Probable England team

Guest duffyg

If Dyer is on the left, it means he's playing Gerrard and Lampard in the middle again?

Carrick

SWP Gerrard Lampard Dyer

Rooney

or

Gerrard Carrick Lampard Dyer

SWP

Rooney

I can't see either working.

Why does it have to be an age old England tradition that players can play shite in almost every international yet still rack up huge numbers of caps.

Like John Barnes. Two, maximum three decent games for England = 80 odd caps.

Fingers crossed that there's some truth in this:

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11764

Bwahahahaha!!!!

What a fucking legend.

He's only said what everyone was thinking. Poor old Frankie, can't take a bit of stick. I guess thats what happens when Daddy and Unky Harry gave him his chance at a career on a plate, he's never had it half as hard as most.

My admiration for Barton grows by the day...

What was it he was supposed to have said about them (Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard) releasing books?

"..."We got beat in the quarter finals. I played shit. Here's my book." Who wants to read that?"

He also suggested Lampard and Gerrard would need two balls to play in the same midfield.

McClarren will be very lucky to get a result with that team imo. Should stick with Gerrard and drop Lampard (disgrace at the last WC)  and bring back Becks.

I'd have gone

Robbo

Neville  Ferdy  Woodgate  Barry

Lennon  Parker Gerrard    Dyer

Rooney

Crouch

Bench

Foster

Campbell

P. Neville

Carrick

Lampard

Barton

SWP

Guest optimistic nit

no way dyer deserves to play in front of barry. he's been ace this season but as has barry but barry has been ace for longer.

----------------------Harper-----------------------------

----Barton---Taylor---Woodgate---Pearce----

---------------------------Parker-------------------------

--------------------Dyer----Beardsley-----------------

------------Shearer---Owen---Ferdinand----------

Waddle

Gascoinge

Batty

Howey

Beresford

Barnes

Guest WalkervilleMag

says on Sky, that they think Lampard will be playing on the Left, with Gerrard and Carrick in the middle, SWP on the right,  Dyer playing behind crouch

says on Sky, that they think Lampard will be playing on the Left, with Gerrard and Carrick in the middle, SWP on the right,  Dyer playing behind crouch

naaaaaaaarrrrrrrr the team above tbh

If Barry gets put anywhere but left-mid, and Dyer anywhere but upfront, then it's a waste of a place. After all, they're getting picked for their recent performances in their respective positions, not different ones. Why bother picking them if you're going to put them into a position where they have not justified selection?

Lampard, Gerrard. :rolleyes:  Friendlies are for experimenting.

Glad to see Foster, Woodgate, Phil Neville (dislike him but he's been excellent of late), Dyer in there.

However, if Spain play anything close to their first eleven, we'd be right to get mullered. Of course, it rarely turns out like that.

Should be a decent watch. Spain were a lot of fun in the World Cup.

I always end up watching the England games, even though they are nearly always utter shit.

Make a point of watching the U21s though, normally far more entertaining. Sky tonight. :thup:

I rest my case. I'll be amazed if the full game is a more worthwhile watch than that tonight. Four goals, plenty of chances at either end and a decent comeback from England.