Curtis Davies rumour becoming stronger

NUFC06

i also think that a back four of solano and taylor alongside davies and an experienced left back could be the best solution for us.

the left back needs to be very solid defensively, so that the two young ones in the centre feels more certain and confident.

the reason why solano is important, is his footballing abilities. This makes him one of the best technical defenders around, and that may improve our distribution from defence greatly. i'd also like to see given roll the ball to nobby more often, so we can bring it forward from there....

have any of youse seen much of him? Must say I've no idea how good he is.....all i've heard is the hype that surrounds the fella, is he that good then? Not a Bramble mark II (or is that Anton Ferdinand?)?

I saw him quite a lot (more in his Luton days) and he just looked a class above. They played Ajax in a preseason game when they had the likes of Van Der Vaart and Zlatan playing for them and he looked so comfortable and as if he should have been on the other side.

i also think that a back four of solano and taylor alongside davies and an experienced left back could be the best solution for us.

the left back needs to be very solid defensively, so that the two young ones in the centre feels more certain and confident.

the reason why solano is important, is his footballing abilities. This makes him one of the best technical defenders around, and that may improve our distribution from defence greatly. i'd also like to see given roll the ball to nobby more often, so we can bring it forward from there....

Absolutely, I hate the way its always punt it down the field most times Given has the ball. But I guess you can hardly rely on anyone thats played on the Left (and for the most part Carr) to collect the ball from given and use it. 9/10 they would give it away and it would be suicidal.

Its not a new problem though, it should have been fixed long before Roeder was at the club.

Absolutely, I hate the way its always punt it down the field most times Given has the ball. But I guess you can hardly rely on anyone thats played on the Left (and for the most part Carr) to collect the ball from given and use it. 9/10 they would give it away and it would be suicidal.

Its not a new problem though, it should have been fixed long before Roeder was at the club.

agreed - but i think a new lb and cb along with keeping nobby at rb could finally be our way out of that annoying habit.

but i dont want given to roll the ball to likes of carr, ramage, baba, huntington etc. - as you said, suicide that is!

Guest Knightrider

I haven't seen much of him so won't comment but I'll say this - we don't need anymore youngsters at the back, we need experience and spending such a huge amount on a young defender, regardless of his potential, will be a small sidestep and nothing more. Buy players with potential when we can afford to, when we are on top, not as we are stuck in a rut. Madness.

At this stage of the transfer window I would be over the moon to see him here, do not see it happening though.

Skirge mate you'd be happy if we signed Boris Johnson!  :D

Only if he did the flying nutt cracker headbutt tackle every game. :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

formerl club academy director spunks stupid money on a young English defender to replace clubs own failing youth academy products

TBH

Are you on drugs again??? ???

are you starting threads about bollocks again?

adding your unique brand of football knowledge?

At this stage of the transfer window I would be over the moon to see him here, do not see it happening though.

Skirge mate you'd be happy if we signed Boris Johnson!  :D

To be honest, at this point I'd be happy if we signed the entire Thailand national squad just for the heck of it.

Guest mishka17

is he really that good? no dissrespect-but 10milions + titus is way to much for such a defender ... but, ofcourse-i can be wrong, and he can turn out to be one big fookin cyborg

IMO he is probably the best defender in the championship and will grow to be one of the best in the world. It is like Martins, everyone thought 10million was a lot but he has repaid the faith that was shown in him. Davies would be a great signing for this football club and with an quality left back (Baines, Bridge, etc) then i think we could start thinking about the UEFA cup again.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont think he is a £10m player at the moment but will probably grow into one.

What? You mean he is going to morph into Gallas

I don't think we've got £9 million to spend or anything like. The bit about 'we always back our managers' is crap. We spent nothing last January, and from the way we were carrying on at the end of the last transfer window, trying to sell Milner to fund a bid for a centre back, there's unlikely to be much leeway now.

Guest elbee909

is he really that good? no dissrespect-but 10milions + titus is way to much for such a defender ... but, ofcourse-i can be wrong, and he can turn out to be one big fookin cyborg

It'd be 6 million without Bramble... but it's 10 million if Bramble goes their way.  Fair enough :)

I don't think we've got £9 million to spend or anything like. The bit about 'we always back our managers' is crap. We spent nothing last January, and from the way we were carrying on at the end of the last transfer window, trying to sell Milner to fund a bid for a centre back, there's unlikely to be much leeway now.

I hope its not like this ???

With the rumour becoming so much bigger and stronger all the time maybe we could give it a shirt and play it at centreback instead. I mean it's a young rumour but look how well all the other kids have done this season.

Should be able to mark Juan Pablo Angel at least...

Guest mishka17

It'd be 6 million without Bramble... but it's 10 million if Bramble goes their way.  Fair enough :)

cruel :)