***The Quote-tastic thread***

Guest smoggeordie

If we don't have anyone new through the door within the first half of the month i'll be slightly annoyed. We've had four months or so to conduct any transfer arrangements, etc, aswell as January itself. It's a pathetic show of management/chairmanship if we're doing deals on the last day again.

13th January: Mark Viduka - £2m

Seriously?

Some deals may go through, but you'll be surprised and pissed off if some players don't move until the last moment while waiting out for the best possible deal they can get?

I didn't really phrase it correctly. I meant that if we're doing deadline-day panic deals a la Rossi, Sibi, Bernard... it's a pathetic display of management/chairmanship.

But i will be disappointed, atleast, if we don't have anyone in fairly early. I don't see why we shouldn't... i bet you that many of the top teams will have put deals through within the first couple of weeks. Why can't we?

Thats the "I have been owned again" sign come out like it so often does. Well done mate just keep blabbering on now that will make it all go away  :thup: :lol:

What are you on about now, mate?

My 'reply' was to your *previous* post. As I said to you the last time you moaned about this the other day, I'll do this in response to your *earlier* sarcastic snipes but I won't do it out of the blue. Do you understand the concept of sequence?

There were a couple of questions in there by the way.

Just a question. Do you think the club should up the ante to get a player early? Pay over the odds, or something, in either transfer fee or player wages to get the deal done 2 weeks sooner?

Yes.

We tried the 'softly softly' approach in the summer thinking we could snap up all of our targets in the last few days and it blew up in our faces, if there is money to spend then lets not mess it up this time.

Just a question. Do you think the club should up the ante to get a player early? Pay over the odds, or something, in either transfer fee or player wages to get the deal done 2 weeks sooner?

Yes.

We tried the 'softly softly' approach in the summer thinking we could snap up all of our targets in the last few days and it blew up in our faces, if there is money to spend then lets not mess it up this time.

We also tried the "let's give them an offer they can't refuse and sign them up quickly" approach two years ago and look what happened.

So what rumours have we got going around at the moment?

Bale & Barnes link, but it was only GR stating how good they are, and not that were preparing a bid for them and with Arsenal looking at Bale, and fee's of £7m being talked about with links to Manu, were out of the picture with that one.

Woodgate yet again, which is a bad move, if he did return he'd break down within 10mins and be injured for the next 10months, and if he was to move anywhere, it would be back to Madrid as both player and manager would prefer that right now.

Crouch wasn't going anywhere, but is getting unhappy with Rafa at the moment, a non starter of a link, but there could be more to it than we 1st thought. For £7m i would.

Pierre Boya sounds utter shit, expect him to be signed.

Carew story denied, would of been a good loan move.

Knight & a couple others have been ruled out by GR, cant remember if that included Distin or woody.

Fatduka talk never dies, even if his footballing ability did some 10,000 pies ago. Doubt smogs would sell to us, plus GR must know fatboy is a toon hate figure.

Thankfully nothing more has become of the Stelios talk, good news there, close call, phew.

Out:

Luque should be going back to Spain but probably a loan,

Milner is staying, MON now looking elsewhere.

Parker apparently not being sold, so WHU move out of the pic (which is just putting old manager, new club plus money together = paper bollocks, imo)

So nothing excites there, and nothing looks like a real target for us apart from Boya, expect him to be our 1st signing.

Yes.

We also tried the "let's give them an offer they can't refuse and sign them up quickly" approach two years ago and look what happened.

Who are you referring to?

Yes.

Aye - we signed one of the best strikers in the world if i remember correctly.

Are you saying Owen's injury is directly linked to the amount of money we paid for him?

Crouch wasn't going anywhere, but is getting unhappy with Rafa at the moment, a non starter of a link, but there could be more to it than we 1st thought. For £7m i would.

Why the hell would anybody pay £7m for a centre-forward who's scored just 10 goals in 40 Premier League games for Liverpool?

Yes.

Are you saying Owen's injury is directly linked to the amount of money we paid for him?

Two years ago, December 27th, 2004...5 days later we signed Boumsong.

Yes.

:thup:

I don't think you're the type to say you want them to up the ante and then moan later on when it becomes public knowledge.

Yes.

Gotcha. :thup:

Yes.

And loads of people were happy at the time with that.

Yes.

I don't think Boumsong would have been any less a disaster or any cheaper if we had signed him 3 weeks later tbh.

If you want someone bad enough then you're better off paying the money and getting them signed up rather than holding out for a bargain and ending up with nothing.

I don't think Boumsong would have been any less a disaster or any cheaper if we had signed him 3 weeks later tbh.

If you want someone bad enough then you're better off paying the money and getting them signed up rather than holding out for a bargain and ending up with nothing.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=14882207%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Look at the photo of O'Brien. bluelaugh.gif

In the meantime, United have fended off a "tentative" inquiry from Wigan boss Paul Jewell for their centre-half Andy O'Brien (pictured).

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=14882207%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Look at the photo of O'Brien. bluelaugh.gif

In the meantime, United have fended off a "tentative" inquiry from Wigan boss Paul Jewell for their centre-half Andy O'Brien (pictured).

Funny how things change so quickly.

As it happens, Rangers would glady take United left-back Olivier Bernard as part of the deal. But Rangers are so hard up they could not afford the wages Bernard has currently turned down at St James' Park as negotiations over his new contract have stalled.

Funny how things change so quickly.

As it happens, Rangers would glady take United left-back Olivier Bernard as part of the deal. But Rangers are so hard up they could not afford the wages Bernard has currently turned down at St James' Park as negotiations over his new contract have stalled.

It's a pity the bloke who wrote the article is still writing, I've been going through some of his other articles and seeing how often he changes his mind about the same subject. bluebiggrin.gif

We need two strikers but I reckon we'll only get one. We'll probably get a left back and maybe a central defender.

I can see Roeder going for "Prem-experienced players with a point to prove" as he trotted out last time. Someone like Wes Brown would strike me as the sort of player we would target.

anyone know if rico gardner from bolton is available? he hasnt been playing much lately, so he may be coming back from injury. but he'd be a good pickup.

anyone know if rico gardner from bolton is available? he hasnt been playing much lately, so he may be coming back from injury. but he'd be a good pickup.

More injury prone than Dyer, was a good player some 7-8 years ago, nothing special imo.

I'm hoping on some early action this time and Roeder has just about said as much. We don't have enough fit players to get us through games (excluding the kids) and if we don't make some signings before January 6th they would be cup-tied in the FA Cup. I'm sure Roeder knows this and I think we'll have a couple through the door quickly - like Babayaro and Boumsong a few years ago but hopefully this time the players will be better!

If we don't have anyone new through the door within the first half of the month i'll be slightly annoyed. We've had four months or so to conduct any transfer arrangements, etc, aswell as January itself. It's a pathetic show of management/chairmanship if we're doing deals on the last day again.

13th January: Mark Viduka - £2m

You must have been fucking fuming when we signed Woodgate!  :lol:

Guest AussieNUFC

How about Serdar Tasci from Stuttgart. Showing alot of promise. To feature on a regular basis at centre half at 20 is no small feat. Especially in the Bundersliga.