Shin Pads

Alberto2005

you can see them on this pic, although very small. it is a rule to wear them

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72836868.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6A0D003A9D4C35F5659D55AD35CA51490

Guest toon tone rudeboy

They are the compression type with the pad held to the shin by a thin sleeve that goes over it eliminating straps.  They seem a bit small for his size though...

My mate got some really smart ones from America. In the same fashion as a gum shield you put the shinpads in boiling water to soften the plastic and then fit them to your legs so you can shape them to fit your shins exactly.

I've always found shinpads very cumbersome to play in, which is why i never bother with them in 5 a side.

My mate got some really smart ones from America. In the same fashion as a gum shield you put the shinpads in boiling water to soften the plastic and then fit them to your legs so you can shape them to fit your shins exactly.

I've always found shinpads very cumbersome to play in, which is why i never bother with them in 5 a side.

You'd wear them if I was playing against you, mate.  :winking: :lol:

Guest toon tone rudeboy

It is Under Armor.  They usually make undershirts that keep the heat in and moisture out etc. etc.  It is a popular item with the gridiron players to wear under their pads.  They have recently started with soccer equipment.

That bad at tackling?

also here. close thread

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72513106.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A62D6CD84030DF569F4EF3EA9A178B7582

My manager would go spare if our socks were that far down!!!

That bad at tackling?

In point of fact, I wasn't bad when I was younger but I was never much good at tackling. Think of Shola Ameobi tackling and you'll get the idea.

I remember when I was 10-11, in training I nicked the ball in front of an opposing kid who was going to shoot and his follow through kick me right in the shin, and snapped the pad in two.

Pretty much since then, I couldnt play without them. Used to feel weird if I didnt have them on, even in training.

The shinnies pros wear are ridiculously small. Might as well not bother, they're like those crappy £3 ones the losers used to wear at school. I have Umbro ones, like a sock thing with ankle protection too. Not that they get worn anymore, like.