Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

How slow the BBC are at putting teams up. Their Saturday football live feed is generally a good read, but they're very slow in getting the actual teams up. They seem to put stuff like "X and Y are out for Sunderland today, Z is back for Chelsea" 45 mins+ before kick off, so they must know the teams. Just put the line-ups on.

:lol: I hate if I'm out before the match (or another match) and I ask someone to check for line ups and then see them navigating towards the BBC.

How slow the BBC are at putting teams up. Their Saturday football live feed is generally a good read, but they're very slow in getting the actual teams up. They seem to put stuff like "X and Y are out for Sunderland today, Z is back for Chelsea" 45 mins+ before kick off, so they must know the teams. Just put the line-ups on.

:lol: I hate if I'm out before the match (or another match) and I ask someone to check for line ups and then see them navigating towards the BBC.

It's daft. They clearly know what the teams are, just put them up instead of fannying on with certain players being in or out. :lol:

It's daft. They clearly know what the teams are, just put them up instead of fannying on with certain players being in or out. :lol:

Yeah it is annoying. I can just about bear it for our games where I can guess at who'll be replacing them etc, but it's too much to have to think about for teams I don't watch every week.

Theres a few people around me at the match who shout 'howay man ref,6 seconds!' or something along those lines when the goalkeeper has the ball at his feet and the balls in play. Learn the rules man

Guest neesy111

The amount of times I see foul throws in PL games and nothing is done about them.  Seems like that rule is just completely ignored nowadays.

Theres a few people around me at the match who shout 'howay man ref,6 seconds!' or something along those lines when the goalkeeper has the ball at his feet and the balls in play. Learn the rules man

The 6 second rule when the keeper has the ball actually in his hands doesn't even exist anymore, so that makes the people around you twice a worse :lol:

Guest bimpy474

The amount of times I see foul throws in PL games and nothing is done about them.  Seems like that rule is just completely ignored nowadays.

When i ref kids on a Sunday i'm like a Army drill instructor with the throw in's, i hate them being wrong. For me a throw in is a basic football thing you learn first.

I actually feel the urge to kick a kid up in the air when he argues with me if he fecks it up.

The 6 second rule when the keeper has the ball actually in his hands doesn't even exist anymore, so that makes the people around you twice a worse :lol:

Should still be an enforced rule, does my nut in. Krul does it as much as anyone though.

Guest bimpy474

Managers and pundits saying that if you give a penalty for every shirt pull or block in the area there would 20 penalties a game.

So be it, its a penalty for those things. give 20 a game and watch the players stop doing it.

Oh, and fucking gobshite "experts" telling me that if it wasn't a penalty it must be a yellow for diving. Like there's no other possible alternative, like a tackle, or a slip or taking evasive action. These peabrains have played professionally for years as well and you would imagine that this scenario might have cropped up at least once during their long careers. Fucking independent thought probably hasn't though. Pisses me off that our money is gushing into their overfilled tax-efficient schemes and all we're getting back is blah-blah-blah-whatever-everyone-else-has-already-said. :rant:

But I know nowt as conclusively proven above :lol: Fucking reality.

:okay:

Euphemisms for diving or the description of diving.

Lineker said straight up that Santi dived earlier today. Really liked that. None of that:

"didn't look like there was much contact there"

"he went over quite easily"

"made a meal of that challenge"

...bollocks. Especially after a replay.

Commentators should have the balls to just say "_______ has dived(, and that is a disgrace. The FA should be looking at that after the game.)".

Especially after a replay confirms this as being so.

Should still be an enforced rule, does my nut in. Krul does it as much as anyone though.

Was just going to say - he's probably the worst of the lot :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Ref's holding up a corner and talking to players pulling each about. Corner taken, same players doing exactly the same thing, ref does nothing.

Dont bother talking to them in first place ref you spanner.