Man U still gutted Shearer turned them down

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

;D

"Both Ryan and myself can never understand why any player would ever turn down Manchester United for Blackburn or Newcastle," said Neville.

"Other players we missed out on recently are Ronaldinho and Arjen Robben, but I'd have to say Shearer was the one we wish we'd got.

"I played with him in England games and he definitely had the mentality of a United player. Why he never came to United, I do not know.

"I can't understand that decision and I can't begin to understand what must have been going through someone's mind when they choose Blackburn and Newcastle over United."

Guest nufc_geordie
I can't understand that decision and I can't begin to understand what must have been going through someone's mind when they choose Blackburn and Newcastle over United."

Again, the reference to United instead of Man Utd, we aren't just Newcastle, we are Newcastle United. There are more than one f*cking United you f*cking Manc pr*ck!

Guest elbee909

You'd think he'd understand that it was the same hometown pride that took Shearer back to Newcastle that has kept Neville playing for Man Utd.  Duh.  :tickedoff:

;D"I can't understand that decision and I can't begin to understand what must have been going through someone's mind when they choose Blackburn and Newcastle over United."

The "Man U supporter mentality"

Clear case.

You cant even call it blind arrogance or inexplicable unjustified egotism.

Its FAR worse than that.

Well - we'd always thought of him and the rest of his fellow Man U as tossers, so we learnt nothing new.

Guest smoggeordie

Meh, in the same way we are still gutted we blew our 9 point lead that cost us the title, get over it, its in the past.. way in the past.

12 tbh  :-[

Guest smoggeordie

Just shows what attitude he has if he cannot contemplate a player choosing the club he loves.

12 tbh

they had a game in hand on 12 though, so it was effectively  9

But the table said 12, so it was 12.  8)

Meh, in the same way we are still gutted we blew our 9 point lead that cost us the title, get over it, its in the past.. way in the past.

12 tbh  :-[

Yeah - the stinking rags never let us forget that.

But note how quick they were to forget how Man U lost a THIRTEEN point lead to Arsenal 2 years later.

You'd think he'd understand that it was the same hometown pride that took Shearer back to Newcastle that has kept Neville playing for Man Utd.  Duh.  :tickedoff:

He does have the excuse of being a mancunian turd though.

Unlike MOST of their supporters, who are gloryhunter turds from everywhere else BUT Manchester.

He's not from Manchester, he's from Bury.

Poor old Gary. Local pride took Shearer to Newcastle, I think its local pride that has meant Gary Neville has worked so hard  throughout his career, in the hope that one day he'll be good enough to play for his local team. This article is more of a cry of frustration that he's not been able to improve enough to meet their desperately low standards and is instead left with fellow reject "Ryan" and the rest of those cunts. :uglystupid2:

God I hope one day some scouser meets him in a bar and puts a bottle through his gormless fuckwit face.  Never liked him, cocky, arrogant, manc.

Guest Kenton Magpie

You can understand his fustrations, afterall if King Al did opt for Manure they would have won far more than they currently have!

In a selfish, personal career-wise view, he's probably got a point. Look at Alan Smith - he patently wasn't going to stay with Leeds with Man Utd wanting him.

However, he's forgetting about a little thing called dreams - Shearer wanted to play for his hometown club. We were half-decent then anyway.

TBH he pissed his career down the drain by joining us, however he lived the dream. What would you do, join you boyhood team and forever go down in history as the greatest player/goal scorer or sit at home watching a cabinet full of trophies.

TBH he pissed his career down the drain by joining us, however he lived the dream. What would you do, join you boyhood team and forever go down in history as the greatest player/goal scorer or sit at home watching a cabinet full of trophies.

He joined because at the time we were the second best team in the country, possibly even the best and looked like we would win things. If he was 27, playing for Blackburn now, and Man U & Newcastle bid 15 million quid for him, do you think he'd turn Man Utd down for us? No way would he.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Shearer NEVER turned Man U down. Jack Walker the Chairman of Blackburn didn't like them and he upped the price they had to pay to get him by a huge amount, way ahead of that quoted to the Toon. When Man U found out, they pulled out.

Al himself said that he was actually house-hunting in the Manchester area when the deal collapsed. The story that he turned them down because of the pull of his home town etc is a nice one and adds to the legend but I heard it wasn't true. There were other factors that came into it way ahead of it being his home team and of course, money played the biggest part.