***Official Takeover Talk Thread***

Guest smoggeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Bramble OG

“Everybody wants to buy this club and they talk the talk but can they walk the walk?”

Another classic FFS Quote!! You can just imagine what a cocky arsehole this bloke is to try and deal with!!

What do you expect him to say, like?

"The club is shit, nobody wants to buy and I'm desperate to sell. Here it is for a fiver".

The club lost out when Souness effectively did that with players he didn't want. He's talking the club up, why should he do anything different?

Doh!

I wasnt saying he was doing the right or wrong thing just that he sounds like a Idiot(again)!!

But comon, Everyone one wants to buy us?..just like everyone wanted to manage us....We''ll end up with a souness/roeder equivalent takeover, Maybe a Butlins or a Aldi/netto attached to the side of SJP

“Everybody wants to buy this club and they talk the talk but can they walk the walk?”

Another classic FFS Quote!! You can just imagine what a cocky arsehole this bloke is to try and deal with!!

What do you expect him to say, like?

"The club is shit, nobody wants to buy and I'm desperate to sell. Here it is for a fiver".

The club lost out when Souness effectively did that with players he didn't want. He's talking the club up, why should he do anything different?

Doh!

I wasnt saying he was doing the right or wrong thing just that he sounds like a Idiot(again)!!

But comon, Everyone one wants to buy us?..just like everyone wanted to manage us....We''ll end up with a souness/roeder equivalent takeover, Maybe a Butlins or a Aldi/netto attached to the side of SJP

That's impossible from what I've read on here. We can only be taken over by some group that is better.

we are clearly doing a villa. narrowly avoid relegation this season, bought out in the summer, (decent) new manager in the summer, sizeable transfer kitty, top 5 finishes. Then from there I'm not sure what happens...

£25m January transfer-kitty if the deal goes through.  blueeek.gif

Surley even if the Halls sell today its not going to be all over and done in time for the transfer window?

they would effectively loan the club the money prior to the takeover going through

t

Lend Freddy £25 mill to spend  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Brave, very brave.

Surley even if the Halls sell today its not going to be all over and done in time for the transfer window?

they would effectively loan the club the money prior to the takeover going through

I'm pretty sure that's what happened with Pompey last winter.

Cant see them giving Glenn £25m. Do you mean if they have appointed a new manager then he will get it?

Cant see them giving Glenn £25m. Do you mean if they have appointed a new manager then he will get it?

Don't think they can force a new manager until they own out right cna they ? 41% if they buy out SJH but if its not all done by January thay cant sack Roeder.

Haha, yeah.

"Right, there's £1.5m to pay off Roeder, £500,000 to bring in *******, and £25m for HIM to spend...you got that Fred?"

"Um, oh yes, us Geordies understand. *Gets on phone to PSV*. Hello, is Kluivert available?"

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has rejected reports that a takeover bid has been tabled for the club.

Reports on Friday claimed the Belgravia Group were ready to launch a bid for the St James' Park outfit.

The Jersey-based investment group have been linked with a possible takeover of Newcastle for some time and reports had suggested a formal bid was imminent.

However, Shepherd has moved to play down the reports insisting there has been no offer made for the club.

"It's very simple. If there was a bid put in, I'm obliged to report it to the Stock Exchange and to the shareholders and I would certainly do that," Shepherd told Sky Sports News.

"There has been no bid put in for Newcastle United Football Club.

"Off the pitch any club, any business gets damaged when people are constantly referring to bids or one thing or another."

Haha, yeah.

"Right, there's £1.5m to pay off Roeder, £500,000 to bring in *******, and £25m for HIM to spend...you got that Fred?"

"Um, oh yes, us Geordies understand. *Gets on phone to PSV*. Hello, is Kluivert available?"

:winking: My main point was that they are not going to give Glenn £25m to spend in Jan when undoubtedly they will have plans to bring in their own guy and let him use the cash wisely.

maybe if belgravia take over they will poll all newcastle fans and ask who we want as manager and go get him as a good will gesture ,the majority of the muppets with no brains will ask for hitzfeld when what we need is ian dowie.

maybe if belgravia take over they will poll all newcastle fans and ask who we want as manager and go get him as a good will gesture ,the majority of the muppets with no brains will ask for hitzfeld when what we need is ian dowie.

Hoo what, are you for real?

/off for a beer to celebrate this mad world. :lol:

Hoo what, are you for real?

/off for a beer to celebrate this mad world. :lol:

tongue firmly in cheek mate

I wonder if a new owner would want a new managment structure in place after seeing the decline under our last two managers .IF they want to show the world they mean business i would say get a top coach in straight away and get the fans on there side , like buying a house and not decorating ,you need to put your own mark on it .

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Wouldn't it make sense to have a manager waiting in the wings?  It would be quite a move if they had Hitzfield all lined up to step in as soon as the takeover went through.  They must have been monitoring NUFC and the "campaign" when it was in full swing.