Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Managers abusing match officials at length (topical). I don't mind the odd outburst, but today was systematic bullying. I'd love a ref to be able to come out and say to the manager "I wouldn't talk to my dog the way you are talking to me" and throw the book at them.

I hate bullying in every sphere, and that is all it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20650106

"Liverpool were left stunned after their hopes of challenging for a top-four spot were hit by a loss to Aston Villa"

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/really.gif

Yesterday:

Brendan Rodgers has challenged his Liverpool players to continue their winning form after targeting a top-two finish in the Premier League.

:lol:

You can't fucking target a "top-two" finish man :lol: That just means that you've lost out on winning the league, which surely would have been the target. I can see the case for saying a top 4 or a top 6 finish, but you can get fucked with targeting a top two finish :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Falling into the habit of thinking 'if we play like we did against x, then we'll beat y'

That includes me, btw. It's often true mind, but it seldom happens like that imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20650106

"Liverpool were left stunned after their hopes of challenging for a top-four spot were hit by a loss to Aston Villa"

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/really.gif

Yesterday:

Brendan Rodgers has challenged his Liverpool players to continue their winning form after targeting a top-two finish in the Premier League.

:lol:

You can't fucking target a "top-two" finish man :lol: That just means that you've lost out on winning the league, which surely would have been the target. I can see the case for saying a top 4 or a top 6 finish, but you can get fucked with targeting a top two finish :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Managers abusing match officials at length (topical). I don't mind the odd outburst, but today was systematic bullying. I'd love a ref to be able to come out and say to the manager "I wouldn't talk to my dog the way you are talking to me" and throw the book at them.

I hate bullying in every sphere, and that is all it is.

The refs need to be stronger tbh, I completely understand the respect thing but they don't help themselves when they have options. Ferguson could have easily been sent to the stands, if he refused I am sure serious sanctions could have been made. They let him get away with some ridiculous abuse.

It's the same with diving, constantly being debated but they have the power to stop it, they just don't use it enough.

I might get slaughtered for this, but shouldn't the officials have sent out at a message from the very very beginning? It's not like Ferguson had this aura of invincibility from the get go. The moment he started berating officials, he should have been punished. Now he knows he'll get away with it, and possibly get decisions to go his way, so why wouldn't he do it? We don't live in a perfect world. If any player or manager think they can influence decisions of officials in a football game, they're going to do it, especially if they think they'll avoid punishment for it.

I might get slaughtered for this, but shouldn't the officials have sent out at a message from the very very beginning? It's not like Ferguson had this aura of invincibility from the get go. The moment he started berating officials, he should have been punished. Now he knows he'll get away with it, and possibly get decisions to go his way, so why wouldn't he do it? We don't live in a perfect world. If any player or manager think they can influence decisions of officials in a football game, they're going to do it, especially if they think they'll avoid punishment for it.

Partly agree, he shouldn't be such a twat, that's a given but as you say if he wasn't allowed to be one he wouldn't have taken full advantage of it.

Fucking hate Suarez btw, will probably mention this every week until he hopefully fucks off. What a complete and absolute cunt.

Partly agree, he shouldn't be such a twat, that's a given but as you say if he wasn't allowed to be one he wouldn't have taken full advantage of it.

Fucking hate Suarez btw, will probably mention this every week until he hopefully fucks off. What a complete and absolute cunt.

It makes it twenty times worse than the little cunt is a brilliant footballer.

It makes it twenty times worse than the little cunt is a brilliant footballer.

Yep, would love to see him get an injury on the scale that he acts like he has received.

I normally don't like that sort of comment but I don't care!  :laugh:

Paul scholes and his clumsy challenges according to commentators.  He fucking knows what he's doing.

Even after he took offence at the idea he couldn't tackle and came out with this

“Of course I can tackle. There’s plenty of evidence of being able to tackle.

“I was just getting people back. If someone got me early in the game it was always in the back of my mind that I needed to get them back.

Paul scholes and his clumsy challenges according to commentators.  He fucking knows what he's doing.

Even after he took offence at the idea he couldn't tackle and came out with this

“Of course I can tackle. There’s plenty of evidence of being able to tackle.

“I was just getting people back. If someone got me early in the game it was always in the back of my mind that I needed to get them back.

You would never have guessed he used to play with Roy Keane would you?

Sorry Hans, you have just highlighted something that is a pet hate for me.

Not being allowed to point out something in football that you disagree with/mock because of.

Would there be anything we could laugh at if we weren't a little biased?

"Ha ha, they were shit" - "We can't talk, remember when we were shit against"

"Fucking hell, what a miss" - "Demba missed one worse than that in the **** game"

"What a cunt, he didn't even touch him and he's rolling about like he has been shot!" - "We can't talk, Ben Arfa did it against ****"

Would be a pretty quiet forum if we couldn't talk about things we had done ourselves, this fascination with 'being the bigger man', that's not what football is about for me, we should all be hypocrites a little iyam.

Guest bimpy474

I wasn't saying Bimpy was bias or mocking him, just listed Jonas as that's exactly what he does :lol:

As does Demba far too much for me too.