Oh dear - sad stuff on .com

Dave

Monaco, not

Mags for Cedric 

January's transfer window closed with Glenn Roeder failing in his twin objectives of borrowing a striker and discarding Albert Luque.

The latter part of the bargain had seemed sorted, with both player and PSV Eindhoven apparently in agreement over a loan deal taking to Spaniard to the Netherlands for the rest of the season.

However, our failure to acquire suitable striking cover then saw Newcastle pull the plug on the Luque deal.

With St.Etienne forward Frédéric Piquionne preferring to join Monaco on loan and United dismissing various other offers of strikers from agents, we inexplicably opted to hang on to Luque.

Interestingly though, the Dutch released a statement expressing their disappointment with the move falling through but chose to pinpoint the blame of on our "obstructive" chairman.

That'll be the same chairman who never, ever, ever interferes with transfers.

PS - informed speculation has it that former Magpie Andy Cole was one of those players offered to us and rejected.

As I said...i cannot understand why there are still some "pro FF people". Still think that anybody would be better. He is lying whenever he opens his mouth (the queue of good managers, the always backing when it comes to transfers, his ensurance that he has nothing to do with transfer decisions, etc.). I am getting sick of that fat bastard...  :(

If the rumour that the Dutch wanted US to pay half his wages are true, then I'm not surprised he told them to stick it up their arsenhole :tickedoff:

If the rumour that the Dutch wanted US to pay half his wages are true, then I'm not surprised he told them to stick it up their arsenhole :tickedoff:

But luque agreed to be paid less meaning we weren't picking up the remaining, thats what i heard anyway.

Were not going to play him this season, so we might as well had the financial break (£800k) for 5months.

The guy is clueless.

Fact is though if Martins did get injured for a long period, Luque would be needed. Therefore as much as I hate him we can't let him go.

If Martins, Sibbi, Dyer, Duff & N'Zogbia were hit by a bus tomorrow, while Ameobi & Owen were lost at sea, Luque still wouldn't make the bench.

Halves the remaining outgoing to a player that doesn't play, and gives him a stage to impress and possibly raise the transfer fee we can demand for him in the summer.

But luque agreed to be paid less meaning we weren't picking up the remaining, thats what i heard anyway.

Were not going to play him this season, so we might as well had the financial break (£800k) for 5months.

The guy is clueless.

No thats what you read on a speculative shite website.

If opinion is masquerading as fact in the post-window depression then why not this version.

PSV approach us for Luque but wont pay half his wages, freddy tells them no, Luque wants to go. PSV think, lets wait untill one day before window closes when their arses are going as no one has come in for him and ask again.

They offer the same deal hoping that we are desperate enough for him to go. That is the sort of game you can play if, like PSV, you arent crying out desperately for someone but fancy them as a useful addition to the squad.

They come back with same offer, Luque is pleading to be let go and Freddy obstructs the deal because PSV are taking the piss. Any other explanation is just pejorative bollocks.

The guy is clueless.

If opinion is masquerading as fact in the post-window depression then why not this version.

PSV approach us for Luque but wont pay half his wages, freddy tells them no, Luque wants to go. PSV think, lets wait untill one day before window closes when their arses are going as no one has come in for him and ask again.

They offer the same deal hoping that we are desperate enough for him to go. That is the sort of game you can play if, like PSV, you arent crying out desperately for someone but fancy them as a useful addition to the squad.

They come back with same offer, Luque is pleading to be let go and Freddy obstructs the deal because PSV are taking the piss. Any other explanation is just pejorative bollocks.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~974115,00.html

How that interplays with Shepherd's supposed obstruction, I don't know - I haven't read the statement. But it does mean a deal was agreed with all parties (as far as Roeder was aware, anyway) subject to our obtaining a replacement - something we ultimately failed to achieve.

Halves the remaining outgoing to a player that doesn't play, and gives him a stage to impress and possibly raise the transfer fee we can demand for him in the summer.

Agree totally. Chance for him to regain his spark and us to save £25k a week. Clubs had agreed the deal which was only blocked at the last minute. Total fiasco. Why we didn't get a forward in the first week of Jan is the real question here.

The guy is clueless.

Good post, I doubt it'll make much of an impression on some though. Let's face facts here. We don't sign anyone, they moan. We sign someone, they moan. We don't sell someone, they moan. We do sell someone, they moan. Fred appoints a manager with a great track record,  they moan. Fred appoints someone who doesn't have a great track record, they moan.

It's absolutely hilarious stuff.

Sheppard is soooooo stupid!

It's obvious that Roeder isn't going to pick Luque, so why not take the best deal on offer and pay a bit of his wages instead of paying all of them. The fact is it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if he was in holland or here at st james, the outcome would be the same: we wouldn't see him playin!!! :idiot2:

Sheppard is soooooo stupid!

It's obvious that Roeder isn't going to pick Luque, so why not take the best deal on offer and pay a bit of his wages instead of paying all of them. The fact is it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if he was in holland or here at st james, the outcome would be the same: we wouldn't see him playin!!! :idiot2:

If Martins gets injured, i think you will see him playing, like the last time he was out for a few games.

However, your logic states its better to pay money for having nothing than to pay for having something. Thats proper  :idiot2: