Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

Aye but things like that are said all the time by players in the press, I really do hope he fks off Chelski and comes here but it never works out that way for us.

Just read that Fulham had a deal agree'd with his club but he refused to go to them.

Come on Fred get a fee agree'd and sign the fker!!

Standard Liège executive Dominique D'Onofrio has admitted that Olympique Marseille and Porto have joined the race for US defender Oguchi Onyewu, but says none of the suitors have reached an agreement.

Chelsea, Fulham, Lazio and Lyon are also pondering a move for the American Abroad, with the Cottagers having already had at least one offer beat back.

if we are to take a chance, he sounds like a decent player.

how about his mentality - is he calm enough? or will we just see another bramble/o'brien player?

only saw him in the World Cup butremember him more for committing that Bramble esque howler against Mexico when he lost his marker  which Borgetti then scored from

O0

Well am sort of 50-50 on this.

Shame it wasn't someone proven, but the guy looks huge, which is a good start, and the fact he's brought interest from Chelsea is also a good sign.

Good idea to take him on loan 1st, then if we like we finalise the deal.

£1.25m was the figure accepted by the club, seems cheap and my only worry apart from knowing fuk all about him.

Guest Darth Toon

Would certainly add some physical presence at the back!

Seems doubtful that we could get him on loan if so many clubs are wanting to buy him though. Hope we don't miss out through Glenn being over-cautious again - find it hard to believe he's good enough for Chelsea but we need to take a look at him first.

Seems doubtful that we could get him on loan if so many clubs are wanting to buy him though. Hope we don't miss out through Glenn being over-cautious again - find it hard to believe he's good enough for Chelsea but we need to take a look at him first.

Heh.

Whoever said Roeder shags with 4 condoms on is probably right.

I had thought he was a tall skinny player, a bit like Zat Knight, but looking at that video of him he is a monster, who also seems to have a decent touch, not to mention one hell of a throw in! If the fee is as little as £2m or less then a loan doesnt make much sense.

I had thought he was a tall skinny player, a bit like Zat Knight, but looking at that video of him he is a monster, who also seems to have a decent touch, not to mention one hell of a throw in! If the fee is as little as £2m or less then a loan doesnt make much sense.

Now the target has been ID'd we need to get the deal done asap, no fuking about and letting a London club sneak in with their capital pull bollocks, especially when its this fuking cold up here.

Heh.

Some genius no doubt ;)

Now the target has been ID'd we need to get the deal done asap, no fuking about and letting a London club sneak in with their capital pull bollocks, especially when its this fuking cold up here.

is it verified or more newcastle online wishful thinking ?....have the club/roeder/liege said owt yet?

is it verified or more newcastle online wishful thinking ?....have the club/roeder/liege said owt yet?

No idea tbh, am just taking peoples word for it.

I just heard a snip there from SSN's, basically there saying he's having a week trial 1st, before we make a decision on a loan, and then with an option to sign.

Make the 6 condoms for GR

Heh.

Some genius no doubt ;)

Oh was it you, i take it all back ;)

Aye but things like that are said all the time by players in the press, I really do hope he fks off Chelski and comes here but it never works out that way for us.

What?

Duff, Parker, Emre, Owen

Please list the many examples of it never working out that way for us.

aye the defender we were hoping to sign is no longer going to sign - it was someone from kiev

>:(

I hope thats not all there was.

25 days in and thats the best this club can do?

Blatently there are players out there, the USA tank for starters is looking for a move, so there is no excuse anymore.

Tight fuking cunt FFS is, hope he chokes on his morning rack of lamb.

sky sports have just announced we have pulled out of a deal for some serbian kid????

and that luque wont be going to villareal???

Got Tomasson in on loan...another perfectly fine target we could have got in. On loan as well so costs would be low.