Seven Million for Duff

Skirge

Have to say thats tempting, totaly injury prone has not impressed at all here and Spurs will pay us 7 mill for him. Yeah I know we have a thin squad but it snot like he is ever fit.

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has warned Tottenham that any approach for Damien Duff will fall on deaf ears.

Republic of Ireland international Duff is closing on a return to fitness and reports are suggesting Spurs chief Martin Jol may test Newcastle's resolve to keep the winger this month.

Duff only arrived at Newcastle from Chelsea in the summer and although he has not made the expected impact on account a couple of injuries, Roeder has no plans to let him move on.

"We have read the reports of Spurs wanting Damien Duff over the weekend, but we have heard nothing from them," Roeder told the Evening Chronicle.

"In any case, they must know they are wasting their time. Why would we sign Damien Duff in the close season and then sell him on before that season is over?

"We are trying to build a good squad here at Newcastle United and Duff is very much part of our plans."

One player on his way out of St James' Park is striker Carl Finnigan, with the 20-year set to move to Falkirk.

Finnigan proved a star turn at junior level, but has not made the step up and will hope for more luck in Scotland having agreed an 18-month deal.

Guest eyeball_tickler

I really would think about letting him go, but there must be a player in the deal from Spurs.

Roeder has other thoughts IMO

He officially said the whole story is not true

he officially said he didnt want the job.

But....Spurs never wanted Duff...Ask that Spurs supporter on the temp forum :D

For 7m it would be tempting, but I don't think we should be looking at selling anyone (except for the Spaniard). Our squad is simply too small.

I really would think about letting him go, but there must be a player in the deal from Spurs.

Roeder has other thoughts IMO

He officially said the whole story is not true

he officially said he didnt want the job.

And then changed his mind and took the job

At the moment this story is pure speculation

Guest Sniffer

It's not a case of being fickle. It's case of wheeling and dealing if overall you strengthen the team because it seems we aren't willing to spend any money. Keane would be a bigger help to us than Duff IMO.

Think some are a little too quick to write Duff off, a lot of quality players all over the league took time to settle in but are starting to show their true class. The whole team have been pretty shit so far and he is still settling in with injuries not helping.

That said I didn't think we needed him at the time and if it meant getting players in positions we need more urgently then I would do a deal.

No way. I'm confident he will come good in the next few months, just been unlucky so far.

Also I don't think we are that strong on the left wing anymore. Zog has been off form, Pattison has looked shit, so has Luque, O'Brien doesn't look anything special, Emre gives very poor cover to his left back and drifts inside too much and Milner is decent on the left but restricted by the fact that Nobby can't play 90 mins on the right wing anymore.

Also selling players is really gonna help our stength in depth.  ::)

Guest Hibbits left foot

Snap bite chew their hands off , but sell him!Re invest the cash in the defence where it should have been in the 1st place . CMON ROEDER WAKE UP FOR F SAKES!