Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

Thinking about it i bet its Marco Andreolli, that young lad from Inter we were looking at back a month ago.

I reckon GR is not too sure on him and that's why he wants the loan deal 1st.

I'd be happy to have him here, sounds half decent, as long as we fix a price we cannot lose.

Thats if its him of course.

Edit: I hear Maxwell isnt getting games at Inter and they could be ready to move him on.

I would certainly take him, nevermind loan, full buy as he's a great quality.

I think he went on loan to another Italian club.

Nothing reported on Sky sports or other places, just interest from Torino, nothing concrete.

I'd take Julio Cruz on loan as well since Adriano is getting back in the team.

Perfect partner for Martins.

Second thoughts, I bet it's that Coco we had here on trial last season! :lol:

We had him on trail last week. Fucked him off after 2 days. Apparently he turned up smoking a fag - and it was all downhill from there.

:lol:

hehe, what a numpty.

For left back comparison, you dont get a greater difference than Stuart Pearce and that muppet.

can i just ask, why would man u want to loan one of their best defenders to newcastle when they are trying to win the title

he might not be getting his game but man u will want to keep him without a doubt for the squad and the title bid

can't see them loaning us another player ever after the rossi disaster

I can't think of a possible reason for them wanting to loan him to us, I just felt left out of the pointless wild-speculation over who we might possibly, maybe, perhaps, be considering, attempting to approach with a view to ascertaining  the likelihood of an opportunity of meeting to discussing the chance of asking the question of whether, or not, they would contemplate agreeing to think about signing for NUFC.

I reality, I reckon we won't sign anyone in this window at all.

Francesco Coco has angrily rejected reports suggesting a poor attitude was the reason for Manchester City cutting short his trial last week.

Internazionale defender Coco linked up with City last week for a trial as he tried to secure a move to Eastlands.

However, City cut short the loan of the former Italian international after only two days.

Reports had suggested City decided to abort his trial spell because of his attitude, but Coco has moved to refute the rumours.

"It's an incredible lie," Coco told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I am a serious professional, educated and respectful with others."

Coco claimed football reasons were the main reason why the trial spell at City did not work out.

"I left Manchester on good terms with the coach (Stuart Pearce).

"When they told me that City could use my services, I asked Inter's permission to travel to England for a couple of days.

"It didn't work out because the coach wanted to use me in a different position to what I am used to, full-back.

"After two days we realised that there was no point in wasting time as they already have two players in my position."

I think it's going to be him. :o

Francesco Coco has angrily rejected reports suggesting a poor attitude was the reason for Manchester City cutting short his trial last week.

Internazionale defender Coco linked up with City last week for a trial as he tried to secure a move to Eastlands.

However, City cut short the loan of the former Italian international after only two days.

Reports had suggested City decided to abort his trial spell because of his attitude, but Coco has moved to refute the rumours.

"It's an incredible lie," Coco told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I am a serious professional, educated and respectful with others."

Coco claimed football reasons were the main reason why the trial spell at City did not work out.

"I left Manchester on good terms with the coach (Stuart Pearce).

"When they told me that City could use my services, I asked Inter's permission to travel to England for a couple of days.

"It didn't work out because the coach wanted to use me in a different position to what I am used to, full-back.

"After two days we realised that there was no point in wasting time as they already have two players in my position."

I doubt it. You would have had him by now if you were interested. If they were willing to let him here for trials I doubt they would think twice about letting him go up there. None of this "hoping" and "next 48 hours" bollocks. And I also doubt there would be any level of secrecy over such a nothing player.

PS: He's full of shit. His comments make no sense unless for some reason Pearce was planning to play him on the wing.

Spectrum if you're still online, what full backs do you have that might possibly be loaned out - I'm going through the North West club as the other side of "coming across" to Newcastle

A young lad called Richards is in need of blooding, heard he's half decent like.

Guest NSMagpie

I don't think so. Coco played an one-off trial game for Newcastle a season and a half ago, and if we didn't sign him then, I don't think we would sign him now. In fact, he disappeared without a trace afther that short trial period.

I don't see a chance of signing him following such goodbye last time.

Besides, he's too low-profile player for all that fuss and secretive approach by the club.

Taking out the silly options (Sorry TT), there is Danny Mills, who is a bit shit but is definetly available for any kind of transfer, although he is injured; and Sun Jihai, who can play anywhere on the pitch (altho his positional sense isn't great), and is just coming back from a long injury layoff so its unclear what his future is. I doubt your mystery man is either of them.

Michael Ball is aiming to clinch a move to Manchester City before the close of the transfer window.

The PSV Eindhoven defender is training with City this week with the intention of securing a return to England.

Ball is out of the picture at PSV and revealed in December that he was keen to come back to the Premiership this month.

The former Everton full-back has seen his once promising career stagnate in recent seasons and is determined to impress City boss Stuart Pearce.

"This is a great opportunity for me to show at first hand what I can do," Ball told the club's official website.

The 27-year-old joined PSV from Rangers in 2005, but has been unable to make an impact with the Dutch champions.

He has been linked with Blackburn Rovers and Portsmouth, but could prove to be the replacement for Ben Thatcher, who left City for Charlton Athletic earlier in January.

Thank fuck for that.

I don't think so. Coco played an one-off trial game for Newcastle a season and a half ago, and if we didn't sign him then, I don't think we would sign him now. In fact, he disappeared without a trace afther that short trial period.

Besides, he's too low-profile player for all that fuss and secretive approach by the club.

We didn't sign him as we were worried about his long term fitness, since then he's had a really good season in Italy.

We didn't sign him as we were worried about his long term fitness, since then he's had a really good season in Italy.

Aye awesome, that's why he's been offloaded...  ;)

He was on loan at Livorno, Inter already have Grosso and Maxwell at left back.

Perhaps you should ask next time before talking about things you clearly know nothing about.

Guest NSMagpie

As a rule, Italian player with an advancing career rarely leaves Italy to play abroad. Italian World Cup winning team 2006. had all players in home teams. Only Juventus relegation by Italian federation changed that.

Of course, you have Zola, Cudicini, Di Matteo, Di Canio who all left some impact on English football, but they were all either considered past their best, or had some problems in Italy and were afetr a bigger salary. Unfortunately, Coco is certainly nowhere near their class. Therefore, we should be very careful.

As a rule, Italian player with an advancing career rarely leaves Italy to play abroad. Italian World Cup winning team 2006. had all players in home teams. Only Juventus relegation by Italian federation changed that.

Of course, you have Zola, Cudicini, Di Matteo, Di Canio who all left some impact on English football, but they were all either considered past their best, or had some problems in Italy and were afetr a bigger salary. Unfortunately, Coco is certainly nowhere near their class. Therefore, we should be very careful.

He's only on loan, if it doesn't work out we send him back.

Perhaps you should ask next time before talking about things you clearly know nothing about.

Perhaps you never engaged your brain before realising if he played so great Livorno would have stepped up their interest.... or wait are you going to tell me 2 quality left backs they have?

Perhaps you never engaged your brain before realising if he played so great Livorno would have stepped up their interest.... or wait are you going to tell me 2 quality left backs they have?

Because he damaged his Knee ligaments towards the end of last season and has only just been given the all clear to play again, add to that Livorno would never be able to match his wages as they only get crowds of 10,000.

I really hope that the player is Fabio Cannavaro.

Alessandro Nesta tbh

... and to my own surprise:

Rumors since the beginning of the 2006-2007 season have been ciruculating regarding a possible return to Lazio as he has yet to renew his contract with his current club Milan, which could allow him to leave on a free transfer in 2007. Nesta is being tracked by top European teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid.