Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

If he'd got the ban he should have, ie at least a year, we'd have had different champions 95-96 season.

Fucking ridiculous how many 1-0 wins they seemed to get due to Cantona and Schmeichel.

Seemed to go on forever. 1-0 Cantona.

Guest firetotheworks

Cantona was the difference so often for them that season.

1 October 1995  Liverpool  H  2–2  Butt 2', Cantona 71' (pen.)

27 November 1995 Nottingham Forest A 1–1 Cantona 67' (pen.)

9 December 1995 Sheffield Wednesday H 2–2 Cantona (2) 18', 84'

22 January 1996 West Ham United A 1–0 Cantona 9'

4 March 1996 Newcastle United A 1–0 Cantona 52'

16 March 1996 Queens Park Rangers A 1–1 Cantona 90'

20 March 1996 Arsenal H 1–0 Cantona 65'

24 March 1996 Tottenham Hotspur H 1–0 Cantona 51'

8 April 1996 Coventry City H 1–0 Cantona 47'

Was it QPR (a) where he scored in Fergie time to win it 1-0?

Remember one year at QPR they got about 8 mins injury time and they scored once or twice.  Bruce scored.  Game actually went on until Man U scored.

This defo happened, I think.

Was it QPR (a) where he scored in Fergie time to win it 1-0?

Remember one year at QPR they got about 8 mins injury time and they scored once or twice.  Bruce scored.  Game actually went on until Man U scored.

This defo happened, I think.

Was that not against sheff wed at home, where there was an injury to the ref but not the amount of time added at the end.  Bruce scored the winner with a header from around the pelanty spot.

I know there would never be a way of regulating it but I hate how refs have to stick so rigidly to the rules at all times. Elmohammady should have been sent off today on the grounds of being an utterly disgraceful cunt. Blatant, flagrant cheating, then had the temerity to celebrate, and the cheek to protest all the way until beyond the HT whistle. Just disgraceful, man.

I know there would never be a way of regulating it but I hate how refs have to stick so rigidly to the rules at all times. Elmohammady should have been sent off today on the grounds of being an utterly disgraceful c***. Blatant, flagrant cheating, then had the temerity to celebrate, and the cheek to protest all the way until beyond the HT whistle. Just disgraceful, man.

Then his manager goes on to claim he didn't cheat :lol:

Sky building up for the Merseyside derby. Going on and on about the 'Gerrard factor' and his last derby etc. Yes, he is leaving, we f***ing get it.

Aye, I thought this was shit craic when I seen it last neet. WTF is that all about. They proper bot certain players like. Skanks.

Few of my pet hates:

Away goals rule, stats that only include Premier League games and ignore the old Division 1 (same for the Champions League/European Cup), people who care what 'the best league in the world' is, non-traditional football strips (you're not allowed a black away kit just because you think it looks cool), people who call for smaller nations to 'prequalify', the 3rd tier being called League 1,

Few of my pet hates:

Away goals rule, stats that only include Premier League games and ignore the old Division 1 (same for the Champions League/European Cup), people who care what 'the best league in the world' is, non-traditional football strips (you're not allowed a black away kit just because you think it looks cool), people who call for smaller nations to 'prequalify', the 3rd tier being called League 1,

For me it should be division one down to whatever it goes down to. Cut all this Premiership, Championship, League 1 shite out.

Agree with just about all you say to be fair.

I kind of agree with the away goals rule though - It's just not as relevant these days since away fans are generally louder than home fans.

Agree with that. For example "most Premier League goals", etc. Here's a good link which goes right the way back.

http://www.free-elements.com/England/ts0.html

Still have two in the top 10. :)

Pretty surprising to see the likes of Les Ferdinand, Le Tissier, Beardsley ahead of... and even Michael Owen, level with Jackie Milburn.

Shearer would have given Greaves a run for his money if it wasn't for the injuries.

Agree with that. For example "most Premier League goals", etc. Here's a good link which goes right the way back.

Pretty surprising to see the likes of Les Ferdinand, Le Tissier, Beardsley ahead of... and even Michael Owen, level with Jackie Milburn.

Shearer would have given Greaves a run for his money if it wasn't for the injuries.

This is how stats should be. It's not like the game completely changed in 1992.

Maybe, but Greaves played less games. He'd have more if he'd stayed off the booze :lol:.

It always surprises me that Alan Ball scored so many goals. It also surprises me that Clive Allen isn't in the top 100, though he must be close.

Edit: Just seen the next page. He must have scored a few in the Second Division.