Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Sniffer

Commentators that claim a player has fantastic technique when he scores a good goal.  lampard and Rise spring to mind. Doesn't matter that they've hit the corner flag or put the ball into orbit on their last dozen attempts. Funnily enough, the commentator never says their technique is rubbish then.

Players taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time in the latter stages of a game. It should be classified as time-wasting / ungentlemanly conduct and penalised.

That and TV pundits moaning about referees.

No...the refs. should implement the obstruction law. Or is that another rule FIFA revoked and I missed it?

Here here. For some reason the obstruction rule gets suspended whenever a defender is blocking an attacker to make sure the ball runs out of play. Often they're nowhere near the ball, but when was the last time you saw a defender penalised for this?

Players taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time in the latter stages of a game. It should be classified as time-wasting / ungentlemanly conduct and penalised.

would've lost count the number of times Mr Shearer would've been suspended had that had been put into action

Guest Sniffer

Until it's clamped down on, then all players will do it. But it needs to be addressed especially when teams are doing from about the 85th minute on. Penalise it a few times resulting in late goals and you won't see it as much but there has to be consistency.

who take their tops off when following the Toon

why?

Because the silly fat wankers do nothing to enhance the image of the area, club or fans TBH.

just a pissed up laugh tbh, will reply to your PM soon mate

who take their tops off when following the Toon

why?

Because the silly fat wankers do nothing to enhance the image of the area, club or fans TBH.

just a pissed up laugh tbh, will reply to your PM soon mate

Ok mate. No worries.

-English commentators cant learn to say Dirk Kuyt right.

It's basically pronounced Derk Kout

However the one that really winds up the Dutch is our inability to say Cryuff. It's one syllable.

- Cruiff.

Definately not Cry uff

Things I hate....

Those flags at Bolton (I've only seen them on TV and I hate it...)

The way commentators find diving terrible unless it's an England player

Players mobbing the referee and the referee not sending them all off

Guess english cant say it properly because of it goes like "käit". Dont know how it is typed in english. But in finland we have the letter Ä.

Guest slimbob

No...the refs. should implement the obstruction law. Or is that another rule FIFA revoked and I missed it?

Here here. For some reason the obstruction rule gets suspended whenever a defender is blocking an attacker to make sure the ball runs out of play. Often they're nowhere near the ball, but when was the last time you saw a defender penalised for this?

That really pisses me off as well, i've seen players start sheparding the ball out 18 yards from the touch line blatently obstructing the attacker as it trickles out of play. Its the most obvious example of obstruction you will ever see yet for some reason its accepted and is never given. Yet when player pushes the ball past a defender and runs into him when he has no chance of getting out of the way its always a foul.