel. Is that it? You can't stand it when someone challenges your view. I'll happily answer any challenge made to a statement I make, mate. It's a forum full of different opinion. If I make a statement I EXPECT to be challenged for it and can cope with that. Some can't, unfortunately. We don't have to agree mate, but I didn't previously have you down as one of that small group.

Cheers again

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I knew that would get a long drawn out responce, funny thing is I didn't even read it :lol:

In response to yet another bit of sarcasm from you, may I suggest that your concentration span can't be very well developed if you thought that was a long drawn out *responce*. bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

I doubt he will give you an answer, he's hit the bottle again, cue endless silly posts and childish behaviour.

I knew that would get a long drawn out responce, funny thing is I didn't even read it :lol:

In response to yet another bit of sarcasm from you, may I suggest that your concentration span can't be very well developed if you thought that was a long drawn out *responce*. bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

I doubt he will give you an answer, he's hit the bottle again, cue endless silly posts and childish behaviour.

Well I've had a foul arse the last couple of days otherwise I'd have hit the bottle anarl.

Well I've had a foul arse the last couple of days otherwise I'd have hit the bottle anarl.

Same old HTT, always hitting something and being violent.

Thug.

Same old HTT, always hitting something and being violent.

Thug.

I don't think the  Admin' will take kindly to being called a thug, mate.  :winking:

Aye, I do have a point. Arsenal appointed a shit manager in Bruce Rioch from a position of strength. Before that they went from a double winning team to not winning the league again for 18 years, appointing 3 managers in the process who all failed in the League. They won the FA Cup once in that time, but this is a club that wants to win the League more than the FA Cup. They've done better than us yes, but it shows it's not easy or automatic to get it right. 18 years! For them that was a time of failure in the league. Eventually they got it right, then they got it wrong again, then they got it right again. If it's so easy why don't they get it right every time?

Liverpool also appointed a shit manager in Evans and then made it worse by appointing 2 managers before getting it right with Hoolia on his own. Fred is slated now for sacking Robson. Imagine if he'd sacked Robson having won 5 trophies as Hoolia did? Doesn't bear thinking about, how fickle some people are.

So what's the problem? The point I'm making is it's not easy to get it right and you can't get it right all of the time. How many times did manure get it wrong before they appointed Ferguson?

Who are these three managers Arsenal appointed who "failed" to win the league since the double?

Bertie Mee is the one who won the double, Terry Neil won (and "failed" blueyes.gif) the FA Cup, Don Howe failed to win anything as far as I'm aware, then came George Graham who again won the League.  Are we discounting Bertie Mee or George Graham?  I'm just interested so that I know how history is being re-written, I'd hate to get it wrong.

You have a go at Liverpool for having two managers, 1 of the two went on to have more success in 1 season than we've had since at least the 50's.  Bollocks, Evans had more domestic success than we've had since 1955 by winning the League Cup yet he's shit. bluebiggrin.gif

If this is all failure, what does that make our 1 Intertoto Cup success? bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

:lol:

For fucks sake!  :wullie:

Had a couple more thoughts about strikers I'd like us to have at least a look at before we have to go for a more expensive option: both Collins John and Dave Nugent are youngish hungry goalscorers who I think could do a very good job for us given the responsibility of being first chioce for the rest of this season and learning from the bench when Owen returns next year.

I'd love Robbie Keane as well, a natural goalscorer, a 'fox in the box' if you will. Berbatov and Defoe seem to be the starters at the moment, although I think RK is injured. Anyone reckon we could prize him away for £5-7m?

I've written it once, so it's doubtful you've read it 1000 times. You could also link to the post where I said the same thing apart from this one change you mention, if you like.

BTW Your response wasn't tongue in cheek, you just have no interest at all in debating football. I seriously believe that all you (and some othes) want to do is make a statement and have everyone accept it as gospel. Is that it? You can't stand it when someone challenges your view. I'll happily answer any challenge made to a statement I make, mate. It's a forum full of different opinion. If I make a statement I EXPECT to be challenged for it and can cope with that. Some can't, unfortunately. We don't have to agree mate, but I didn't previously have you down as one of that small group.

Cheers again

Sorry lets get back to discussing football, how does it go again? Oh yeah

WOOP WOOP!!! BORING ALERT

bluesleep.gif

gay.gif

Please let me know if I missed anything  bluewink.gif

Cheers again

Sorry lets get back to discussing football, how does it go again? Oh yeah

WOOP WOOP!!! BORING ALERT

bluesleep.gif

gay.gif

Please let me know if I missed anything  bluewink.gif

Looks like AS9 was right.

So thats not how you discuss football? Im confused, I carefully studied your football "discussions" and noticed a pattern then just went for it.

Now its wrong apparently so what did I do? I missed out a smiley didn't I?  bluesigh.gif

From SSN...

Rennes are bracing themselves for potential English interest in two of their star defenders in January.

Former Chelsea and Birmingham right-back Mario Melchiot has reportedly caught the eye of Newcastle, whilst Reading are still believed to be following John Mensah despite his recent injury problems.

Dutch defender Melchiot has impressed since arriving in French football in the summer and is an attractive proposition given his contract expires in the summer.

As such, the former Chelsea man could be a cut-price option for an injury-hit Magpies side that saw 23-year-old Peter Ramage installed as the senior member of their back four in the 2-1 defeat to Bolton.

Reading are also casting around for potential recruits in January as they look to build on their fine first half of the season in the Premiership, and Steve Coppell could reignite his interest in Ghana defender Mensah.

The Rennes star had the chance to move to The Madejski Stadium for £3.5million in August and could again emerge as a target for the English club despite his long absence due to a thigh injury.

Meanwhile, Rennes are continuing to pursue their interest in Portsmouth schemer Niko Kranjcar, with the French side offering young midfielder Arnold Mvuemba as bait.

if Garath Bale and Melciot did come in January it shows that Roeder has totally lost patience with the consistent piss taking by Babayaro and Carr and there little injuries.

That would be great news i think :thup:

I mean if Roeder has finally realised that these two are the weakest positions in our team

If we can sign Bale and someone else instead of Melciot would be the best start of the New Year :lol: