Duff Rubbishes Rumours.

Skirge

Newcastle ace Damien Duff has rubbished rumours linking him with a move away from St James' Park.

Reports earlier this month linked the former Chelsea man with a possible move to Tottenham.

However, the Republic of Ireland international has moved to quash the rumours insisting he is happy on Tyneside.

"I'm going nowhere because I love it up here and I'm desperate to do well for the club," Duff told the club's official website.

Duff has endured a disappointing start to his Newcastle career with injuries disrupting his progress since arriving from Chelsea.

The flying winger is now closing in on a return to fitness and he is determined to show the Newcastle faithful his true worth in the remaining weeks of the season.

"Newcastle fans certainly haven't seen the best of me and it's been a very frustrating two months," added Duff.

"Even when I was playing before my injury I wouldn't say I was at my sharpest.

"I didn't really have a pre-season and it's only when I look back now that I realise I maybe was a yard off the pace.

"But I'm working hard to get back to my best and I'm sure the fans will see that."

I havent written him off but I just think its another one of those interviews where he was not going to say anything else. He was not going to to say "well Spurs came in for me and I really wanted to go, but the club refused to sell me as we have a very thin squad here."

He has not impressed like I thought he would but he is stilla  quality player and once he finds some fitness I think we will then see some form from him.

I think he'll come good, he was poor at the beginning of the season but who wasn't?

Now Martins has settled and Dyer is back in the team I think he'll become more of a team player for us, still doesn't help not having a decent left back capable of overlapping him down the wing.

Great boost to have him back, lets hope he can stay fit and really show us what he is all about.

If we can get him back playing to his best he and Milner will be fantastic for us on either wing.

Despite the cliche, he will be like having a new player, I just hope he puts his problems behind him and come out fighting, ala good form rather than Dyer/Bowyer stylee.

Like someone else mentioned, lets see him when the likes of Emre and Dyer are in the team. Hes a player who relies on space and movement, we dont have as much of that with sibers and co in.

Duffs a good player, at worst he's just severely out of form but it will return.

Duff can still be a decent signing for us. If he continues in the vain of form that we saw prior to his injury, i'd be surprised. I can't imagine he'll return to his best any time soon, but he'll certainly improve. Hopefully he can follow in Martins footsteps and come back from injury raring to go.