Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

Guest Sniffer

Richard Dunne is one of the worst defenders in the league. If roeder had ever entertained the idea of buying him I'd support sunderland.

Thank Christ distin is going to spurs ( if it's true ) and not us. He is vastly overrated and will do them no good at all.

Don't agree there. Think him and Dunne are a very good partnership, and he did very well out-of-position for us.

Distin was shite for us.

Richard Dunne is one of the worst defenders in the league. If roeder had ever entertained the idea of buying him I'd support sunderland.

Bright lad.

Dunne is better than all of our defenders bar one, anyway.

Doesn't mean he's good enough.

No, but neither is 3/4 of the team. But he would improve us. If Shambles coming back is our best hope, we're completely fucked.

Richard Dunne is a good player  >:(

One of the worst defenders in the league? FFS man, have a word with yourself. Him and Distin are one of the best partnerships outside the top 4.

PS; for those who are interested I'm not sure on Distin going to Spurs. I'm more or less resigned to him being off in the summer but I'm not sure how much there is to this talk about bringing Mido to City. Not heard anything but baseless speculation on that, but we're also being linked to some bloke from Heerenveen - Alfonso Alves - and he has actually confirmed we're after him. Could be a little more to that one. ;)

PS; for those who are interested I'm not sure on Distin going to Spurs. I'm more or less resigned to him being off in the summer but I'm not sure how much there is to this talk about bringing Mido to City. Not heard anything but baseless speculation on that, but we're also being linked to some bloke from Heerenveen - Alfonso Alves - and he has actually confirmed we're after him. Could be a little more to that one. ;)

Alves looks a very good player but I dont think any club in England could sign him because of work permit issues as he's not an international and does not have a EU passport.

I suspect he will go to Ajax or PSV when either team sells their star strikers like Farfan or Huntelaar in the summer

Alves looks a very good player but I dont think any club in England could sign him because of work permit issues as he's not an international and does not have a EU passport.

I suspect he will go to Ajax or PSV when either team sells their star strikers like Farfan or Huntelaar in the summer

Alves played in Sweden before he went to Heerenveen. He's good but I don'nt think he'll ever be good enough for the Premiership. Too slow on the occations that I saw him live over here.

4 HOURS! :confused2:

It's like 24 only with 48 hours instead of 24.  :cheesy: 

Previously on 48:  *plunk.......plink.......plunk......plink* 

"Gimme the list, Glenn."

"The FUNDS, Freddy.  GIMME THE FUNDS!"

"You've got 48 hours to bring this guy in Glenn.  Don't let me down...."

*cut to Roeder on phone*

"Yeah, Gavrancic.......yeah.......he's WHAAAAAT?..........Worse than fucking Ramage?  Are you sure??!......FUCK A DUCK!"

The following takes place between 13:01 and 14:00 on the 26th of January 2007.

*plunk.....plink......plunk.....plink*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

Is there anyone else who thinks that Glenn is just lying to make us think that they are actually trying their best to get a player here.

One of the worst defenders in the league? FFS man, have a word with yourself. Him and Distin are one of the best partnerships outside the top 4.

What are you talking about??

One of the best outside the top 4??

Bolton:

Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye

Abdoulaye Meite

Portsmouth:

Linvoy Primus

Sol Campbell

Everton:

Joseph Yobo

Joleon Lescott

Tottenham:

Michael Dawson

Ledley King

All better then Dunn and Distin IMO

Im not saying they are bad defenders,just not one of the best outside the top 4 :2funny: :2funny:

Guest NSMagpie

0 (ZERO) HOURS AND NO STATEMENTS. THE DEFENDER HAS DECIDED. IT'S ALL OVER.

ALL HOPE IS LOST.   :buck2:

are you all there??

the defender was the kid from kiev, and the whole world found out yesterday that he wasnt coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense. Roeder wouldn't tell the supporters that he was looking to sign a bloke in the next 48 hours without even knowing how good he is.

It's all smoke and mirrors. I bet we have actually signed this unknown defender and have simply not released a statement just to make the end of the transfer window a bit more fun and exciting for the rest of us.

/guuuurr :cheesy:

Right, we just need to find out who is he? Cannavaro? Terry? Rio Ferdinand?  ;) Miracles happen, don't they?

It's Thuram as he can't get a game for Barca

Great. I hope Barca don't mind letting him go.

Bolton:

Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye

Abdoulaye Meite

Portsmouth:

Linvoy Primus

Sol Campbell

Everton:

Joseph Yobo

Joleon Lescott

Tottenham:

Michael Dawson

Ledley King

Im not saying they are bad defenders,just not one of the best outside the top 4 :2funny: :2funny:

i saw michael dawson and ledley king raped up here this season.

dunne and distin are quality

Bolton:

Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye

Abdoulaye Meite

Portsmouth:

Linvoy Primus

Sol Campbell

Everton:

Joseph Yobo

Joleon Lescott

Tottenham:

Michael Dawson

Ledley King

i saw michael dawson and ledley king raped up here this season.

dunne and distin are quality

well every person has his own opinion so...

Dunne and Distin have had a cracking partnership although its rocked at times this season, not least to Distins uncertainty.

Id agree they have been one of the better partnerships outside the top four. They compliment each other very well. Dunne is particularly underated.

sometimes Dunne gets a rough deal by other teams fans, cos they are thinking of the Richard Dunne of 3 / 4+ years ago, when he was in all sorts of trouble, seemed more interested in the booze, was totally out of shape and just generally a laughing stock.

But last season and this season he's been excellent. He's sorted his career out in a big way.

Dunne and Distin have had a cracking partnership although its rocked at times this season, not least to Distins uncertainty.

Id agree they have been one of the better partnerships outside the top four. They compliment each other very well. Dunne is particularly underated.

Can't really say i've noticed much about Dunne apart from the fact he's scored a few own goals.

Ya he's scored a few own goals (I can think of 3), he's had a few dodgy games (Wigan away this season, ouch), but from week to week he, along with Distin, are excellent, especially for a team of our level. We've kept 10 clean sheets in the league this season - Of all the teams in the league only Liverpool (14) have kept more. With Dunne, Distin and Richards (But not Jordan) our defense is comfortably better than most - we're almost totally reliant on it to earn our points...have you seen our strikeforce?!?

So no slagging em off  :knuppel2:

And no, he's not out of shape any more.