Dyer in England squad

Dave

David James has been consistently inconsistent for over a decade now. He has 6 months of brilliance but is liable to falter at any given moment and i'm sorry, is definitely NOT international standard. One of Eriksson's biggest mistakes wasting too many games playing DJ.

Aye, Parker being included makes me laugh anarl.

Dawson makes me laugh but there's no way Taylor should be in there either, if he was I'd laugh at that as well tbh. Good to see Woodgate back in there and I'm also pleased for Phil Neville, who is under-rated imo.

Both the Neville's are underrated, I'd argue. From what I've seen of Phil lately I think he's been immense, would have been a quality signing for us, although many would have poo-poo'ed it at the time. Wonder if we could snatch him in the summer? ...Seriously. Doubt he would join now like, and probably doesn't want to leave the North West.

Aye. Agreed.

The following are the players included in England National Team against Spain.

Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Kirkland (Wigan Athletic), Ben Foster (Manchester United, on loan to Watford)

Wayne Bridge (Chelsea)

John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Jonathan Woodgate (Middlesbrough on loan from Real Madrid)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur)

Gary Neville (Manchester United), Phil Neville (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City)

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Scott Parker (Newcastle United), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Joey Barton (Manchester City)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)

Andy Johnson (Everton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

It is a huge squad without a doubt, and I can understand that why the likes of James, Campbell and Beckham are left out.

But why is Carson omitted while the good but erratic Kirkland, not to mention the poor and erratic Paul Robinson selected?

Why is there only one natural left back? Where is Leighton Baines?

Phil Neville has been excellent and indispensable to Everton without a doubt, but do we really need him in such a big squad where there are ample covers for each position?

Why is Michael Dawson in the squad, when he has had a poor season thus far and still far from fulfilling his touted potential as John Terry? Joleon Lescott should be in his stead. Or perhaps Wes Brown, if SWP can get into the squad.

Shaun Wright Phillip should not be admitted into the squad, because he couldn't even get regular football in Chelsea. And whenever he plays, he has been patchy. The inclusion of him sends out the false message that past reputation is far more important than current ability.

Against Spain, my personal starting line up (strongest) would be

Ben Foster

Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Jonathan Woodgate, Wayne Bridge

Aaron Lennon, Steven Gerrard, Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing

Wayne Rooney, Andy Johnson

And bring in Lescott, Richards, Dyer, Hargreaves, and Defoe at one point or another.

An exciting match I reckon. How about you?

Against Spain, my personal starting line up (strongest) would be

Ben Foster

Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Jonathan Woodgate, Wayne Bridge

Aaron Lennon, Steven Gerrard, Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing

Wayne Rooney, Andy Johnson

And bring in Lescott, Richards, Dyer, Hargreaves, and Defoe at one point or another.

An exciting match I reckon. How about you?

I'd definetly start with Barry instead of Stuart "1 good performance this season" Downing.

I'd also pick Terry instead of Woodgate who I don't think should be considered until he proves his fitness over a much longer period.

From this squad, I'd go for:

Foster (90 mins, the other goalies in the squad are shite)

G.Chuckle (Richards for 30)

Ferdinand

Terry (Carragher for 30)

Bridge

Lennon

Gerrard

Hargreaves (Barton for 30)

Barry

Rooney

Johnson (Defoe for 30)

Keep the # of subs down ...Aside from getting Richards a game I'd only sub the players coming into the squad half-fit...

Lescott is a good shout tho, he definetly deserves a call more than Dawson. And to think I suggested him as a potential target for Newcastle last year  :coolsmiley:

I'd definetly start with Barry instead of Stuart "1 good performance this season" Downing.

I'd also pick Terry instead of Woodgate who I don't think should be considered until he proves his fitness over a much longer period.

Don't Terry or Hargreaves need to prove their fitness too?

Don't Terry or Hargreaves need to prove their fitness too?

Woodgate (And Dyer) have been consistenly picking up injuries for a number of years...they are not the type of players I would consider taking to a tournament until I think that they are likely to stay fit - and I would need more than seeing them play half a season in 3 to think that. With no tournament this summer, I wouldn't have considered either player this season and just left them to concentrate on playing for their clubs.

Terry and Hargreaves just picked up one injury in isolation, it could happen to anyone and apparently they are both returning today? I'm working off the assumption that theyve put their injuries behind them. No serious track record of injuries so I have no problem picking them.

Surely Milner can get in if the likes of Barry and Barton are in there?

They play in different positions.

Barry has scored 10 goals already this season and Barton deserves his place imo.

Not saying he hasnt played well but how many of Barry's goals have been pens?

Guest Geordie Gaz

downing again... :idiot2: :cheesy:

find another left sided englishman playing better than him than i would agree .

Milner when he plays there :)